November Sparklers 2014....22 boys, 22 girls born! Please update us!

Beautiful nursery! Hope to have mine done by next weekend. Congrats on full term Geralyn! Are you ready or are you nervous?

I'm not ready! lol We still have to have our kitchen painted which is happening this week. I still have to hang some things in the nursery and we need to figure out how to put the car seat in the car. I'm also getting nervous for the birth since I'm trying for a natural birth. I hope I can handle it and not be in the middle of it and think "What was I thinking to attempt this?? :haha:"

Full moon tomorrow anyone heard of this bringing in labour (obviously in full term ladies?)
Time has gone so fast! Only a few weeks to go :)

It's all going by so fast, isn't it?

PGP/SPD is getting particularly bad for me this week. I took the twins grocery shopping on Sunday night, and I think pushing the big cart with the double seat on it really did a number on my pelvis. I had to cancel my NST appointment yesterday because I could hardly get out of bed! I worked from home and sat with the heating pad on for a few hours, and that helped quite a bit. I at least could roll over without excruciating pain last night.

I have also been getting these strange pains in my lower back on each side. It sounds a bit like sciatica, but it doesn't radiate down my legs...it just feels like a stabbing/burning pain in the back of my hip. Certain positions make it worse, and I don't think it's related to the PGP because it happens when I'm not moving. Luckily, changing position usually makes it go away, but that eliminates some of the very few sleeping positions I have left! It has been very challenging to find a sleeping position that doesn't hurt one thing or another lol.

Only 41 days until my c-section date! I can't believe I have less than 6 weeks to go! I wish the nesting instinct would kick in so I could get some things ready :haha:

Dissy, the nursery looks great! Mine is like 90% done, will post some photos when we get closer. Really make it feel more real.

I need to find some time to go through all the clothes I have. I think I have a ton of 3-6 month clothes, and tons of super cute things, but I might not have enough newborn sizes and just plain old sleepers and such to start with. Once I know what I have I can do some shopping to feel 100% ready!

I did practice a swaddle on a teddy bear after we took a newborn care class. OH also swaddled the cat, so I'd say she's pretty much got that down.

Biggest relief is that we've now got our daycare backup plan set so that if we don't get to the place we want right away (and it's looking like we'll have to wait a couple of months), there are plenty of openings at a larger center we we wait. That was he last thing I was worried about. Now I just have to decide if I'm going back to work full or 3/4 time, but that can wait.

Congrats on FT Geralyn! I can't believe we're hitting this point in the pregnancies. All of these babies will be here before we know it. I wonder who will go when!?

I'm also planning a natural birth Geralyn. I've got a thread going in either Home/Natural Birthing or Labor/Birth section (I can't remember) on how to prepare for a natural birth and have had some helpful responses if you're interested. I'd like to stay home as long as possible to have the highest level of success in avoiding intervention. I think my midwife group avoids interventions as much as possible anyways, but I think that will be beneficial. I'm also keeping the option of laboring/birthing in a whirlpool and tub available. I have to go get the supplies to bring to the center when I go into labor. Me and DH have talked a lot about how he can be a support during the birth, done some reading and watched videos (which he loves :rofl: NOT).

Anyone else having any pressure in their lower region? I haven't had it much like this at all that I remember in the pregnancy. I know he is head down and has been for a while, but I'm wondering if he's starting to press in there to get in position for the birth and that's what is causing the pressure on and off?

Anyone else having any pressure in their lower region? I haven't had it much like this at all that I remember in the pregnancy. I know he is head down and has been for a while, but I'm wondering if he's starting to press in there to get in position for the birth and that's what is causing the pressure on and off?

She's been head down for a while now too. I notice that when she moves around, I get a weird feeling down there, kind of like a pressure feeling, but also like I have to pee. Sunday while doing grocer shopping it felt like she was just going to drop right out of me. It was such a weird feeling to experience.

Congratulations on ft Geralyn...it's so scary isn't it?!
I'm still counting on a few more weeks for me, but baby does feel so low at times and I did give birth at full moon last time!
Gosh I'm just watching One Born Every Minute US and the couple are having quads!! Eeeek!

Ive had BH randomly...a real labor contraction once and lots of pelvic pain it hurts to lift my knee to get in the suv..and now im about to start washing the baby clothes to be completely ready

It's so hard for me to get into my SUV now!

I can imagine lol same pain since its the same suv...i literally sit sideways and slide myself in then i get my knees insids

Its the new ford explorer right? Im in trouble.... I have the same one.... So far so good, but seriously, i havent been going anywhere lately cuz i have such terrible hip pain in the back... So its very hard to walk. I feel like my back is going to snap back... I dont know if thats normal or not...

Yes lol same truck...but it s awesome when your not pregnant lol

Had my drs appt today and my cervix is still way up high and not dilated at all! But not surprised either because with my daughter i wasnt dilated at all when my waters broke...and 3 more weeks to meet my baby boy...im so ready i even registered at the hospital already.

I'm planning natural birth at a birthing center. It's a midwife group specializing in low intervention birth and an environment more like home. I've had all of my prenatal care through them, yoga and all birthing and newborn classes included. I've been telling people it's all the comforts of giving birth at home without having to clean up the mess.

I've definitely having extra pressure down low, particularly if I've been on my feet for a while. But at my prenatal today, the midwife said that he's still up high right now with his head down.

It won't be long now before we start seeing birth announcements. How exciting!!

