November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

So I woke up at 3am with this crazy sharp pain in my lower back, right side. It hurt so bad my eyes shot open. I tried to roll over and almost cried. And then it got worse, not better, so I had to wake my husband up to help me get out of bed. Pain was so bad I almost threw up. (Side note - husbands panic when you are pregnant and you wake them up in the middle of the night with "baby, help, I need help, wake up."

So he got me up (untangled me from my body pillow!) and I walked around for a bit, which helped the pain go away. It was in my low back and radiated down around my butt and into my front upper right thigh. We put a heat patch on it and the pain died down enough to let me go back to sleep.

But OH MY GOD that hurt. Can't figure out what it is or what caused it, but it was really not a pleasant thing to wake you up at 3am.

So I woke up at 3am with this crazy sharp pain in my lower back, right side. It hurt so bad my eyes shot open. I tried to roll over and almost cried. And then it got worse, not better, so I had to wake my husband up to help me get out of bed. Pain was so bad I almost threw up. (Side note - husbands panic when you are pregnant and you wake them up in the middle of the night with "baby, help, I need help, wake up."

So he got me up (untangled me from my body pillow!) and I walked around for a bit, which helped the pain go away. It was in my low back and radiated down around my butt and into my front upper right thigh. We put a heat patch on it and the pain died down enough to let me go back to sleep.

But OH MY GOD that hurt. Can't figure out what it is or what caused it, but it was really not a pleasant thing to wake you up at 3am.

It sounds like it could possibly be sciatica? Especially of you had pain in your butt and upper leg? It's the sciatic nerve (main nerve up and down lower body) and either baby or uterus are pressing on it wrong. I had intense pain like that in week 17 until baby repositioned itself and thank god, it's been fine since. I talked to my doctor about it at the time and was told it's very common but unfortunately nothing much can be done except physical therapy of the pain gets too out of control. Anyway, that would be my guess, but maybe check in with your midwife/doctor?

I have a dr's appt next Wednesday so I'll ask about it then - though hopefully it doesn't happen again! However I'm not convinced it is sciatica because that pain apparently goes down the back of your leg, not into the front. But either way, I think it was caused by baby/uterus as you mentioned, so the only thing I can really do is move around and try to get her to move off of whatever she's pushing on!

This past week i have been feeling really sore down there that i even waddle like a penguin of how sore i am there...and next tuesday i have my drs appt and my last sonogram cant wait to see my little boy....then the week after i will be gettin a 3d.

I just woke up to a nasty Charlie horse...that was not fun

The past two mornings I've woken up with the same thing. Not fun. Especially this morning when my other foot had fallen asleep and I really had to pee !

This past week i have been feeling really sore down there that i even waddle like a penguin of how sore i am there...and next tuesday i have my drs appt and my last sonogram cant wait to see my little boy....then the week after i will be gettin a 3d.

Been feeling the same. When I go to bed and wrap my legs around my body pillow it's a bit sore. I've got the waddle sometimes too. OH watched me walk in to the gas station Friday night and said my waddle was cute :/

I've been waddling a lot lately, and more in the afternoon when the bloating gets worse. Good news is that the baby doesn't randomly press on my bladder. Bad news is that my stomach is finally getting compressed to the point where it's hard to get enough calories in a day. I see protein shakes in my future.

I'm due in November...hope I can join the group!

Hi Laylagirl :hi: welcome! Congratulations on the blue bump :happydance:
Tell us a bit more about yourself?
Let me know your edd and I will add you to our front page xxx

Thank you for the welcome! Im due november 22! Not my first, its my fourth! I have THREE GIRLS!! Im thrilled its a boy this time around! I have two from a previous relationship and this will be mine and my husbands second child together! So excited! Thank you again!
3 girls and 1 boy will be lovely :hugs:

Eeeeek, that sounds scary :wacko: I'm glad dh was there to help you walk it off.
I hope it was just a one off cramp type thing :hugs:

MarieMo that sudden pain sounds so bad! Glad DH helped you out, after he got over the panic. Haha. :)

We had our 3d ultrasound this weekend. It was so much fun to see our little one. As soon as we started he was smiling and moving around. I caved and found out the gender but I'm so glad we did. Here is our sweet boy Graham Walker. That little smile just makes my heart melt!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 11
Hi ladies! I've been in lurk mode for weeks. Still kind of overwhelmed with everything I need to do both at work and at home, but able to catch a breather.

28 weeks today! Third tri, yay!! Had my 1 hour glucose test today...BARELY passed. By 1 point! I'm a thin, generally healthy person, and I've only gained 11 lbs so far, so I was surprised. But I was feeling really bad about it anyway. I've been much more lax about maintaining a healthy diet than I normally am or how I was when pg with DD. But then I looked up my results from my first pregnancy, and I only passed by 5 points then. :shrug: So I don't know. DD was only 6 lbs 2 oz at birth. I'm really hoping they don't make me retake the test, and I can just be more conscientious from here on. I know a lot of ladies fail the 1 hour anyway, it's just nicer to pass more comfortably, I guess.

