November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Congrats Missy! :) x So happy to hear.

Geralyn: Wooooo! Yay for another scan! I never can get enough of them.

Congrats Missy - lovely story! A friend of mine is expecting twins in August and exactly the same happened to her... they advised that she was expecting a boy and a girl but could not be certain about the girl, but two weeks later at her 20 week scan, they confirmed she was having one of each! :oneofeach:

Glad it went well Geralyn and yay for another scan!

I am on serious countdown for mine now!!!

Congrats Missy - lovely story! A friend of mine is expecting twins in August and exactly the same happened to her... they advised that she was expecting a boy and a girl but could not be certain about the girl, but two weeks later at her 20 week scan, they confirmed she was having one of each! :oneofeach:

Glad it went well Geralyn and yay for another scan!

I am on serious countdown for mine now!!!

Thanks! I secretly hope I have a similar outcome to your friend! We shall see though. If it's two boys after all, that's great too. I already have two boy names I adore and am having trouble picking between them. I have nada for girl names that I want to use for sure. But seriously...one of each sounds perfect to me!

I forgot to mention I also had a routine appointment with my OB yesterday. It was seriously baby day. :cloud9: She took bloods to test for neural problems like spina bifida and such (part 2 of the genetic screen, I guess...didn't even realize that was part of it). Hopefully that all comes back fine.

Geralyn, congrats on the awesome scan! Nothing wrong with getting another, so yay for the extra peek! That happened to my cousin too because they couldn't see all four chambers of her DS's heart at her initial 20 week.

Missy - fantastic news! congrats.

Glad to hear everyone else 20w scan gone well too.

Happy half way to others due on the 6th!! :D

Ive just had a read through the previous pages about labour.

I always had the view of being open minded and research all options so you are aware of pros/cons.

However, saying that i am very against having an epidural unless section is needed. I hate having no body control, thought of not being able to walk, stand, go to bathroom. Plus im not a fan of needles.

My first labour, i was in early labour for 14 days every evening/night i'd have a pattern of BH/contractions for about 5hrs just never got close or strong enough.
When my labour finally started it was 27hr in length, with about 6/7hr of active labour and about 2-3hr of constant contractions (no breaks between)
When i arrived i was 5-6cm and was offered pain relief but i declined, the MW went on to say if i didnt start anything now its unlikely anything but an epi would work at this point, i declined.
Come hour or so later when they hit the point of no breaks i asked for G&A which didnt see to agree with me because i just sick every 10mins, had no effect on the pain.
I asked if was anything else apart from epi they said i can have pethidine, i remember reading this helped other mums to sleep between contractions so i agreed. Well it did nothing apart from make me feel like i'd drank 15 pints of beer, when your really drunk and feel like your walking on the moon :haha: pain was just getting worse. I finally got into a position where hard rubbing pressure to my lower back and breathing got me to the end. I gave birth on my back, i had suffered odd tailbone pain every since.

With my second i knew good breathing, being upright and loads of swaying helped. I arrived at hosp and was 4cm, already being sick repeatedly, got into the room MW offered G&A i just agreed so could have it there ready if i felt i wanted to try it but same thing happened again just make me be sick i barely used it. This time i had a new problem my SPD pain, this was worse than my contractions. My contractions got constant even earlier this time but i did it and manage pretty natural and gave birth on all fours, much easier. I was in active labour 6hr20mins(Early labour was 3/4hrs)

This time im hoping to have water birth at home, using water only for pain relief. I will be avoiding inductions at all costs.

Heres my 20w bump.

Attachments

• 20w.jpg
    20w.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 4
Ladies i have a quest....sorry if its TMI but ive noticed that everytime after DH and i have intercourse his ..... Gets tiny red bumps and goes away after a few days. But i dont understand what it is since i had my pap smear done my results came back clean. Do you ladies think its just a pregnancy thing?
Ooo not sure Jalanis. Does it hurt him? I wouldn't have though it could be anything about pregnancy, although maybe the ph of cm has changed? :wacko: maybe check with gp? He is damn lucky he's getting any bd right now though!! :winkwink: xxx

I had DD2 birth filmed, but from the view of my head. I love it! :)
filmed by you/dh? I wouldn't mind that but not keen on idea of a whole camera crew?! :wacko: xxx
I'm back! The scan was AWESOME! It was me and maybe 10 other pregnant women rotating between two different ultrasound stations. At each station there was an experienced OB and then residents would alternate through to learn basics for how to scan. I feel like I ended up monopolizing the ultrasound time! I got a good 2-3 hours with the ultrasound. The doctor spent ALOT of time with me trying to figure out genders even though that wasn't what the course was for. He was amazing and so, so nice.

The most important thing is that both babies are healthy, happy, and moving around like CRAZY! I'm about 75% confident on genders. Baby A is definititively a boy! So Team :blue: for that little guy. There was a clear potty shot. Baby B was MUCH harder to call. Baby B was wiggling and kicking like CRAZY, kicking their brother in the head, wouldn't sit still, so at first the OB just couldn't call it even though he spent like 15 minutes trying. He told me if I waited around for further sessions he would try again though. So....I blew off work for the day and waited for my next try. At my next try Baby B was still being uncooperative. The OB was VERY persistent though.... He spent like a half hour trying to find out the gender of my last little one! And he tentatively (NOT 100%) is calling a girl! So...tentatively Team :pink: for Baby B. I'm so, so happy...but guarded. He warned me he could be wrong with Baby B...he was confident, but not 100%. I have to wait for my 20 week in 2.5 weeks to hopefully confirm! Either way I feel very blessed.

