November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Ive had BH randomly...a real labor contraction once and lots of pelvic pain it hurts to lift my knee to get in the suv..and now im about to start washing the baby clothes to be completely ready

I finally got the baby seat this past weekend. It's sitting in the box in the back of my car atm. Told OH we must put it in his car by this weekend.

My bag isn't packed at all. I need to get my list together, and see what I'm missing. I've been slowly getting things I know I need for it though. Just tonight I bought lanolin cream (so I can start using it now), and nursing pads.

Still need to get the pack 'n play. I told OH, worst case scenario, as long as we have the car seat we are good because I can always cosleep, but I'd rather get the pack 'n play soon and have it all ready.

I'm off on Wednesday and plan on getting most of the nb/0-3 clothing washed and ready.

As for nursing bras, I bought three about 3-4 weeks ago. They are fairly inexpensive from Walmart. I made sure they were loose but still comfortable now. I have a feeling that I won't fill out much more than I am now, as I haven't filled out in the breasts at all. (Did first time around though, and haven't lost that lol).

I also was having some lower back pain over the weekend. And hb has been very horrible. I'm tired all the time too. All day at work, I just wanted to go home and go back to bed.

My pains have been getting better, but BOY is bed rest excruciatingly dull. Never thought I'd miss school and work so much! I'm on strict bed rest until 36 weeks, then they'll let up a bit.
My sister came by after my shower on Saturday and helped me put everything away. I wanted to do it so badly, I didn't get to enjoy the itty bitty clothes as much as I wanted since I wasn't allowed to put them away myself. But that's ok! The room is 100% done; we even have the bassinet set up next to the bed with a baby doll slathered in baby lotion in it so the dogs get used to the smell :haha: I guess we (I) felt like it needed to get done ASAP since we don't know when she'll be here.
I attached some photos of her nursery...everything is handmade by someone in my family, or passed down from relatives, and it makes me smile every time I walk in there!

Attachments

• 20141005_184348.jpg
    20141005_184348.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 20141005_184401.jpg
    20141005_184401.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 19
Dissy, the nursery looks lovely

I'm glad to hear things are going better, and I don't envy your bedrest. I personally would hate to be on bedrest. It was bad enough with DS1 when I took off two weeks before his due date (because doctor told me I'd go anytime). Still ended up a week over, and so bored out of my mind. I can only imagine not being able to get up from bed.

I hope she stays put for a bit longer.

I'm glad to hear things are going better, and I don't envy your bedrest. I personally would hate to be on bedrest. It was bad enough with DS1 when I took off two weeks before his due date (because doctor told me I'd go anytime). Still ended up a week over, and so bored out of my mind. I can only imagine not being able to get up from bed.

Yeah it's no fun! I have a lot of projects I would like to do, but they all involve shopping for the materials, and I'm so picky it'll be hard to send anyone else to do it lol.

Yeah it's no fun! I have a lot of projects I would like to do, but they all involve shopping for the materials, and I'm so picky it'll be hard to send anyone else to do it lol.

I know what you mean. I'm the same way. I'm kind of OCD like that lol.

Oh yeah, forgot to say in my post above, we have decided on a name finally. Pickle, if he is indeed a boy (hopefully we will get another peek on Wednesday), will be named Eryc Alexander. :)

Ive had BH randomly...a real labor contraction once and lots of pelvic pain it hurts to lift my knee to get in the suv..and now im about to start washing the baby clothes to be completely ready

It's so hard for me to get into my SUV now!

Gorgeous nursery!!!

I never really have contractions prior to my waters breaking. No Braxton hicks before either... I usually require pitocin to get the contractions started. I don't dilate even after my water breeks.... But they always told me that once your water breaks, they can't let you leave...
I'm still very early still and have quite a ways to go.... Time seems to stand still...

I can imagine lol same pain since its the same suv...i literally sit sideways and slide myself in then i get my knees insids

I can imagine lol same pain since its the same suv...i literally sit sideways and slide myself in then i get my knees insids

Its the new ford explorer right? Im in trouble.... I have the same one.... So far so good, but seriously, i havent been going anywhere lately cuz i have such terrible hip pain in the back... So its very hard to walk. I feel like my back is going to snap back... I dont know if thats normal or not...

Lovely nursery pics Dissy!

Ours is almost done but I have to wait 30 days after painting before I can add the trasnfers that I have bought which is frustrating!

I have even done some washing and washed all of the newborn and 0-1 month clothes but that is only because I wanted to make the most of the last few days of UK sunshine last week!!

I haven't packed my hospital bag yet though... it's on my "to do" list!

I just want to finish work now.... I am still hoping to make it to the end of this month but will know more when I see the Consultant at 36 weeks.. time is really dragging for me now though :wacko:

A little suggestion for ladies feeling a bit fed up...go into the labour and birth section and read funny/embarrassing labour stories! They are hilarious and will make you laugh out loud!!!

37 weeks today! Full term! I still can't believe I'm going to have a baby here in 3 weeks. DH and I were saying last night it still doesn't seem real

I know what you mean. I'm the same way. I'm kind of OCD like that lol.

Oh yeah, forgot to say in my post above, we have decided on a name finally. Pickle, if he is indeed a boy (hopefully we will get another peek on Wednesday), will be named Eryc Alexander. :)

I love the spelling! Hope he gives you quite the flash on Wednesday :thumbup:

The nursery is beautiful Dissy! Wow, Kella is one lucky little girl. Macie will have a corner of my bedroom for now and then share a room with her sister when she gets older. I have to admit to dressing up a teddy bear with cloth diapers and Macie's cloths, lol. And I don't even have the excuse of getting my dog used to a baby. I was just bored and wanted to practice putting on the diaper. I asked my husband if he wanted to practice snapping the diaper and he started laughing and said no he thought he had snapping down since kindergarden. Then he said "hey honey, I bought these velcro shoes want to practice opening and closing them" I laughed so hard I cried, and peed myself a little :blush:. My husband is such an ass, lol.

Beautiful nursery! Hope to have mine done by next weekend. Congrats on full term Geralyn! Are you ready or are you nervous?

Wow! Can't believe we already have people in this group at full term! Congrats, Geralyn! It feels like just yesterday we were all peeing on sticks! Now here we are!!

Beautiful nursery, Dissy! Mine is pretty much done. Just need to add some decorations and finish organizing the closet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->