Also, I have yet to hear from the doctor (just saw my labs online this afternoon), and I'm worried they're going to call me about anemia. Anyone have 28 week bloods drawn and then learn they're anemic? What happened next? Truthfully I don't know if it's "bad enough," but these values were actually a little worse than when I was pg with DD, so it has me worried.

Ive never been anemic but on my glucose results i passed the 1hr test but my iron was a little low so not sure how low.

Morning everyone!

Wow - I am just back from a weeks holiday and have so much to catch up on!

I had my GT test yeterday.. although mine was a two hour test and I get the results tomorrow. I also had my 28 week bloods done (a few days early) but will be interested to see how my iron levels are doing..

I also have a growth scan on Friday which I am looking forward to.. since my last scan was at 20 weeks.

Hope everyone is keeping well.... we must all be approaching or already be in the scary world of 3rd tri now!

I actually had a labour dream last night :wacko:

Is it me or are second time Mums more apprehensive because they know what it coming!?

We had our 3d ultrasound this weekend. It was so much fun to see our little one. As soon as we started he was smiling and moving around. I caved and found out the gender but I'm so glad we did. Here is our sweet boy Graham Walker. That little smile just makes my heart melt!

Awwww how cute is he?! See 3d scans are so bad for staying team yellow!!
Gorgeous :hi: hi little boy! Xxx

So our pinks and blues are equal again on 26 of each! I'm sure a lot of the 55 team yellows have found out the gender though....come back and update us!!

I'm away on holiday this afternoon for 10 days. All packed and excited :yipee: Ive got my drs fit to fly letters so I'm just hoping all is well on the plane and this baby is not born in Spain!! I may check in while I'm away but will do any updating when I get back. Keep looking after yourselves ladies...we are so nearly there!! Xxx

Morning everyone!

Wow - I am just back from a weeks holiday and have so much to catch up on!

I had my GT test yeterday.. although mine was a two hour test and I get the results tomorrow. I also had my 28 week bloods done (a few days early) but will be interested to see how my iron levels are doing..

I also have a growth scan on Friday which I am looking forward to.. since my last scan was at 20 weeks.

Hope everyone is keeping well.... we must all be approaching or already be in the scary world of 3rd tri now!

I actually had a labour dream last night :wacko:

Is it me or are second time Mums more apprehensive because they know what it coming!?

I'm a second time mum but when it comes to labour I'm a first timer as DS was breech and I never been in labour. I am excited to be 29 weeks one more week and I'll be at 30 weeks which for some reason seems like a milestone for me :)

Ugh I couldn't sleep at all last night. My lower back and hips are killing me and I was having terrible heartburn.
On the plus side, 30 weeks today! 10 weeks to go! That is both exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Hi ladies! I've been in lurk mode for weeks. Still kind of overwhelmed with everything I need to do both at work and at home, but able to catch a breather.

28 weeks today! Third tri, yay!! Had my 1 hour glucose test today...BARELY passed. By 1 point! I'm a thin, generally healthy person, and I've only gained 11 lbs so far, so I was surprised. But I was feeling really bad about it anyway. I've been much more lax about maintaining a healthy diet than I normally am or how I was when pg with DD. But then I looked up my results from my first pregnancy, and I only passed by 5 points then. :shrug: So I don't know. DD was only 6 lbs 2 oz at birth. I'm really hoping they don't make me retake the test, and I can just be more conscientious from here on. I know a lot of ladies fail the 1 hour anyway, it's just nicer to pass more comfortably, I guess.

Also, I have yet to hear from the doctor (just saw my labs online this afternoon), and I'm worried they're going to call me about anemia. Anyone have 28 week bloods drawn and then learn they're anemic? What happened next? Truthfully I don't know if it's "bad enough," but these values were actually a little worse than when I was pg with DD, so it has me worried.

I've been low on iron practically the whole pregnancy and was labelled anemic at 18 weeks. I've been on an iron supplement ever since, and that's about it. It really hasn't affected me much at all. I'm being told my iron levels are not dangerously low, just something to keep an eye on.

Today I have a doctor appointment AND I'm meeting with the Gestational Diabetes dietician. I think I'm also getting my glucometer for blood sugar readings. Joy. I'm nervous for some reason. I think I'm more nervous about what my BP readings will be at my appointment than meeting with the dietician/counselor since my BP was elevated 2 weeks ago. I've already made lots of diet changes on my own since I basically know what a diabetic diet consists of anyway due to working with so many diabetics over the years. I'm really, REALLY hoping I can manage my GD with diet alone and avoid insulin. Haha, just realized this post makes me sound all kinds of unhealthy! Honestly, I'm feeling great. Just these little issues that are starting to pop up for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->