I must be looking extra uncomfortable or something. I have been stopped several times by complete strangers and either told that I looked like I was 'ready to pop' or asked if baby was due any day now. :blush:

34 week appointment was today. Doctor gave me contact info for a chiropractor they send all their pregnant ladies to. Apparently he's good! So I gave him a call. Hope to get in soon because this pelvic pain is killing me.

Doc said everything looks good. Fundal height is 33cm, so a tad bit small - but my girl was born full term at 6lbs 10oz, so I'm pretty sure I just have smaller babies - she wasn't concerned, but it's in the back on my mind. She said my weight is perfect - I'm up close to 28 pounds now, which is okay...I'd like it to be a bit less, but if I gain 6 more pounds this pregnancy (one for every week!) I think I'll still be reasonable. So, bring on the cookies.

Speaking of - it was my birthday yesterday. My work got me cookies. My coworker took me out to lunch and ice cream. And then my mom made dinner and got cupcakes. And a friend got me a big cake too, that I haven't touched. I'm a little out on sugar at the moment...I feel like I need a big salad and some fruit!!!

It's been a few weeks now, but I'm officially an "outie" on my belly button. I have 6 more weeks to say "hello" to this random mole that hides deep inside my belly button cavity.

I'm miserable and tired about 80% of the time, and I have to keep reminding myself to ENJOY the rest of the pregnancy, because it's the last one I'm going to have. Ever. And I want to remember the good things about it, not regretting later that I spent my last few weeks ready for it to be done. So - from now on, I'm making a concerted effort to stop whining, and take a deep breath and focus on the awesome parts of being pregnant. We'll see how well I do :)

Saw the doc today for my c section date,and my bp is elevated and my feet are swollen with protein in my urine so he said he wont let me go past 38 weeks.So my official date is 23 October eeek! he said baby might have to come out before then though if bp keeps increasing.Ive had steroids today and they are monitoring me twice a week till i deliver.So technically im not a november sparkler anymore!
:dust:

Saw the doc today for my c section date,and my bp is elevated and my feet are swollen with protein in my urine so he said he wont let me go past 38 weeks.So my official date is 23 October eeek! he said baby might have to come out before then though if bp keeps increasing.Ive had steroids today and they are monitoring me twice a week till i deliver.So technically im not a november sparkler anymore!

Good luck! I'm hoping that your blood pressure goes down and that the baby bakes just a little bit longer!

Oh dear! Hope you are feeling ok... and getting excited!!!!

I must be looking extra uncomfortable or something. I have been stopped several times by complete strangers and either told that I looked like I was 'ready to pop' or asked if baby was due any day now. :blush:

Oh hey! We both live in Kansas! Small world considering so many women on this site are British :haha: Are you in or around the Wichita area?

34 week appointment was today. Doctor gave me contact info for a chiropractor they send all their pregnant ladies to. Apparently he's good! So I gave him a call. Hope to get in soon because this pelvic pain is killing me.

Doc said everything looks good. Fundal height is 33cm, so a tad bit small - but my girl was born full term at 6lbs 10oz, so I'm pretty sure I just have smaller babies - she wasn't concerned, but it's in the back on my mind. She said my weight is perfect - I'm up close to 28 pounds now, which is okay...I'd like it to be a bit less, but if I gain 6 more pounds this pregnancy (one for every week!) I think I'll still be reasonable. So, bring on the cookies.

Speaking of - it was my birthday yesterday. My work got me cookies. My coworker took me out to lunch and ice cream. And then my mom made dinner and got cupcakes. And a friend got me a big cake too, that I haven't touched. I'm a little out on sugar at the moment...I feel like I need a big salad and some fruit!!!

It's been a few weeks now, but I'm officially an "outie" on my belly button. I have 6 more weeks to say "hello" to this random mole that hides deep inside my belly button cavity.

I'm miserable and tired about 80% of the time, and I have to keep reminding myself to ENJOY the rest of the pregnancy, because it's the last one I'm going to have. Ever. And I want to remember the good things about it, not regretting later that I spent my last few weeks ready for it to be done. So - from now on, I'm making a concerted effort to stop whining, and take a deep breath and focus on the awesome parts of being pregnant. We'll see how well I do :)

Happy birthday Mariemo! Mine is in 10 days. I have had a serious sweet tooth lately and I am sure that will be indulged next week just like yours was! Then there is Halloween candy everywhere... I hope I can keep it to a pound a week from here on out! haha. My next appointment is tomorrow night after work for ~34 weeks. Interested to see how I measure, so far I've always been dead on with what I should be for weeks. Sometimes I feel like they don't even measure, they just look to see how many weeks I am and go ummm yeah measuring right on. haha

Oh hey! We both live in Kansas! Small world considering so many women on this site are British :haha: Are you in or around the Wichita area?

I live in Wichita. :)

I just got back from my 34 week appt and the doc wants to induce me at 38 weeks due to Macie being big already. She was estimated to weigh 4lbs 11 ounces at the end a week ago, is that too big for 33 weeks? I may have to have a csec if my cervix is not favorable, or if she is too big to fit through birth canal. I'm down a pound since last month, and not gaining weight these last few weeks, but I'm super bummed that my shower is Sat, my birthday is coming up the 27th and then Halloween and I can't eat candy or cake. Sucks, but it is what it is. Thank heaven this is my last one. So, 3 weeks and 6 days to go, maybe she'll be born on my birthday or Halloween, that would be cool. She is going to be a fiery fierce little Scorpio just like her mamma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->