November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

I haven't gotten any hip pain while sleeping, but yesterday and today noticing some cramp like pains that come and go. Anyone else get something like that ? I fond that when I'm on my right side while sleeping it hurts more so I 'try' and stay on my left side, but I move around a lot when I sleep.

I've had that too. It could be RL pain or it could be your little one snuggling into your side. I've heard they have less room inside when we lay on our right side versus laying on the left. Mine got stuck there this morning and it was pretty painful.

Is anyone else having hip pain when they sleep? I change sides a lot during the night but both hips still seem to ache! I'm worried that it is this bad already, it seems so early!

I'm not sure if you asked about any remedies for sleeping before, but just in case it wasn't you, I want to put my high recommendations in for this pregnancy pillow: Leachco Snoogle Contoured Pillow

https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoo...s=leachco+back+'n+belly+contoured+body+pillow

I was having hip pain almost right off (I'm talking around 7 weeks?!?!) and it kept getting worse. I was not sleeping, I was waking all night (thinking it was just to pee), and I was in pain. I posted on facebook asking if anyone had a maternity pillow and would be willing to sell it. My friend (God bless her) had one, never used it, and donated it to me. Just testing it in my bed immediately opened up my pelvic area, took the pain out of my hips, and I was in heaven. This design (though a little less convenient to crawl in and out of, is multi-use. You can flip it over on itself and it becomes a armchair-type design for lounging in your bed. I love it.

The following paragraphs are really difficult to explain without pictures, so I hope they weren't too confusing. :dohh:
Tips: My friend thought the pillow was too thick for her neck. If that's the case, fill the gaps using other pillows, so you are essentially just creating elevation (like a whole new mattress for your top half), using your own pillow for your neck, and still getting the benefit of the pregnancy pillow support for your hips.

Also, as pregnancy progresses, I found that I could not lay as flat as the pillow would have it, so I put a medium thickness pillow under it while leaving a little bit for your shoulders to rest on, prop my shoulders up (so I'm not straining my neck with a million inches of pillow), and I'm now sleeping on a slight incline which is good for those of us suffering from pregnancy-induced heartburn.

I can't express how grateful I am for this pillow. Now I am only waking if my bladder is way too full (which went from 5-6 times/night to once or twice) or if my son decides to make noise.

I hope this helps. Also, walking at a brisk pace has seemed to prevent the hip pain from cropping up as much. When it comes on though, I just hop into my bed, and let the snoogle do its magic! :thumbup:

I hope this was helpful (I promise that I'm not a snoogle representative :haha:)

That pillow looks amazing! I don't know that it would fit in our bed. Lol we have a queen size bed and I already feel like I have a pillow fortress going on between me and my husband. I think I might invest in a body pillow and see if that helps. It's generally only the hip I'm sleeping on that hurts which leads to tossing and turning and both hips end up hurting.

I also think while I was sleeping, baby snuggled into my side and when I rolled onto my back there was a crazy bulge on the right side of my stomach. It was cute...and a little painful

That could work for you. For your measurements: It's about 2 feet wide at the header and footer, and maybe 3 feet wide in the middle. It fits perfectly comfortable on a queen sized bed. We brought it when I visited my parents, and it was perfectly snuggled in there. I tried the body pillow with my last pregnancy, and the first time I moved, they were gone. For some reason, the maternity supports better, and the way the pillow case is sewn, it holds the structure strongly and keeps the important areas in place (supporting your low back while lifting your leg and supporting your hip). The problem I found with using body pillows is the while you get comfortable, the pillow will slip away from your back (which is hugely important in keeping things comfortable). Give the body pillows a try first for sure because it does work for some people, and maternity pillows are like $60+. Good luck :hugs:

:haha: pillow fortress! Definitely have one anyway because I like other things to grab outside of the maternity pillow. It looks ridiculous!

Wow!!!! I'm excited! I just found out my insurance will cover a Medela Advanced double breast pump at 100%!! I love Medela and have always used that brand, but they are so expensive! I'm a sahm and will be bf so couldn't justify having to get a double pump for about 2 or 3 hundred bucks and was going to get a single pump that is cheaper. This just made my day. Ladies find out if insurance will pay for yours if you plan to get one, I'd have never thought about it.

Wow!!!! I'm excited! I just found out my insurance will cover a Medela Advanced double breast pump at 100%!! I love Medela and have always used that brand, but they are so expensive! I'm a sahm and will be bf so couldn't justify having to get a double pump for about 2 or 3 hundred bucks and was going to get a single pump that is cheaper. This just made my day. Ladies find out if insurance will pay for yours if you plan to get one, I'd have never thought about it.

Mine does too :)

I may be wrong but I think all insurances do in the US due to Obamacare.

I'm glad Mandaa, are you going to get the Medela?

Did you just call your insurance and ask? Or was there a form or something? And when would you get it?

I agree, i think its just right. If you want handle lower the design goes away there or if dont want T bar just removed that put cap in.

Ive never had 3 wheeler before, noticed seems to be chunky wheels hoping it proves good but another good reason i liked these and buzz i can change it into 4 wheeler, going to purchase that a bit later.

Many others picked/bought their pushchair?

I've bought nothing yet. I'm still overwhelmed thinking about all the stuff we need since we're first time moms. I did walk into a Babies R us a few weeks ago.

I feel the same way! I have put off buying anything until we find out gender ( one week from today!!! :happydance: ), but the idea of figuring out everything we need is super overwhelming. I bought the Baby Bargains guide book which has been helpful ( https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Bargains-Secrets-furniture-maternity/dp/1889392405 ). I know sotres like Babies R Us will give you a chiecklist but they will put stuff on there you don't need to get you to overbuy. If you have an experienced mom to take with you to register that would be ideal I think.

