November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Oh myyy i hate hemorrhoids! I never had em and once i got preggo with my LO i got them and they decided to stay. Its soo painful sometimes not always. Is anybody here going to do a babyshower?

I do not want to experience those, lol !

I think I'll be having two. One with my family and friends and another with OH's family, which he will attend since I've never met any of his extended family before and they all want to come to the baby shower lol

Oh myyy i hate hemorrhoids! I never had em and once i got preggo with my LO i got them and they decided to stay. Its soo painful sometimes not always. Is anybody here going to do a babyshower?

I do not want to experience those, lol !

I think I'll be having two. One with my family and friends and another with OH's family, which he will attend since I've never met any of his extended family before and they all want to come to the baby shower lol

Trust me you do not want to experience those.

I maybe may have one but my familys side. Not OH family. I had problems with MIL back then which wont surprise me if she doesnt do one but i told her that if my mom made me one she will be the only one invited not her sisters or anything (OH aunts) but seems like she caresless. I once texted with her about it that maybe wasnt doing one at all because my mom was the one that made me one with LO and that it wasnt fair for her to do another when she had already, as soon as i said that she didnt even bother replying to my texts at all.

Think everyone has own view on bumpers. I used them with my girls, never told otherwise.

Piles are horrible, took about 6 months after birth to go but gladly they did.

Nearly half way, weirdly enough memories of labour are coming back to me more clearly.

I've heard mixed things about bumpers. I got them and if I feel baby is moving around in the crib a lot I'll take them out.

My mom and sister are throwing me a shower in the beginning of Sept for my family, DHs family, and friends.

Hi,

I just found this thread too. My third child is due on 5th November, so hopefully will arrive with a bang! It'll be nice to share this exciting time with other mums at the same stage. I didn't join the forum early on as I lost a baby last year (MMC in September) and wanted to wait till it was clearer that this one will be for keeps. My kids are very excited - I have a DS (5) and a DD (2).

Minky
Welcome and congratulations :happydance: oooo a bonfire baby would be lovely.
I wil add you to the front page xxx

I'm 17+3 and I've definitely have a growth spurt in the last week and look pregnant now.

I've not had a good week to be honest. I've been feeling light headed and nauseous and more tired than usual. Yesterday I put my back out and now I can't lift my toddler or drive the car. I also had root canal treatment yesterday and I think my dentist missed some of the nerve because my face is really sore today (she couldn't take an x-ray because I'm pregnant). On top of that, I found out my husband has racked up a secret credit card debt of £8.5k which I am just so upset about. Anyway, chin up, hopefully next week will be better!
So sorry for your bad week. Hope you are feeling better soon and you sort things with dh :hugs: xxx

I just posted a long rant in second tri. I had my doctor's appointment this morning, and a bit disappointed that I won't have my next scan (gender scan) until at least 24 weeks. But I guess it gives my OH more time to decide if he wants to find out the gender or not.

Still have no idea as to what I may be having. My mom is set on the idea that I'm having a girl. I haven't even had any names pop in my head (which with DS, first name that I thought of was his, and I just knew I was having a boy).

Also I guess technically my due date changed, lol. At my dating scan baby was measuring 8w4d (I was 9w1d), so I guess instead of 11/4, it's 11/8. Who knows though lol :shrug:
I will change the due date Hun...sorry about the late scan :nope: xxx

Lovely bumps ladies :thumbup:

I don't think I will be having a baby shower. Didn't have one last time so it would be a bit weird to have one this time? Showers aren't as big a thing over here :shrug:

Probably no shower for us either since it's our 2nd.

About a week before DD was born, friends and I had a "casserole party" where everybody brought three of the same casserole: one to share that night, one to trade, and one for momma's freezer. I went home with 10 casseroles, it was awesome.
I'd love to do that again. It was soooo super helpful those first couple of weeks back home.

10424165_10152237263998382_371383838_o.jpg

15 week 4 day bump. Half way through the day, so a bit bigger with what I've eaten so far !

:hugs: Ty Princesskell

We most likely will not have a baby shower. I don't know many people up this way, and I rarely go home due to not exactly trusting my car (my parents live about 4 hours from me). OH isn't exactly involved with his family. He does talk to his parents, but they are technically old enough to be this child's great-grandparents (they had my OH when they were 40, and he's going to be 38 next month), so they have many grandkids and great-grandkids (some of their grandkids are even older than my OH). Anyway, so they aren't exactly excited about having another grandbaby, not like my parents at least.

