November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Ladies talking to my pregnant relatives has got me nervous now!

I had asked my OB when the earliest to scan was, and she had said 18 weeks. We have a downs syndrome screening on the 10th, and so I called the sono tech to see when my (unrelated) ultrasound was scheduled. She told me the 20th. I asked her if I could move it to the 10th so that I wouldn't have to take more time off from a brand new job or school. She said that would be ok. Now, I'm only going to be 16+5, and I know that's early for gender anyway; my relatives are telling me that they may not even do it because the ultrasound is supposed to be at least 18 weeks for measuring purposes. I've gotten soooooo hyped up about possibly finding out the gender in THREE DAYS! that I don't want to be disappointed when I go in. I guess I just want some other thoughts on the matter? Will they still do measuring scan that early, or should I start expecting a reschedule?

All i can say is, when i found out i was pregnant at 18w6d i was told id get appt in few days to come back for my anatomy scan between 20-22w as it was to early to measure.

This getting up to pee at 330 am and not being able to get back to sleep SUCKS !

I know that feeling... and then the stomach starts growling.

Ladies talking to my pregnant relatives has got me nervous now!

I had asked my OB when the earliest to scan was, and she had said 18 weeks. We have a downs syndrome screening on the 10th, and so I called the sono tech to see when my (unrelated) ultrasound was scheduled. She told me the 20th. I asked her if I could move it to the 10th so that I wouldn't have to take more time off from a brand new job or school. She said that would be ok. Now, I'm only going to be 16+5, and I know that's early for gender anyway; my relatives are telling me that they may not even do it because the ultrasound is supposed to be at least 18 weeks for measuring purposes. I've gotten soooooo hyped up about possibly finding out the gender in THREE DAYS! that I don't want to be disappointed when I go in. I guess I just want some other thoughts on the matter? Will they still do measuring scan that early, or should I start expecting a reschedule?

The sono tech at my birthing center is on vacation during my 20th week, so I had to schedule the scan elsewhere because they wanted it between 19 and 21. As for knowing gender that soon, I hade a scan at 14.5 and the Dr could tell it was a boy from that. But I believe they can tell boys earlier than girls.

Baby keeps being very close to the top of my skin in my belly on the right side and is very uncomfortable...has anyone experienced this?

Baby keeps being very close to the top of my skin in my belly on the right side and is very uncomfortable...has anyone experienced this?

Im not sure what you mean but when baby gets bigger uncomfortable-ness on lungs/ribs aint good.

Thankfully i have night if im so tired i sleep until 6am before needing a pee other nights ive been up 4 times

OMG I've been getting up to pee 3-4 times a night and that's just what I wake up for... when I'm laying in bed before I fall asleep, I usually go at least twice. It's nuts and so annoying!!

I am finally sleeping a little longer without having to pee, probably because my uterus has moved up higher. But I definitely have nights where once I wake up I can't sleep well after. Ironic we can be so tired yet can't sleep!

I have been having a lot of round ligament pain on the right side. When standing it feels good to sort of hold my belly low on the right side, applying a little pressure.

My morning pee is at 5:30am. Ugh. My "alarm" (aka my toddler) usually gets up at 6am so I'm basically awake at 5:30 every day. *yawn*

I didn't have any RLP with my first but I am so uncomfortable with this one - Twinklie, I know what you mean about holding the belly and putting pressure. Mine's mostly on my right side too but sometimes it's both. So that's fun!

Thanks for the words everyone! Hopefully they'll at least still do the scan, even if they want me back a few weeks later :winkwink: I'm going crazy with just 2 days to wonder left! I can't imagine being told to wait!

I'm up 3 times a night to pee, and the last time I get up, around 5 or 5:30, wakes up the cats who then pester me to feed them. Good practice for intermittent sleep, I guess.

I'm waking up much earlier than usual and struggle to get back to sleep too. It's annoying! My toddler sleeps in late so I can't blame her.

I've had round ligament pain at times. Never had it first time round.

I wake up usually once at night to pee. I can usually go right back to sleep

Im a heavy sleeper so i have no problem going back to sleep and thats because i pee 3-4 times every night.

There's something on the top right part of my belly, but it's way higher than my uterus at this point. I wonder if it's some internal organ of mine that's not used to being so close to the surface!? But whenever this spot gets bumped, it feels like I've hit a nerve or something. Not really severe I guess, but a strange, jolting pain.

Mandaa, hope you get some relief from having to get up to pee so much! It was horrible for me in the 1st trimester, but so far since week maybe 15 or so, I rarely have to get up. I'm making a beeline for the bathroom in the mornings though!

Marie, I'm the same--no RLP with #1, but I'm a fair bit more uncomfortable this time. I wasn't sure if it's me being over 30 this time, or just being a subsequent pregnancy, or some combination of those!

This morning I was griping about how I basically only have one bra that fits right now. And DD informed me that bras are for "baby suckers." Hahaha love that.

Eyemom, I read more about the RLP this week. Apparently once the muscles stretch out the first time, they actually get stronger. So when they get stretched out again, you can feel it more. So, lucky us for having strong round ligament!

My heartburn has officially started. With DD I skipped right past heartburn and dove into acid reflux. I'm grateful it's only heartburn and mostly fixed with Tums. I just need a bigger bottle now.

Heartbroken my fetal doppler broke! Im just gnna live with fear again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->