November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Started feeling baby moving! I've been waiting for it and yesterday I got a real boot (maybe baby turning) definate kicks 1am and this morning at work. It makes me smile so much :)

Oh also my official due date is 2nd nov x

It's amazing isn't it! I've been feeling baby moving too! :happydance: It feels a little like muscle twitches or vibrations. Today I was staring at my tummy, and I saw it distend slightly on the right! Like a tiny foot or hand pushed up against it. It was very low, just a little above my pubic hairline. xx

I was induced with my daughter and like you it was the worst experience of my life. I ended up with a 24 hour failed induction and an emergency section under general anaesthetic. I take my BP about once a week and its usually fine around 120/80 or there abouts.

HELLP syndrome is a rare condition (from what I have read) but its usually quite fatal. It stands for -
•H -- hemolysis (the breakdown of red blood cells)
•EL -- elevated liver enzymes
•LP -- low platelet count

Basically as well as getting severe pre-eclampsia my liver and kidneys inealy went into failure, I had swelling on my brain and my blood stopped clotting. Not a very good situation to be in.

Can you not choose to have a section this time round?

Whoa, that is scary, I'm glad your ok. Oh My Gawd!! General anesthesia?!? Oh, I feel for you, glad you made it through that. I haven't come right and asked for a section, but I told her that hubby was 9 lbs at birth and his sister was 10 lbs, just joking about big babies and she said if this one is that big than she'll do a section and not make me go through that. So sounds like she is open to it. My first born came naturally on her own a day before her due date and that labour was a dream. With my son I was induced. I feel like being induced made contractions come harder, faster and more painful with no time to rest in between them. The labor took a very long time too, it wasn't any faster because of induction. Not to scare anyone. I think it was the fact they didn't want to give me an epi made things alot worse than they should have been. I was on medicaid, not private insurance, so I didn't have a specific doc, just whoever was on duty. The nurses kept switching out every few hours, and finally one nurse took pity on me and demanded an epi. By the time it came to pushing I was so exhausted I just couldn't. They had to pull my son out with forceps, almost had to do an emergency section. The whole experience really was awful. I almost went into that post par tum depression. It took a whole day before I mustered the courage and energy to go see my son. But, I told myself to stop feeling sorry for myself, get up, clean yourself up and go see your son. And I did. And fell in love, and put the whole awful experience behind me. I didn't mean for this post to turn into my birth story but there it is. I know we're all anxious to see our little ones, but best to let them come in their own time and not try to get induced for no reason other than impatience. Childbirth should be beautiful, not hurried and painful. This time around, if I had a choice between induction or section because of preeclempsia or any other issues I'll choose section, and be done with it.

Hi,

I just found this thread too. My third child is due on 5th November, so hopefully will arrive with a bang! It'll be nice to share this exciting time with other mums at the same stage. I didn't join the forum early on as I lost a baby last year (MMC in September) and wanted to wait till it was clearer that this one will be for keeps. My kids are very excited - I have a DS (5) and a DD (2).

Minky

My boy was delivered via emergency cesarean under general anaesthesia too when I had a placental abruption and started bleeding out. So I had no waters breaking, no contractions and was asleep til he was 3 hours old.
It's really surreal for me this is the first time I'll see my baby be born and hear its first cries

Why bumps appear between 16 and 17 weeks ...HUGE growth spurt!! My bump defo got bigger just after 16 weeks and now I know why!!
Thought you girls might want to see this!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 12
Why bumps appear between 16 and 17 weeks ...HUGE growth spurt!! My bump defo got bigger just after 16 weeks and now I know why!!

I definitely had a growth spurt from 16-17 weeks

Congratulations and welcome! :happydance: is this your first baby? How exciting another little boy. I will add you to the front page xxx

This will be my first. It's also good to hear that others are feeling baby movement around now. I swear I could feel something today that I don't think was gas. The Dr. said he was quite active when I had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago.

Wow, they grow alot in that one week!! Tomorrow I'll be 16 weeks, and already look huge. I'll post a bump pic, let me just go clean up bathroom first, lol

Here I am at 15weeks 6 days

Attachments

• 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 16

Wow, they grow alot in that one week!! Tomorrow I'll be 16 weeks, and already look huge. I'll post a bump pic, let me just go clean up bathroom first, lol

I thought my bump got noticeably bigger at 16 weeks because I ate too much on my baby moon. Well...maybe it helped.

Here I am at 15weeks 6 days

Nice bump :) I'm around same week as you. I feel mine is still just extra fat from before, lol. Damn having a little purge before pregnancy !

In the a.ms my bump is in the stage if its fat or pregnant belly but once i eat something it pops out and its obviously a preggo stomach lol

^me too. In the am I look fat, in the pm I look preggo, lol

Ditto that. Nothing like a little lunch to make a girl look pregnant!

Gulp. And I'll have two in that space. I'm definitely getting pretty big already. And I'm only 15w.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->