***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Congrats Lolly!!! That seemed fast...?? Can't wait to hear the story!

Daddiesgift - I have a Medela pump in style double electric. I get different amounts at different times during the day. First thing in the morning I can get 7-8 oz., but other times I get 4-6. I usually pump for 10 minutes, although lately I've been only pumping for about 3-4 minutes because I can get 4 oz. in that amount of time, and that's enough for one feed.

I also use the Playtex drop ins bottles... but I use the silicone nipples. I think they're great because they seem to be the closest shape to the breast than most other bottles, plus with the bag, I feel like they work more closely like bf'ing.

I hope things go well with the consultant tomorrow!! Mine didn't do much but tell me I was doing everything right, but it was still nice to ask all my questions and make sure I was doing things right and was on the mend instead of causing more damage. I definitely have more issues with my right side and I'm considering using the "miracle salve" (triple nipple cream) that she told me about, but I'm going to go a few more days and hope that I can resolve the pain on my own.

Thank you :)

It was pretty fast! I went in to get checked as my contractions were still irregular but definitely getting more intense, although I could still talk through them. When I got in I was 4cms and then things progressed really quickly. I had awful backache and turns out baby was lying back to back, it was horrendous :wacko: I ended up getting an epi and a spinal to help with the pain. A couple of hours later I was 8cms and the MW broke my waters for me, not long after I was fully dilated and it was time to push! Second stage lasted for only 5 mins, good old RLT!

Congrats Ttc!!

Good luck F&C and babyfeva!!

Cridge- WHAT!! 10 mins?!? Holy crap I need this pump ASAP!! Mine I do at least 30 mins to get that much. And one side is now broken :( so I have to do one breast at a time. Anthony acts very uncomfortable at night :nope: I wonder if its something I'm eating? He seems to always be burping or farting something is making him gassy

Oh lolly she's gorgeous, congratulations!

Babyfeva, any update?

Like before, my contractions once again stopped overnight. I lost my plug this morning but this happened a whole 5 days before I had my son.

Got another sweep (3rd attempt) but this morning so I will be interested to see if I've dilated any more. Am getting incredibly fed up.

Congrats lolly - she's gorgeous!!! :)

Fingers crossed this sweep works f&c

My cervix is still at 2cm but very long and posterior. FX it still does something.

Sounds like it went really well Lolly - congrats!!

F&C - I'm sending labor vibes your way!! I hope this sweep does the trick!

Daddies - I borrowed my sil's medela 10 years ago when I had my first, so it was on the top of my list this time around. It's not cheap, but it does a great job (or you can probably find a place that rents them out). My lactation consultant said you shouldn't have to pump more than 10 minutes, so it sounds like your pump isn't doing its job. I can also determine the intensity of the suck, so it's been really nice with the sore nipples - I can take it easy on a day that I'm having a lot of pain or I can really suck myself dry in a hurry on days I'm feeling good. :haha: Have you met with your LC yet?

Hey ladies!! Finally have a moment to update everyone on BNB ;)

Davis is here!! Was born on Wednesday, November 21, 2012 at 10:46am. He weighed in at 7lb 5oz and was 20.5" long. Absolutely perfect in every way!

I checked into the hospital in Tuesday night already having contractions (though, I couldn't really feel them). They started my first dose of the cervix softener at 10:40pm, 2nd dose at 1:40am, and before they could administer the third dose my waters broke on their own at 3am. Around 5:30 the contractions were so incredibly strong I asked for an epidural... The nurse was pretty adamant I probably hadn't made enough progress at that point to get one, but went ahead and checked my cervix to find I was already at 3cm!! Got my epidural at 6am, checked again after it was inserted and I was at a 5! Pretty obvious at this point things were moving quickly. Started feeling lots of pressure around 9am and asked for another check... 10cm!! Fully effaced!! Ready to push!! Had to wait for the doc before they'd let me push. She got there at 10:30am and Davis was born 16 minutes later. Only 3 pushes and he made his debut :) We're so in love with this sweet baby!

I haven't had a chance to catch up on the chat, so congrats to all the new mommies and good luck to those still waiting ;)

https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/7519419A-AF15-4FB8-BC4D-9DB37C5E8168-2877-00000126237CEEB6.jpg
https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/C005AF64-1DE2-473C-A9C0-9A0D69CBB3A0-2877-00000126185DBAEB.jpg
https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/83F05253-7EA2-4FD5-9A11-C614E2C7A6BA-2877-000001260F028BF3.jpg
https://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p546/Lderosa5/06C85463-C7FD-4752-A261-6C341D836D0A-2877-0000012603CBB05F.jpg

@ lolly ! CONGRATZ! damnn never thought i would say this but iam healthy jelous! Well im really happy!
Makes me looking forward moree to my baby ! Hadnt felt that for a while!
And wohhh your baby was back to back? i wish i was there lol! It just scares the heck out of me!
Where you taking pills or using the Tea?

@Cridge: So your using the electric one? Im thinking about buying the electric too but its soo expensive!
How long does it take for your to pump your milk with electric?

Mrs he's gorgeous! Congratulations!! And what a labour.. impressive :)

Nothing exciting happening here. I'm beyond gutted. Really struggling to get by every day and have the induction and threat of another c section looming over me.

F&C i hope for you everything will be fine!
Ladies almost an hour ago i was bouncing on my ball and felt bit dizzy not so much dizzy but bit of whoozy orsomthing.. felt really weird!
Im getting tightening now! Feeling dizzy again! as iam typing this now!

I think im just gonna clean my kitchen now quick for just in case lol
and get my hospital bag ready!
You never know, i dont trust this feeling
Wish me luck otherwise you will hear from me again! lol

Congrats Mrs! He is adorable!! I can't believe you have been able to get such great pics out of him already. :thumbup: I'm so glad labor went so well!

@Cridge: So your using the electric one? Im thinking about buying the electric too but its soo expensive!
How long does it take for your to pump your milk with electric?

Samia - Yes, I'm using a double electric. It is SO expensive, but if you plan on pumping regularly, it's worth it (at least, I figured it was). I know you can rent Medela hospital-grade pumps (which are supposed to be even better), but I really don't have a clue how much they are to rent. In 10 minutes I pump anywhere from 7-8oz. If I'm in a hurry and just want enough milk for one feed (about 3.5-4 oz. for my little guy... he's a piggy), then I just need to pump for 3-4 minutes.

Congrats Mrs!! He's precious!!

Well I have mastitis :nope: I've decided after talking to my husband, mom, sister that I won't be breast feeding anymore. Lactation consultant came and said he may have an asymmetrical tongue. We took him to doctor and he thinks he has a protein allergy just like my oldest. Since he's uncomfortable and colicky after breast feeding so I'd have to stop eating dairy and soy just to see if that's it. I never wanted to bf long term so why would I put myself and him through pain just to stop anyways? Oh well I'm happy with the decision.

My husband slept on couch with baby so me and my oldest could sleep. He has a fever and ear infection and I have mastitis :( blah

Hi all. Quick update from me been having pains in lower abdomen since yesterday morning. Called doctors office n have appt at 230 today will update later

Emilie was born 22/11 by sec. c-sec. I am still struggling getter proper latch but at least it doesnt seem to affect nipples too much yet-- going to rent pump thottles athospital wo or so bough (try at ;east) pumped ttoo (but onlu 10 mils then)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->