I do have help from them though, I need to make myself a list of things we need for baby, and my parents are going to start looking for them at garage sales and what not. They also told me they are going to buy the baby carrier/seat for us. Now I just need to get that list together and get it emailed off to them.

Feeling so sad and short-changed right now...guess this is what I get for being part of a large family and the last to have a child this year.
My cousin due first is having a girl, named Ella. We have decided on Kella if it is a girl, so that was disheartening but I have decided to still use it.
My cousin that is due 5 weeks before me is having a boy. I felt safe with our choice (Eli) since she is almost being forced to name him as a Junior. Now she is fighting that and wants to name her boy ELI.
I don't win either way :cry: I feel like any other name just wouldn't be right for my boy or girl, and that was the only boy name we agreed on....

cute bump salu!!

I'm so sorry Dizzy, that sucks. Was it your name first (Eli) and you told her about it? Why not name your son Eli anyway? My middle name is Nichole and my cousin's middle name is Nicole and we both go by our middle names, well I go by Nikki, but still. I like Eli, could be short for Elijah. Kella is pretty for a girl name.

I will be having a baby shower. My two girlfriends can't wait to throw it for me. This is my third child, but I've never had a baby shower. She will be my husband's first (and only) child, so all his family can't wait. I look forward to it.

I don't think it would be right for me to have another baby shower as DS is only 17 months, however we will be in the new house in 6 weeks and do a housewarming/ celebrate baby party!

I never had hemorrhoids thank god! Hope I don't now. The thrush is enough!

And I will more than likely be having a planned section but they said we can discuss at 30wks and I need to decide by 34

I have not shared my name with her, because she actually had a bit of a tiff with the other cousin who is having an Ella (that was her girl choice). I would go ahead with the name Eli, but then I would feel like a copycat and we see each other at least twice a month so it's too close for them to have the same name I guess. I know it's selfish (soooo selfish, I feel horrid), but I'm hoping with our reveal next Tuesday we're able to get the name before they can make up their mind. I know she would be hurt, but I'm hurting, too. It's just a stupid situation!

Just took my LO shoe shopping and oh boyy i came home with 4 pairs! She loooves to wear mommys hig heels and lucky enough i found her heels but shorter for kids. They are like the classic pump high heels except for kids! They are adorbs! And shes small 3yrs old lol.

I will have a baby shower I am sure but not sure when. My BFF would want to help throw it, but she is preggo and due in September, which is sort of when I'd expect my shower to be. So I have to decide to do it earlier or later.... any thoughts?

I will have a baby shower I am sure but not sure when. My BFF would want to help throw it, but she is preggo and due in September, which is sort of when I'd expect my shower to be. So I have to decide to do it earlier or later.... any thoughts?

I'd go with earlier. Once she has her baby all her time will be consumed with little one and the planning might go by the wayside. And, you never know you might have the baby earlier than expected and not have all the things you need because you waited to buy them till after the shower.

I'd go with earlier. Once she has her baby all her time will be consumed with little one and the planning might go by the wayside. And, you never know you might have the baby earlier than expected and not have all the things you need because you waited to buy them till after the shower.

Yeah I lean towards early... But then what if shoe goes early! This is her second and she has said she would do either way.

My boobs seem to be growing just as fast as my bump, haha.

I'm sure I'll have a shower, though I can't be 100%, because I obviously wouldn't throw it for myself. My best friend, co-workers, and family have already been talking about it. I think that I'll probably have more than one - at least one at work and one with family and friends. We plan to register in the next few weeks at some stores too.

My belly feels like it's had a huge growth spurt this week. People have been commenting that they can see my bump.

I already know the date of my shower- August 24th. My mom and Aunt are throwing it for me. It seems a bit early, but with twins I just don't know how that third trimester will go. I could go early, I could be on bed rest.... And I want time after the shower to pick up odds and ends, etc. it just felt safer to do it a tad earlier.

Dissy, that is a tough situatation about names. :( Have you tried talking to her about how that was already the name you picked out? Maybe she'd understand and back off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->