November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Congrats on half way or thereabouts everyone.
We had our 20 week anatomy scan yesterday,everything was perfect but after 2 hours of mucking about they still couldnt see baby boys heart properly,so i have to go back next week for a re scan.He weighs approx 11oz,how cute!
:dust:

I'm really looking forward to 20w scan on monday, then our holiday in July.
Not so looking forward to GTT test on 5th august though, anyone else having one done?

So, pushchair. I knew i wanted a Quinny, and i loved buzz xtra and moodd. I was put off the moodd because it was heavier and seat unit was smaller but loved its modern sleek look and big wheels.
Then it came down to the price buzz xtra was 450 for frame and seat where as moodd was 600 for frame and seat. I had decided it was buzz all the way, have been checking regular for any offers/discounts but nothing.
I had sale book from babies r us and they had offer on the buzz with car seat and save £65, i was like aww awesome. Just double check other places to make sure wasn't something better.

I came across britto(limited edition) moodd complete package with £250 off. I'd been eyeing this one up because it was really funky and different.
So i went against everything and ordered one :blush: without a doubt it was the best decision, it is bloody stunning. The stock pictures do not do the frame work justice, just amazing. I am so happy! I can get over the heaviness because i feel ive got system that will last be the 3yrs and wheels are just perfect for all surfaces. Also got extras that werent even in the description :happydance:

Heres few pictures :)

Attachments

• quinny.jpg
    quinny.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 8
  • quinny2.jpg
    quinny2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 7
  • quinny3.jpg
    quinny3.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 6
  • quinny4.jpg
    quinny4.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
  • quinny6.jpg
    quinny6.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 9
Is anyone else having hip pain when they sleep? I change sides a lot during the night but both hips still seem to ache! I'm worried that it is this bad already, it seems so early!

Is anyone else having hip pain when they sleep? I change sides a lot during the night but both hips still seem to ache! I'm worried that it is this bad already, it seems so early!

Yes, it goes in hand with SPD i have and lying on my sides is bad as weight to much, when i get up to walk i can limp.

Yes, it goes in hand with SPD i have and lying on my sides is bad as weight to much, when i get up to walk i can limp.

What's the easiest way for you to sleep at night? Luckily I slept through most of the night. I had to get up around 4am and move to the recliner to take the pressure off my hips. I'm going to try doing more stretching in the morning and at night. Our mattress is also pretty firm so I'm going to try to add some padding to my side. Hubby likes it stiff as a board so this could get interesting.

Wow,love your pram mummytoamber.
Im having a GTT on 15th july,i hate it and am dreading it.I had one at 37 weeks last time as DD stomach measurement was on 98th percentile.
This time i was told that everyone that has a BMI over 30 has to have one

Congrats on half way or thereabouts everyone.
We had our 20 week anatomy scan yesterday,everything was perfect but after 2 hours of mucking about they still couldnt see baby boys heart properly,so i have to go back next week for a re scan.He weighs approx 11oz,how cute!
Same thing happened to me the other day...they couldn't get the pictures of he heart and kidneys they needed so I have to go back in 2 weeks

Yup I've have hip pain at night. My pregnancy pillow helps

Travelmom i just sleep on my back with legs over pillow and surrounded by pillows.

Yeah that was case in my last pregnancy but i never went for mine, it was show up on your own accord. This time had book in at 12w mine on 5th aug.

Love the pushchair it's different but because the colours just on the frame it's not too 'loud'. I had a Quinny buzz and the front wheel was useless in shops as it would stick on the floor. (Few years old though).

I agree, i think its just right. If you want handle lower the design goes away there or if dont want T bar just removed that put cap in.

Ive never had 3 wheeler before, noticed seems to be chunky wheels hoping it proves good but another good reason i liked these and buzz i can change it into 4 wheeler, going to purchase that a bit later.

Many others picked/bought their pushchair?

I agree, i think its just right. If you want handle lower the design goes away there or if dont want T bar just removed that put cap in.

Ive never had 3 wheeler before, noticed seems to be chunky wheels hoping it proves good but another good reason i liked these and buzz i can change it into 4 wheeler, going to purchase that a bit later.

It's funny, push chairs or strollers don't seem to be as big of a deal in the states as they are for the UK ladies. We picked out the smallest lightest one we can put an infant it. Most of the ones I have seen are so big and bulky, the thought of walking through a store with them scares me.

It's funny, push chairs or strollers don't seem to be as big of a deal in the states as they are for the UK ladies. We picked out the smallest lightest one we can put an infant it. Most of the ones I have seen are so big and bulky, the thought of walking through a store with them scares me.

That moodd deffo comes in at big and wide haha.
You plan on getting a sling?
I use to do a lot walking before getting pregnant and always loved going walking with pushchair its relaxing to me (and keeps me up when i get tired lol)

I've bought nothing yet. I'm still overwhelmed thinking about all the stuff we need since we're first time moms. I did walk into a Babies R us a few weeks ago.

