November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Right finally an update since I have my internet back!

Baby is breech and keeps kicking me in the cervix. It really, really hurts ! OH has been laughing at me, dancing and wiggling around, turning upside down or sticking my bum in the air and wiggling it to try and get her to move!! Nothing seems to work though haha.

Turns out my placenta is anterior. Which is really weird because I always find her heartbeat with ease with the doppler and felt kicks from 17 weeks! Strange indeed.

The scan was alright. They took me in for the actual checks alone and OH had to wait outside. They didn't put baby on screen until after all checks were done. She was a student midwife and had a qualified doctor checking everything she did. She only didn't check the heart as she wasn't very confident so the doctor checked and talked her through it. Then OH came in and the doctor showed us baby etc. Then they asked if I minded letting the student nurse have a go at checking her heart and offered to give me extra pictures. So I got 10 pics (2 the same so 9 really) when I'd only paid for 6 . And the student midwife got to have a go and I saw the heart pumping in detail and stuff.

baby breech at this stage is perfectly normal. They dont tend to turn till beginning of 3rd tri. My second was breech at 16 & 20w but head down at 28w and never moved. As for low kicks i can relate totally catch you.

Anterior placenta never stopped me feeling movement or finding HB. I felt more than when my placenta was at the back, Could be higher up

Did it take you a little longer to feel movement from the outside?

I have an anterior placenta apparently but feel lots of movement inside but none from the outside yet. Baby girl was head down and I think she keep punching me right down there which is why perhaps I can't feel from outside?!

When am I likely to feel from the outside? I've felt her a few times from the outside but only a handful of times.

When i had gone for the scan my placenta is posterior which i can feel pretty much inside and out..even if i put my hand on my belly and press a little bit i can feel when he moves.

Hubby took me on a chocolate factory tour today! Smart man! We sampled lots of chocolate and of course had to buy some on the way out.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 9
EyeMom: Congrats on team :pink:! The girls will be the best of friends. I bet DD is excited. :)
Thanks! We are excited. DD is SUPER pumped. :D It's really sweet how excited she is. They will be almost 4 years apart, but I'm hoping it's close enough in age that they'll still be close, but not so close that things get competitive. We planned for a smaller age gap, but trusting God knows what he's doing. ;)

Eyemom - we are in exactly the same boat... with a four year age gap! Chloe is so excited about having a sister and is already picking out names (some of which we actually like!). I am actually really pleased with the age gap now (even though like you I would have chosen a smaller gap) but Chloe starts school in September which will assist with childcare!

Right finally an update since I have my internet back!

Baby is breech and keeps kicking me in the cervix. It really, really hurts ! OH has been laughing at me, dancing and wiggling around, turning upside down or sticking my bum in the air and wiggling it to try and get her to move!! Nothing seems to work though haha.

Turns out my placenta is anterior. Which is really weird because I always find her heartbeat with ease with the doppler and felt kicks from 17 weeks! Strange indeed.

The scan was alright. They took me in for the actual checks alone and OH had to wait outside. They didn't put baby on screen until after all checks were done. She was a student midwife and had a qualified doctor checking everything she did. She only didn't check the heart as she wasn't very confident so the doctor checked and talked her through it. Then OH came in and the doctor showed us baby etc. Then they asked if I minded letting the student nurse have a go at checking her heart and offered to give me extra pictures. So I got 10 pics (2 the same so 9 really) when I'd only paid for 6 . And the student midwife got to have a go and I saw the heart pumping in detail and stuff.

baby breech at this stage is perfectly normal. They dont tend to turn till beginning of 3rd tri. My second was breech at 16 & 20w but head down at 28w and never moved. As for low kicks i can relate totally catch you.

Anterior placenta never stopped me feeling movement or finding HB. I felt more than when my placenta was at the back, Could be higher up

Did it take you a little longer to feel movement from the outside?

I have an anterior placenta apparently but feel lots of movement inside but none from the outside yet. Baby girl was head down and I think she keep punching me right down there which is why perhaps I can't feel from outside?!

When am I likely to feel from the outside? I've felt her a few times from the outside but only a handful of times.

No, i felt her sooner than first from the outside (could have been because it was my 2nd) but she was a hyper baby and booted me very hard.

