***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

Tag
Nov 13th
First
A boy
Want it to be a surprise
5 months - lost one

Already had my first ultrasound this Wednesday and saw the heartbeat (130 bpm) :) We were told the baby is measuring perfectly!!! We are over the moon but still praying its a sticky bean ;)

Its nice to have a place to come and share this amazing time in all of our lives!

Ohh Boof, I've just realised we're due on the same day if my dates don't change! :D

Welcome and congrats Tag! :) xx

Name(just first)? Siegal
How old are you? 27
Whats your EDD, How have you figured that date? Nov 30 by LMP
What # child is this for you? 2
Do you predict you're carrying a boy or girl? Boy
Are you finding out the gender? Yes
How many months were you TTC? 6

Thanks Jillie again for your advice. I had to take my son to the Drs today and mentioned I was pregnant so they booked me in right there and then! Got my maternity notes and a letter explaining when my appointments should be. Suddenly it seems a lot more real! X

How come you got a letter telling you when to expect your appointments? I got nothing like that from my doc's!! I would have sooo appreciated something like that! I was totally left in the dark till I spoke to a midwife who explained everything to me.

I think it's just something that our Drs surgery does. It has two columns; one for your first baby and the second for subsequent babies and then underneath it tells you which weeks certain things happen. I'm pretty impressed with it.

Yey to all the lovely healthy beans and their scans!

:hi: to the new ladies.

I'm catching up on OBEM, and I'm now even more tearful than usual!! Does anyone else watch it?

Thanks Jillie again for your advice. I had to take my son to the Drs today and mentioned I was pregnant so they booked me in right there and then! Got my maternity notes and a letter explaining when my appointments should be. Suddenly it seems a lot more real! X

How come you got a letter telling you when to expect your appointments? I got nothing like that from my doc's!! I would have sooo appreciated something like that! I was totally left in the dark till I spoke to a midwife who explained everything to me.

I think it's just something that our Drs surgery does. It has two columns; one for your first baby and the second for subsequent babies and then underneath it tells you which weeks certain things happen. I'm pretty impressed with it.

I'm catching up on OBEM, and I'm now even more tearful than usual!! Does anyone else watch it?

Yes, and normally I end up shouting at the tv a lot, but this weeks episode was done well xxx

Great scans, boofle and logo!!

I still drink a cup of decaf every morning. I need it to start my day. Something about that routine...

I wish my docs did the same for me! It would have so put my mind at ease from the start.
I might actually suggest it to them.

love seeing everyones scans! and welcome new girls!

i just sneezed and the pain in my lower tummy almost took my breath away! at least i know now what to expect now and can brace myself!

Welcome to the new ladies.

I'm hoping I get to catch up with this thread properly tonight. If I'm not working, I'm looking after James and if I'm doing neither of those, I'm sleeping :haha:

Wishfulmom - I just sneezed too and OUCH!!! do you think that will be anything like labour cramps? I hadnt thought of that.

I had a huge scare this weekend, started bleeding and although this pregnancy has progressed so much better than my last MC pregnancy, I feared the worst and was really panicked. I had an emergency US and I would have been just 5+3w and they saw little baby measuring 1.5mm and we saw the flickering heartbeat!!!! I can't believe it's in there flickering away :)

We have another scan when I will be almost 8 weeks to check on progress :)

I have a scan pic but you can't see as much on that, have posted it in my journal (I'm on my phone now so can't it post easily in here)

Fish&chips - yes I watch OBEM - I love it :) I consider it my guide to labour lol

^^^Alandsa - what you see on OBEM (especially this series, the last two weren't so bad) definately isn't how it has to be....they do a lot of things (like holding your breath, chin on chest pushing and keeping mums on the bed a lot) which are actually against guidelines. Although the waterbirth they had was absolutely lovely :thumbup:

So glad to hear everything is ok with the bleeding, that must have been such a huge worry

xxx

Oh really? That's interesting! Yeah I noticed they seem to do that a lot. I love the idea of the water birth especially if it 'could' help reduce the need for hardcore pain medication

I would be interested in seeing the guidelines, are they the NICE guidelines or something like that?

NICE guidelines still put a time limit on the second stage (when you start pushing to when the baby is born) but the Royal College of Midwives doesn't recommend directed pushing. I saw a good article recently, will try to find it x

I hope I have a good midwife when deliver this baby like I did with my son. She didn't tell me when to push at all, she said just to trust my body! :) xx

I'm hoping to have a nice MW this pregnancy. With James I had loads of different ones. I'd just found one I liked and I had James 2 weeks later :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->