***November Sparklers 2012***(101)babies(14)angels**33 babies here

new EDD is 11/11! i like it! and i get to hearbeat finally next week! 5/9! they ultrasounds dont do it here..

Wow we have ladies in 2nd tri already!! Is this going extremely fast for others or is it just me?

13 weeks today :happydance: (My scan put us forward half a week, so I feel like I've suddenly sped towards the end of first tri.)

And something amazing happened ... we went into town because I HAD to buy new bras. I was down to two that fitted me just about but were still really uncomfortable. Anyway, I bought four bras, and then I thought "I could manage a cafe lunch", so we went for lunch! In a cafe! I ordered normal food! I even had waffle and ice cream and choc sauce for pudding! OMG, is this normality returning? (I do feel absolutely knackered now, and a bit bloated too, but I can't have everything.)

Yes, from all the different sources I've read it seems like IN the 14th week you are in secod Tri, and I am now in the 14th week!!! Woohooo!

Still felt like first Tri lasted a lifetime but I am excited for this trimester!

Wow we have ladies in 2nd tri already!! Is this going extremely fast for others or is it just me?

It's dragging for me, LOL! I have had such awful insomnia... the second tri can't get here soon enough!!

Mrs326, I hear what you are saying. These past few weeks have taken FOREVER!!!

Is anyone taking Ambien? I finally got a call back from my doctor and asked them what else I could take for insomnia since benadryl and tylenol pm are not working for me... she prescribed Ambien... seems pretty heavy IMO. Anyone else taking it?

oooh am I in 2nd tri now then??

And yeeep going quick here! Maybe because I get too distracted to think about it - whereas it dragged because I didn't really have much to do :haha:

oooh and just noticed I've moved up a box on my sig!! yaaaaaaaaay!

So, hey ladies. i am probably about to make a fool of myself, but i need a little reassurance. I am on my 3rd pregnancy which, i must tell you, has been extremely different from the last two pregnancies' first tri's. Morning sickness so bad i was put on the Alere program, and just now after 2 weeks have been able to take the medicine pump out of my stomach. And i have had iv infusions at home. anyways, i know i have been sick, and have lost weight so far, but i feel like i am not showing enough. My stomach is completely flat. With my last 2 pregnancies i could tell the difference at 8 weeks. Do you think I am worrying for nothing? I am afraid since i havent seen the baby since 7 weeks that maybe it isnt growing right? I know they say your real belly doesnt start showing until 12 weeks or later, but I am still worrying. Am i completely ridiculous? :blush:

So, hey ladies. i am probably about to make a fool of myself, but i need a little reassurance. I am on my 3rd pregnancy which, i must tell you, has been extremely different from the last two pregnancies' first tri's. Morning sickness so bad i was put on the Alere program, and just now after 2 weeks have been able to take the medicine pump out of my stomach. And i have had iv infusions at home. anyways, i know i have been sick, and have lost weight so far, but i feel like i am not showing enough. My stomach is completely flat. With my last 2 pregnancies i could tell the difference at 8 weeks. Do you think I am worrying for nothing? I am afraid since i havent seen the baby since 7 weeks that maybe it isnt growing right? I know they say your real belly doesnt start showing until 12 weeks or later, but I am still worrying. Am i completely ridiculous? :blush:

A friend of mine is pregnant with twins and had ms so bad she also had a medicine pump in her stomach and could not hold anything solid down. She's 17 weeks and just started showing with twins!! I think as long as your doctor says development is on track you shouldn't be too concerned with your weight gain. Most of the weight we gain at this stage is just bloat and extra lbs from the awful foods we crave, so I think you're good. Just consult with your doctor if you're really concerned.

to MRS326 ambian is a class B medicine so if the benefits weigh out (lack of sleep, sleep deprivation in your case) then yes it is safe and can be taken. i am on a class B medicine for anxiety.

only do whats comfortable to you though!

Just catching up, lovely scan pic ladies.
All just wonderful.
Had my 12 week scan last week but only measured 10 weeks and 3 days, really not sure how I estimated so wrong so due date moved to the 19th November

Been booked in for a rescan next week to confirm date.

13+6 or 14 weeks by scan bump :flower:

https://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad354/Booflebump/utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTIwNTA0LTAwNzU1LmpwZw-1.jpg

Is anyone taking Ambien? I finally got a call back from my doctor and asked them what else I could take for insomnia since benadryl and tylenol pm are not working for me... she prescribed Ambien... seems pretty heavy IMO. Anyone else taking it?

I just checked the BNF, which is the "pharmacist's bible" in the UK. Ambien is a benzodiazepine type of drug, which are definitely not prescribed in pregnancy in the UK. I don't know the US FDA's take on benzodiazepines during pregnancy, but I would take care. I would go and talk to your dr again, or go and ask the pharmacist in your local pharmacy.

to MRS326 ambian is a class B medicine so if the benefits weigh out (lack of sleep, sleep deprivation in your case) then yes it is safe and can be taken. i am on a class B medicine for anxiety.

only do whats comfortable to you though!

I just checked the BNF, which is the "pharmacist's bible" in the UK. Ambien is a benzodiazepine type of drug, which are definitely not prescribed in pregnancy in the UK. I don't know the US FDA's take on benzodiazepines during pregnancy, but I would take care. I would go and talk to your dr again, or go and ask the pharmacist in your local pharmacy.

Thank you both for your responses! I did take an Ambien last night - I was far too sleep deprived to put up a fight about it and needed the help. It did work, but I'm not sure it's something I want to use throughout my entire pregnancy. A friend of mine told me her doctor suggested Unisom & B6 to help her sleep while she was pregnant so I may give that a try since they're over the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->