Didnt feel kicks on outside with 1st until 24w+

Im feeling this one lots but cant say 100% felt from outside. Hoping in next 2w ill start to.

Week 19 has flown by :-O so many appts/events then holiday over next 4-6w i get feeling before i know it im going to be starting 3rd tri.
Ill take my half way pic tomorrow i think my belly growth has decreased last 2w thankfully.

Tomorrow I'm getting that special resident learning scan at my DH's hospital! Really, really hoping I'll know genders this time tomorrow as it was the only reason I signed up! 20 week scan is still 3 weeks away.

I was reading a special week-by-week guide for twins and at 17-18 weeks for multiples they are calling me halfway! Gulp!!! I'm sooooo not ready and I have sooooo much to do to prepare!

Fingers crossed you find out!

Eek! Happy half way to you :D

Lovely bumps and news of kicks from everyone :yipee:

My kicks are getting stronger each day and I can feel and see it from the outside despite the anterior placenta :shrug:

Xxx

I think I'm FINALLY starting to know the difference between gas bubbles and the baby moving. Was laying in bed last night and could feel almost like popping bubbles and I think it might have been baby moving around, they come and go. I put my hands on my stomach while laying down, but haven't felt outside kicks yet, but if the 'popping bubbles' feeling is baby moving, it's a crazy weird feeling !

I think I'm FINALLY starting to know the difference between gas bubbles and the baby moving. Was laying in bed last night and could feel almost like popping bubbles and I think it might have been baby moving around, they come and go. I put my hands on my stomach while laying down, but haven't felt outside kicks yet, but if the 'popping bubbles' feeling is baby moving, it's a crazy weird feeling !

Yup that's probably your Lo. That's what it felt like in the beginning now it feels like a quick kick

Yup that's probably your Lo. That's what it felt like in the beginning now it feels like a quick kick

Same!

Last night Pickle was somewhat active while I was laying in bed. Pickle likes to roll as opposed to kick or poke, and likes to be up by my belly button alot. Well last night Pickle had done just that and I could feel my tummy was hard where Pickle was out, weird feeling and said so to my OH. I actually took his hand and put his hand where Pickle was at...he still didn't feel Pickle moving, or didn't notice the difference in hardness on my tummy. Somewhat frustrating because I want him to feel Pickle moving. He also said something to me about pushing on my tummy, saying something like that's not good, and don't push on Pickle. I said that's how you get baby to move if baby is poking in an uncomfortable spot. I just had to shake my head at him lol.

I have a feeling that I have felt baby move but have explained it away as gas bubbles or my heartbeat (I seem to have a very strong pulse in my belly!). But who knows!

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before. i would like to try for one. When I told DH he was like "What?!? Are you crazy…you're getting an epidural!" He doesn't do well with hospitals or medical stuff and is afraid if he sees me in pain he might pass out lol I just emailed this woman who does Bradley Method classes to get some info

Is anyone planning on a natural childbirth or had one before. i would like to try for one. When I told DH he was like "What?!? Are you crazy…you're getting an epidural!" He doesn't do well with hospitals or medical stuff and is afraid if he sees me in pain he might pass out lol I just emailed this woman who does Bradley Method classes to get some info

I would like to try to do as natural childbirth as I can. I was induced with my first and being on pitocin made is so much worse that even my epidural didn't take the edge off. My OH doesn't like hospitals as well, and hates seeing someone he cares in pain. I had an out patient procedure in Sept 2011 (I had a LEEP procedure that they put me out for), and he didn't even like seeing the iv needle in my hand, so I can only imagine how he will be when I'm in labor.

Finally got referred to an OB - about bloody time, lol
I don't think I could do Labour without an epidural - i am a big wuss when it comes to pain. I've hear you can get a half dose for the epidural. None of the pain but you can feel when you have to push. I may see if I can get that

18 week bump! That's pretty big for a sweet potato...lol...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 6
I had my anatomy scan today and I'm team PINK :pink:!!

She had her arms up double fisted on her face, so we couldn't get a clear view of the face. We tried prodding, moving around and she just stuck in that position. I wasn't asked to come for a rescan, so hopefully they got everything they needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->