***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

I agree with Charlie15 - all the Anthony's I know are Anthony or Ant ... and the Tony's are older men. . . I have the same problem with Stephen - I know eventually people will call him Steve, but at the end of the day I don't have to call him Steve (My OH's name is STeve too, so would get REALLY confusing!!) then that's all that matters to me :) So try not to think what others will/won't call him, because NO matter what naem you pick, someone will change/shorten it to something you don't like :)

yeah the only tonys i know are like my dads age lol
i LOVE the name milo though!
funny enough i love benjamin and it was on my list but i dont like all the nicknames that come with it.. so i know what u mean!

Seems like a lot of us are in the same boat - making final decisions on names.
We, too, are still umming are arring about our LO's name.
DF suggested Danica which I love and now there is a Danica on the UK Celeb BB! Although I haven't followed it, I get the gist that she is not a liked character.
If we go for Danica then her middle name will be Carys.

The other names we thinking about is Catherine. Looks like it runs in both our families. My mother would love her to have a family name - we on the other hand aren't too fussed. If we choose Catherine for her first name then no idea as to what her second name will be. Catherine Carys just doesn't seem right!

The 3rd option is Annabelle. Just a name that DF really likes. Not sure again as to what her middle name will be then. Annabelle Carys or Annabelle Freya?

I like Catherine and Annabelle!

My husbands name is Benjamin and his family calls him Benji since that was his childhood name then his co workers or friends call him Ben or just Benjamin. Since we met when he was still Benji :haha: it slips sometimes and I call him that.

I guess your really cant help what other people do when hes young all I can do is correct them! I do it on accident sometimes too I have a friend with a daughter named Jessica and I sometimes call her Jessie and she hates it! Just hard not too! But true ive never met a little boy named Tony. We call Dominic Domi and never had anyone call him anything else, well besides Dominique which is a girls name! :wacko:

So for now its Anthony Lucas...

Our daughters name is Lanay. I didn't think it could really be shortened but our youngest calls her 'baby nay' and I have a feeling that Nay just might stick...we'll see! We call Kelsie 'Kels' and Adalynn 'Addie'.

I love all the names you ladies have talked about. :)
I can't believe I moved up a box on my ticker!

We changed names so many times. For a week I would call my belly Madeline, but i hate the thought of maddy. SO then it was on to Taylor but that didnt feel right either. Then ella but nope to that. Finally my OH came to me with Morgan and my son wanted to use my grandmas middle name Faye. So Morgan Faye it is. I was still unsure of it until we brought our families along for our sono. We dcieded then we would reveal the name. My grandma (who she is getting her middle name from) cried. Thats when it became real to me and we had choose the right name. So Morgan Faye it is!

Ours are Scarlett (Letty), Sophie, Madeline (Maddie). :cloud9:

All three of those were on our girls list wtb. Looks like I'll be the only girl in this house for quite awhile!

My names are Trey for a boy (can't be shortened) and Katiya for a girl. I don't like Kat or Katie but I do like Tia... Xx

We decided our names before we conceived and have stuck with them still. Our DS is named Ethan and I thought it was unusual as I had never heard it, it seems it was popular that year though. I really wanted a nice but unusuall name too as I'm a Lucy which was so common at my school-I was 1 out of 3 in my class.

I agree with Charlie15 - all the Anthony's I know are Anthony or Ant ... and the Tony's are older men. . . I have the same problem with Stephen - I know eventually people will call him Steve, but at the end of the day I don't have to call him Steve (My OH's name is STeve too, so would get REALLY confusing!!) then that's all that matters to me :) So try not to think what others will/won't call him, because NO matter what naem you pick, someone will change/shorten it to something you don't like :)

Round here they shorten names as far as they can, all the Steves are Stes lol. My partner is Andy but at work they call him And, it just gets silly - crazy scouse types, I'll never understand them totally ;)

We've decided on Emma for this little one :) It's pretty common back home but over here it isn't. Hopefully my oh doesn't decide to change his mind again :wacko: xx

Beautiful names everyone - mine is staying secret for now :haha:

Mine is staying a secret too!! all are lovely names, i love the name Emma, i know so many Emmas but I still think it's a lovely name.

Feeling so tired today! and my heart burn just wont let up, Ive added tums to my daily ritual of prenatal vitamins, calcium and magnesium. This baby better come out with a head full of hair all this heart burn I have!

I dont know if its because Im nesting or just really bored at home all day with no car, furniture or friends to invite over to my empty house :nope: but ive come up with a plan to start my own business! and by business I mean make stuff in my own time and sell it :haha: I havent told anyone I know besides my husband but he loves the idea. So in the next couple of months im going to be working on stuff and stock piling to sell. Things like cloth diapers, inserts, prefolds, reusable nursing pads, reusable baby wipes, onesie extenders, paci clips ect. If no one buys my stuff thats fine cause I can just use it on my own children! I also can buy a lot of things for cheap and sell them for less than manufactor wants but more then what id pay for them (teething necklaces, diapers ect) I might be crazing thinking I can sew with a 1 year old let alone a newborn so I think ill try to have everything BY the time baby comes then just restock once a month. IDK ideas are still in the works :haha: Im the admin on a moms group for our area as well as military cloth diapering mommas so I know plenty of people to get the word out, guess we will just have to see!

sounds like a great idea daddiesgift!! use etsy as well.. pregnant women love that site! lol

sounds like a great idea daddiesgift!! use etsy as well.. pregnant women love that site! lol

You're telling me! :haha: I browse etsy at least once a day! Really want to get a matching shirt and onesie "big brother" "little brother" off of there before baby comes!

We are naming our daughter Emilie. :) We haven't got a second name really as of now maybe we won't have one (it isnt uncommon in germany not to have a middle name)

Daddies, sounds like a great idea, not sure i could do it with a little one and new born as I'm so not organised enough!

Emilie is a lovely name and was on our list but didn't work with the middle name that was pretty much set in stone.

I love the name Emilie and Emilia but Andy's son's mum is called Emily so perhaps wouldn't sit right with him haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->