Trumpetbeth, I just saw a thread on here about it and called my insurance. They gave me the number to a durable medical equiptment company and I called them. The lady I spoke with told me I had a choice between Ameda and Medela, and that to call and request which one I want at 28 weeks pregnant, and have my doctor fax over a prescription for the pump I want. I'll be doing that as soon as I can.

I totally understand i didnt buy pram until 36w with my first.
This time i have so much to buy with youngest starting school and both girls bday and xmas in dec im glad to get most expensive purchase done and dust.

Great news about the breast pump :D

Love the buggy mummytoamber...have you had a new buggy each child? I'm reusing my oyster and changing the colour pack. I got a maclaren lightweight stroller thing which I've used as F has been older, so I have both to reuse.

Tiger that pillow looks lush. I bought one this time round, but it's not quite as long and I haven't really used it yet.

Xx

10483107_10152272126143382_1114403000_o.jpg

17 week 6 day bump pic. Feeling super bloated and fat today :(

Breast pumps are required to be covered by insurance in the US now due to health care reform, however the law doesn't specify what type of pump. Depending on your plan it can be a manual pump, up to a high-end pump. BUT, lactation support is also covered, which is awesome, because I know I had at least 4-5 visits with the LC at our hospital before we got the hang of things.

Is anyone else having hip pain when they sleep? I change sides a lot during the night but both hips still seem to ache! I'm worried that it is this bad already, it seems so early!

I'm not sure if you asked about any remedies for sleeping before, but just in case it wasn't you, I want to put my high recommendations in for this pregnancy pillow: Leachco Snoogle Contoured Pillow

https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoo...s=leachco+back+'n+belly+contoured+body+pillow

I was having hip pain almost right off (I'm talking around 7 weeks?!?!) and it kept getting worse. I was not sleeping, I was waking all night (thinking it was just to pee), and I was in pain. I posted on facebook asking if anyone had a maternity pillow and would be willing to sell it. My friend (God bless her) had one, never used it, and donated it to me. Just testing it in my bed immediately opened up my pelvic area, took the pain out of my hips, and I was in heaven. This design (though a little less convenient to crawl in and out of, is multi-use. You can flip it over on itself and it becomes a armchair-type design for lounging in your bed. I love it.

The following paragraphs are really difficult to explain without pictures, so I hope they weren't too confusing. :dohh:
Tips: My friend thought the pillow was too thick for her neck. If that's the case, fill the gaps using other pillows, so you are essentially just creating elevation (like a whole new mattress for your top half), using your own pillow for your neck, and still getting the benefit of the pregnancy pillow support for your hips.

Also, as pregnancy progresses, I found that I could not lay as flat as the pillow would have it, so I put a medium thickness pillow under it while leaving a little bit for your shoulders to rest on, prop my shoulders up (so I'm not straining my neck with a million inches of pillow), and I'm now sleeping on a slight incline which is good for those of us suffering from pregnancy-induced heartburn.

I can't express how grateful I am for this pillow. Now I am only waking if my bladder is way too full (which went from 5-6 times/night to once or twice) or if my son decides to make noise.

I hope this helps. Also, walking at a brisk pace has seemed to prevent the hip pain from cropping up as much. When it comes on though, I just hop into my bed, and let the snoogle do its magic! :thumbup:

I hope this was helpful (I promise that I'm not a snoogle representative :haha:)

That pillow looks amazing! I don't know that it would fit in our bed. Lol we have a queen size bed and I already feel like I have a pillow fortress going on between me and my husband. I think I might invest in a body pillow and see if that helps. It's generally only the hip I'm sleeping on that hurts which leads to tossing and turning and both hips end up hurting.

I also think while I was sleeping, baby snuggled into my side and when I rolled onto my back there was a crazy bulge on the right side of my stomach. It was cute...and a little painful

That could work for you. For your measurements: It's about 2 feet wide at the header and footer, and maybe 3 feet wide in the middle. It fits perfectly comfortable on a queen sized bed. We brought it when I visited my parents, and it was perfectly snuggled in there. I tried the body pillow with my last pregnancy, and the first time I moved, they were gone. For some reason, the maternity supports better, and the way the pillow case is sewn, it holds the structure strongly and keeps the important areas in place (supporting your low back while lifting your leg and supporting your hip). The problem I found with using body pillows is the while you get comfortable, the pillow will slip away from your back (which is hugely important in keeping things comfortable). Give the body pillows a try first for sure because it does work for some people, and maternity pillows are like $60+. Good luck :hugs:

:haha: pillow fortress! Definitely have one anyway because I like other things to grab outside of the maternity pillow. It looks ridiculous!

Are you sure you're not a paid spokesperson? :winkwink: I feel like I need one of these things! I do love pillows!

Shopping for baby is hard when you are team yellow but I managed to find some cute outfits today at the resale shop. All of this was only $25!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 13
I may be wrong but I think all insurances do in the US due to Obamacare.

I'm glad Mandaa, are you going to get the Medela?

yep! I've heard really good things about the Medelas and I've got a few choices between which double electric pumps I want from insurance. I think there are two different choices that are Medela.

My insurance company has it right under the coverage information under preventative services.

Thanks ladies :)

I've been feeling really blah today. Been having cramping on and off all day, plus the bloat doesn't help either. Just now I went to the bathroom, and noticed a little red mixed in with my cm, so that doesn't help my blah feeling tonight. It's probably nothing. Think it'll be an early night to bed for me. Hoping tomorrow brings better things.

It likely is nothing but some irritation, Salu. I hope you feel much better tomorrow. :hugs:

AFM: I've been crampy here lately too. Also my boobs are super sore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->