November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Kazine: Those are lovely scan pics! Is this the 20 week scan? My Dr. does the whole thing in 3D. These 2D pics are amazing.

Twinklie: 10 days is soon. NEXT Week! <3 Gorgeous bump! :)

EyeMom: Congrats on team :pink:! The girls will be the best of friends. I bet DD is excited. :)

We went pram/pushchair test driving today and we've picked the mamas and papas sola city; it was between the mylo 2 and the sola city (we both decided the sola city was the best for us!) we're getting everything for it like the carrycot etc!

We can't decide on the colour; I like the pink and we really like the blue but the blue is really quite blue and as we're having a girl we might just get black and get a pink umbrella and blanket for her! Going to mothercare shortly to see what prams they have as well!

Yeah it was 20 week scan. All 2D over here in England!

EyeMom: Congrats on team :pink:! The girls will be the best of friends. I bet DD is excited. :)
Thanks! We are excited. DD is SUPER pumped. :D It's really sweet how excited she is. They will be almost 4 years apart, but I'm hoping it's close enough in age that they'll still be close, but not so close that things get competitive. We planned for a smaller age gap, but trusting God knows what he's doing. ;)

He sure does. :) My oldest was born in April 2011. :)

She starts Preschool in September. The time just flies.

Just got back from the doc's and everything is good! Macie's heartbeat was 145, and my uterus is almost up to my belly button now. I've gained 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks (*cringe) but doc said that is normal and fine, and not excessive. Triple test results came back last week, no downs or any other problems. I just need to drink lots more water, she said that is why my ankles swell so much.

My daughter is 11 and my son is 6, will be 7 when Macie is born, so there is quite a gap in ages between all my kids. The only thing I don't like is they will never go to the same school at the same time. My oldest daughter will be in high school by the time Macie starts kindergarten. I like that my daughter will be such a big help by the time I have Macie.

I will be 18 weeks tomorrow, I need to get another bump pic up.

Laura could always get black and get some custom bits on it to add pink girly ness to it. Loads good people on FB.

20 weeks today :) Can't believe we are halfway already!! Feeling huge though! Worried I won't be able to stand without falling over by full term haha

Attachments

• 19 weeks.jpg
    19 weeks.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 2
Right finally an update since I have my internet back!

Baby is breech and keeps kicking me in the cervix. It really, really hurts ! OH has been laughing at me, dancing and wiggling around, turning upside down or sticking my bum in the air and wiggling it to try and get her to move!! Nothing seems to work though haha.

Turns out my placenta is anterior. Which is really weird because I always find her heartbeat with ease with the doppler and felt kicks from 17 weeks! Strange indeed.

The scan was alright. They took me in for the actual checks alone and OH had to wait outside. They didn't put baby on screen until after all checks were done. She was a student midwife and had a qualified doctor checking everything she did. She only didn't check the heart as she wasn't very confident so the doctor checked and talked her through it. Then OH came in and the doctor showed us baby etc. Then they asked if I minded letting the student nurse have a go at checking her heart and offered to give me extra pictures. So I got 10 pics (2 the same so 9 really) when I'd only paid for 6 . And the student midwife got to have a go and I saw the heart pumping in detail and stuff.

An anterior placenta can be low or high. If yours is high, then it would make sense that you're feeling kicks early, since she's technically still pretty low.
I had no problem finding heartbeat with DD1, with an anterior placenta, but mine was very low-lying, which prevented me from feeling the kicks and movements.

BTW, absolutely gorgeous pics!

An anterior placenta can be low or high. If yours is high, then it would make sense that you're feeling kicks early, since she's technically still pretty low.
I had no problem finding heartbeat with DD1, with an anterior placenta, but mine was very low-lying, which prevented me from feeling the kicks and movements.

BTW, absolutely gorgeous pics!

Yeah that have said it is not low at all :).

Thank you!

littlefishy you look so great! love your bump! I have a feeling I will look just like you by 20 weeks. Half way is a fun milestone! Maybe I should start taking some pics of my bare belly, not just nice dressed up for work pics :)

20 weeks today :) Can't believe we are halfway already!! Feeling huge though! Worried I won't be able to stand without falling over by full term haha

I think I'm right there with you. My bump is so noticeable that I even have already started the waddle :haha:

What a lovely bump picture!!! Gorgeous!:hugs:

Baby is breech and keeps kicking me in the cervix. It really, really hurts ! OH has been laughing at me, dancing and wiggling around, turning upside down or sticking my bum in the air and wiggling it to try and get her to move!! Nothing seems to work though haha.

Turns out my placenta is anterior. Which is really weird because I always find her heartbeat with ease with the doppler and felt kicks from 17 weeks! Strange indeed.

The scan was alright. They took me in for the actual checks alone and OH had to wait outside. They didn't put baby on screen until after all checks were done. She was a student midwife and had a qualified doctor checking everything she did. She only didn't check the heart as she wasn't very confident so the doctor checked and talked her through it. Then OH came in and the doctor showed us baby etc. Then they asked if I minded letting the student nurse have a go at checking her heart and offered to give me extra pictures. So I got 10 pics (2 the same so 9 really) when I'd only paid for 6 . And the student midwife got to have a go and I saw the heart pumping in detail and stuff.

baby breech at this stage is perfectly normal. They dont tend to turn till beginning of 3rd tri. My second was breech at 16 & 20w but head down at 28w and never moved. As for low kicks i can relate totally catch you.

Anterior placenta never stopped me feeling movement or finding HB. I felt more than when my placenta was at the back, Could be higher up

Tomorrow I'm getting that special resident learning scan at my DH's hospital! Really, really hoping I'll know genders this time tomorrow as it was the only reason I signed up! 20 week scan is still 3 weeks away.

I was reading a special week-by-week guide for twins and at 17-18 weeks for multiples they are calling me halfway! Gulp!!! I'm sooooo not ready and I have sooooo much to do to prepare!

Still in shock that I'm having another girl. I was so convinced that this one was a boy. Having a hard time calling her a "she", or even just by her name. Reese Reese Reese.
At least it feels real now. Feeling her move, seeing my big belly, and knowing she's a she...18 weeks tomorrow and it's finally starting to become real!

I think it's even real for DD1. When I ask her where the baby is she says "right there" and she points at my belly. And then she wants to kiss it. Gosh dang it I love that girl!!!! Her little sister is a lucky girl!

baby breech at this stage is perfectly normal. They dont tend to turn till beginning of 3rd tri. My second was breech at 16 & 20w but head down at 28w and never moved. As for low kicks i can relate totally catch you.

Anterior placenta never stopped me feeling movement or finding HB. I felt more than when my placenta was at the back, Could be higher up

Did it take you a little longer to feel movement from the outside?

I have an anterior placenta apparently but feel lots of movement inside but none from the outside yet. Baby girl was head down and I think she keep punching me right down there which is why perhaps I can't feel from outside?!

When am I likely to feel from the outside? I've felt her a few times from the outside but only a handful of times.

I felt mine from outside pretty much straight away but OH always missed it and didn't feel it from outside until 20+1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->