November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

With my daughter (different clinic) and now, I've had urine checked each visit. I'm not sure if there are other reasons, but one biggie is that pregnant women are very prone to UTIs/bladder infections, and the symptoms (or lack thereof) are NOT necessarily typical compared to when not pregnant.

Twinklie, they check my urine every appointment. I think they check for protein, and also for any possible infection.

Third tri today for me too! Yay! I'm celebrating by going to Chuy's (yummy mexican restaurant; Texas girls know what I'm talking about!) and getting me a virgin margarita. Yum!

Also, I just ate a kale & brussel sprout salad for lunch, and I forgot to take my Beano beforehand. I get gassy at almost any meal now - this one is bound to make me miserable this afternoon!

Twinklie, up until 24 weeks they had only checked my urine once at like my initial appointment. They only checked it at 24 weeks because of my BP issues, plus I was being kind of insistent about it. My doc said from here on out it will be checked regularly. Not sure if that means weekly or not... But again, that's because I'm a special case. Haha. I wouldn't worry if they aren't checking yours. If my BP was normal, I don't think they'd be bothering with mine.

Congrats on third tri , ladies! Yum... Mexican and margaritas! That may be my first meal out once these babies are here and healthy and my body is back to normal! Lol

I get mine checked every appointment. When I was going to my GP I just peed in a sterile cup. When I went to my OB last week I had to pee on a stick (almost like the Internet cheapie preggo tests). But had to make sure it was on the blue and green line. I can't even tell you how hard that is to try and aim when you can't see past your belly ! Lol.

Yep check urine at every appointment standard in uk to check for uti or signs if pre-eclampsia x

They check my urine at every appt. the last time they checked I found out I had a uti and strep b in my urine. I took antibiotics and will have to retest next week at my appt

My BP has always been normal at every appointment, if not slightly low. I'll ask at my next appointment if I should be having my urine tested. I have my GD test next appointment, in about 2 weeks.

I also have my urine checked at every appointment.

It is interesting that they check for Strep B Geralyn... I wonder if they do that here? Strep B can be serious and yet it is not routinely tested in the UK (or certainly not in my local NHS Trust).

I have a postive test with my last pregnancy but then a negative test in labour so I didn't need antibiotics... but at least this time round my mw has confirmed that she will test again at 36/38 weeks... so I can't complain.

GT results/blood results tomorrow :wacko:

I have my gestational diabetes test in an hour and a half..
im hungry too :( I have to drink it in 30 and be at the office for 915

I also have my urine checked at every appointment.

It is interesting that they check for Strep B Geralyn... I wonder if they do that here? Strep B can be serious and yet it is not routinely tested in the UK (or certainly not in my local NHS Trust).

I have a postive test with my last pregnancy but then a negative test in labour so I didn't need antibiotics... but at least this time round my mw has confirmed that she will test again at 36/38 weeks... so I can't complain.

GT results/blood results tomorrow :wacko:
I don't think they routinely test for it in the UK

I have my gestational diabetes test in an hour and a half..
im hungry too :( I have to drink it in 30 and be at the office for 915
Good luck!

I have an appt for a prenatal massage in a couple hours. Hopefully it helps my lower back

27 weeks for me today. So is this the start of third tri, or is it the end of the 27th week?

27 weeks for me today. So is this the start of third tri, or is it the end of the 27th week?

I've heard both 27 and 28 weeks. I'm going with 27 weeks only because I'm sooooo over the second tri. Ready to get this show on the road! :haha:

A massage sounds like Heaven Geralyn, enjoy.

Happy third tri Missyann, Mandaa, Geralyn, Mariemo, Jalanis and everyone else who's there. I'm 27 weeks 1 day and don't feel like I'm in third tri. This pregnancy has gone so fast but so slow at the same time. I am also ready to get things going and meet my little girl.

Enjoy the massage Geralyn... i Love my pre natal massages - heaven!

I'm going to consider 27 weeks third tri... just a few more days!

27 weeks as third tri sounds good to me. I am certainly feeling uncomfortable enough to qualify for third tri club.

27 Weeks today! Helloooooo third trimester. Apologies for the mess behind me :wacko: Celebrating it with possible bronchitis, but hopefully it's only a sinus infection!

Attachments

• 1920498_10152672708743828_5186380029284141280_n.jpg
    1920498_10152672708743828_5186380029284141280_n.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 5
Hi Ladies, May I join ? twin girls due 25.11 ;-). Can't wait to meet them but at the same time I hope they stay in as long as possible

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->