Now no coffee? What!

I see this on Facebook this morning. After having a miscarriage in June I’ve decided to cut caffeine altogether it’s so worrying x

You can still have coffee/caffeine but it needs to be limited. I believe 1 cup a day is recommended limit. I wasn't a caffeine drinker with my 1st but I was/am with 2nd and 3rd. No issues with my 2nd and no abnormalities detected at my 20 week US with my 3rd.

If it makes you feel better you can avoid completely but just wanted to share that you can have coffee/caffiene while pregnant.

You can still have coffee/caffeine but it needs to be limited. I believe 1 cup a day is recommended limit. I wasn't a caffeine drinker with my 1st but I was/am with 2nd and 3rd. No issues with my 2nd and no abnormalities detected at my 20 week US with my 3rd.

If it makes you feel better you can avoid completely but just wanted to share that you can have coffee/caffiene while pregnant.

Yes, will probably stick to the odd cup here and there (I had recently warmed to mochas!)

I saw this and researched the study and the man who conducted it. He’s been writing anti-caffeine literature and published 2 books about the evils of caffeine in the 90s. So he was hardly an unbiased researcher. Furthermore, the studies were observational and the women had very high amounts of caffeine- and the study didn’t consider the other variables that often go hand-in-hand with high caffeine consumption, like smoking or an overall unhealthy lifestyle.

This guy has been claiming “no amount of caffeine is safe” for anybody for over 3 decades. And he’s allowed to think and say that! But consider the source very carefully, as it is a biased one.

I saw this and researched the study and the man who conducted it. He’s been writing anti-caffeine literature and published 2 books about the evils of caffeine in the 90s. So he was hardly an unbiased researcher. Furthermore, the studies were observational and the women had very high amounts of caffeine- and the study didn’t consider the other variables that often go hand-in-hand with high caffeine consumption, like smoking or an overall unhealthy lifestyle.

This guy has been claiming “no amount of caffeine is safe” for anybody for over 3 decades. And he’s allowed to think and say that! But consider the source very carefully, as it is a biased one.
Good to know and I figured as much, as it sounded extreme.

There was absolutely no new info in this “study”- it was just a bunch of rounded up information that most professionals have already seen. I’d trust your OB’s opinion- if they say it’s fine or should be avoided bc they know your history.

I'm still having it occasionally, not because I'm worried about having it more often but because it triggers my nausea at the moment :D

I'm still having it occasionally, not because I'm worried about having it more often but because it triggers my nausea at the moment :D

I have the same problem. I can drink a little and then the nausea kicks in and I have to stop drinking it. Some days I can drink a little more of it and others I cant even touch it.

I’ve had an iced coffee almost every day in every pregnancy. I limit it to one a day. I can say I didn’t drink it for a bit at the beginning of this pregnancy because it my me nauseous and gave me reflux.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->