I'm not sure if you asked about any remedies for sleeping before, but just in case it wasn't you, I want to put my high recommendations in for this pregnancy pillow: Leachco Snoogle Contoured Pillow

https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoo...s=leachco+back+'n+belly+contoured+body+pillow

I was having hip pain almost right off (I'm talking around 7 weeks?!?!) and it kept getting worse. I was not sleeping, I was waking all night (thinking it was just to pee), and I was in pain. I posted on facebook asking if anyone had a maternity pillow and would be willing to sell it. My friend (God bless her) had one, never used it, and donated it to me. Just testing it in my bed immediately opened up my pelvic area, took the pain out of my hips, and I was in heaven. This design (though a little less convenient to crawl in and out of, is multi-use. You can flip it over on itself and it becomes a armchair-type design for lounging in your bed. I love it.

The following paragraphs are really difficult to explain without pictures, so I hope they weren't too confusing. :dohh:
Tips: My friend thought the pillow was too thick for her neck. If that's the case, fill the gaps using other pillows, so you are essentially just creating elevation (like a whole new mattress for your top half), using your own pillow for your neck, and still getting the benefit of the pregnancy pillow support for your hips.

Also, as pregnancy progresses, I found that I could not lay as flat as the pillow would have it, so I put a medium thickness pillow under it while leaving a little bit for your shoulders to rest on, prop my shoulders up (so I'm not straining my neck with a million inches of pillow), and I'm now sleeping on a slight incline which is good for those of us suffering from pregnancy-induced heartburn.

I can't express how grateful I am for this pillow. Now I am only waking if my bladder is way too full (which went from 5-6 times/night to once or twice) or if my son decides to make noise.

I hope this helps. Also, walking at a brisk pace has seemed to prevent the hip pain from cropping up as much. When it comes on though, I just hop into my bed, and let the snoogle do its magic! :thumbup:

I hope this was helpful (I promise that I'm not a snoogle representative :haha:)

I haven't gotten any hip pain while sleeping, but yesterday and today noticing some cramp like pains that come and go. Anyone else get something like that ? I fond that when I'm on my right side while sleeping it hurts more so I 'try' and stay on my left side, but I move around a lot when I sleep.

I've bought nothing yet. I'm still overwhelmed thinking about all the stuff we need since we're first time moms. I did walk into a Babies R us a few weeks ago.
Yea I feel overwhelmed too! We're going to register this weekend and I have no idea what I need!

Missyann, register even if you aren't having a shower you can use it like a shopping list and after your "shower" you get a discount on the things still left on the register, plus they give you a sack of stuff, I love free stuff. Mine had a Lansinoh baby bottle, A pampers diaper clutch that holds a couple diapers and wipes, free samples of stuff like diaper rash cream and coupons, I love coupons. That was fun.

Geralyn, they give you a checklist of suggested things you'll need.

I wanted to get a maternity pillow, but I can't sleep on my side anymore, have to sleep flat on my back or I'll wake up with my hands screaming in pain. I have carpal tunnel, get it every pregnancy and it sucks. I even sleep with wrist braces on with metal bars along the wrist and still they hurt. Between that and my nose so stuffy and clogged I can't breath I'm starting to dread nights.

US mommas -
Go check out Burlington Baby. The maternity clothes are insanely cute and insanely cheap. I'm about to place an order online, and will probably go check out a location in person this weekend. I never knew!!!

I'm not sure if you asked about any remedies for sleeping before, but just in case it wasn't you, I want to put my high recommendations in for this pregnancy pillow: Leachco Snoogle Contoured Pillow

https://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoo...s=leachco+back+'n+belly+contoured+body+pillow

I was having hip pain almost right off (I'm talking around 7 weeks?!?!) and it kept getting worse. I was not sleeping, I was waking all night (thinking it was just to pee), and I was in pain. I posted on facebook asking if anyone had a maternity pillow and would be willing to sell it. My friend (God bless her) had one, never used it, and donated it to me. Just testing it in my bed immediately opened up my pelvic area, took the pain out of my hips, and I was in heaven. This design (though a little less convenient to crawl in and out of, is multi-use. You can flip it over on itself and it becomes a armchair-type design for lounging in your bed. I love it.

The following paragraphs are really difficult to explain without pictures, so I hope they weren't too confusing. :dohh:
Tips: My friend thought the pillow was too thick for her neck. If that's the case, fill the gaps using other pillows, so you are essentially just creating elevation (like a whole new mattress for your top half), using your own pillow for your neck, and still getting the benefit of the pregnancy pillow support for your hips.

Also, as pregnancy progresses, I found that I could not lay as flat as the pillow would have it, so I put a medium thickness pillow under it while leaving a little bit for your shoulders to rest on, prop my shoulders up (so I'm not straining my neck with a million inches of pillow), and I'm now sleeping on a slight incline which is good for those of us suffering from pregnancy-induced heartburn.

I can't express how grateful I am for this pillow. Now I am only waking if my bladder is way too full (which went from 5-6 times/night to once or twice) or if my son decides to make noise.

I hope this helps. Also, walking at a brisk pace has seemed to prevent the hip pain from cropping up as much. When it comes on though, I just hop into my bed, and let the snoogle do its magic! :thumbup:

I hope this was helpful (I promise that I'm not a snoogle representative :haha:)

That pillow looks amazing! I don't know that it would fit in our bed. Lol we have a queen size bed and I already feel like I have a pillow fortress going on between me and my husband. I think I might invest in a body pillow and see if that helps. It's generally only the hip I'm sleeping on that hurts which leads to tossing and turning and both hips end up hurting.

I also think while I was sleeping, baby snuggled into my side and when I rolled onto my back there was a crazy bulge on the right side of my stomach. It was cute...and a little painful

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->