Princess K, if you could wait to call me on the front page, I'd appreciate it. Even though I feel pretty confident, I want to wait until I get definitive evidence at the 20 week scan before I'm 100% calling it. If it turns out to be two boys after all, the last thing I want is to be sad about it or feel disappointed.

OH... Forgot to mention I have anterior placentas, so that may be why I'm not feeling much of anything yet. According to ultrasound, they are VERY active, so I'm not worried about not feeling them just yet. I probably ate too much sugar or something today, seriously two very hyperactive children!
super, super news missy! I think you are totally right to keep open minded about baby b, it woUld be easy to get carried away and then annoying if they are wrong. I will wait for the nod before I update :hugs:
Congrats they are two healthy little babies in there!! Xxx

Cute bump mummytoamber...happy halfway xxx

congrats missy! :)

I'm taking a mental health day today. I was off yesterday but work has been very stressful lately. I actually don't feel well either today so I called in sick. I could tell on the phone my boss wasn't happy, but you know what, I don't care. I haven't called in in over 2 years. I just know it sucks because it only leaves them with 3 people in the store today, and today is the day we are supposed to call everyone who may be past due on their bill. I woke up and got sick, and I still feel like I'm going to get sick, so I wasn't completely lying lol. Hopefully just getting some more sleep will help. Then just have to get through two days of work and I'm on vacation for a week.

So good to hear about the twins! How wonderful is that!!!!! And so good to hear that anatomy scan went well for you Geralyn :) ! I have posterior placenta and still havent felt a proper kick yet.... o when he kicks I just get confused? Can't wait to feel a good one! My anatomy scan is in 3 weeks !!!! can't wait to see my
boy again!!!

Ladies i have a quest....sorry if its TMI but ive noticed that everytime after DH and i have intercourse his ..... Gets tiny red bumps and goes away after a few days. But i dont understand what it is since i had my pap smear done my results came back clean. Do you ladies think its just a pregnancy thing?
Ooo not sure Jalanis. Does it hurt him? I wouldn't have though it could be anything about pregnancy, although maybe the ph of cm has changed? :wacko: maybe check with gp? He is damn lucky he's getting any bd right now though!! :winkwink: xxx

It bothers him a little, its like if its irritated. Lol and about bd TRUST me hes lucky if we do bd....i used to bd more often before pregnancy but once i got preggo its like if i turned off bd switch button lol. I know every person needs their time you know but right its maybe a 3 times a month thing.

Congrats missy 1 of each would be ace that's what we've got (though obv not twins).

Yay for a great scan geralynb :)

Jalanis, Any chance you could have shared a mild yeast infection? From what I've read it sounds plausible?

Eyemom i dont think so, it always happens everytime after we bd...and i once had yeast infection and i knew i had it since i had acne and red itchy bumps on me and i dont have any of that right now...i even told dr about it a few weeks ago and he didnt even seem bothered.

Eyemom i dont think so, it always happens everytime after we bd...and i once had yeast infection and i knew i had it since i had acne and red itchy bumps on me and i dont have any of that right now...i even told dr about it a few weeks ago and he didnt even seem bothered.
Ok good. I just thought maybe it was worth asking b/c when men get one, it can just be a light red rash with some irritation at the tip.

Jalanis: I'm sorry! That sounds so uncomfortable for poor dh. :( Hopefully whatever is causing it will tone down soon.

Could it just be an increase in your hormones? Your hormones increase with pregnancy, as does the cm. Could it be likely that your hormones are irritating him? Or simply a change in the pH of your cm from pregnancy (without it being a true infection)?

Ok good. I just thought maybe it was worth asking b/c when men get one, it can just be a light red rash with some irritation at the tip.

Yes thats how he has it! And everytime i go my dr sees the discharge i have and he says its normal.

Jalanis: I'm sorry! That sounds so uncomfortable for poor dh. :( Hopefully whatever is causing it will tone down soon.

Could it just be an increase in your hormones? Your hormones increase with pregnancy, as does the cm. Could it be likely that your hormones are irritating him? Or simply a change in the pH of your cm from pregnancy (without it being a true infection)?

It probably is that because the dr tells me its nothing to worry about but i will tell him again and see what he says this time.

Either way, no fun for either of you! I hate not knowing the reason for something :( I hope you get an answer

Yeah hopefully it's "nothing," but it's not a fun thing to have to deal with. It'd be nice if there were something to give him some comfort! I think it was another thread we were discussing how it's so annoying when Drs will tell you something is "normal" or something like that, but not tell you what you can do to make it feel better. Just because something is "normal" doesn't necessarily make it less uncomfortable!

I know ladies, thank god hes better now. Cant wait for my dr appt next week...
20wks today halfways there and excited to meet this bundle of joy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->