Now what?

NuKe

mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
I had a second miscarriage last week. I have only just stopped bleeding today, and am going for another scan tomorrow to make sure everything has gone. :cry:

Anyway, my last MC was very very early, so really what we call a chemical pregnancy. I don't know what happens now? Can I get pregnant before my next period? When should I expect it- should I take the date of mc as if it was my period and go from there? Any help would be much appreciated ladies. :flower:

hi,:wave:
i'm so sorry for your loss.:cry:
It took about 4 weeks for my mc to complete and i got :witch: a week after that. I think so long as you emotionally feel ready and there is no medical reason why then you can try again before af arrives.I think the doctors like you to wait until 1st :witch: so they can date your pregnancy but they can do that with a scan anyway.
thinking of you for your scan tomorrow,i know i never really accepted my mc until the scan showed everything was gone. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks so much for ur reponse hun. I started bleeding last sunday, just smears, and by wednesday i was losing huge clots etc. My internal scan on wed showed the majority was gone but they just need to make sure tomoro yano? Ive lost some more tissue since then so id be suprised if ther was nething left. It still doesnt seem real... Like i was never pregnant?

I dont know if im ready yet... A big part of me is petrified this will happen again...

aw its awful isn't it?its one of the worst things i have ever been through and never want to go through it again.i am desperate to be pregnant again but so worried as i don't think i could cope if it happened again.but i want a baby so much it kind of overpowers the fear.
when i think about it it still doesn't seem real,its like i'm watching it happen to someone else if you know what i mean then it hits me.my mom tells me you were pregnant,there was a baby and you are still a mom to the baby you lost,no matter how early it happens.
I really hope when you go tomorrow everything is gone,i don't mean that to sound awful but for me it meant i got my body back and i could start to grieve properly.
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

that is exactly how i feel too. all of it. and i totally agree with the last bit as well, i didnt feel like i could start to heal mentally until my body had healed physically, iykwim? :flower:

I'm sorry for your loss hun. :hugs:

Thanks ladies. I went for my scan yesterday. I am still showing up as :bfp: but the internal scan showed nothing left, so the midwife sent me home with a test and I have to do it myself in ten days time and if it's still a :bfp: I've to go in for another scan and possibly a d&c (my worst nightmare) :cry:

I asked her about becoming pregnant again, and she said the same as hellypops said: there's no medical reason why I can't become pregnant again before my next AF, it's really just for dating they ask you to wait until you've had at least one AF. Haven't decided what to do yet. I guess I'll wait and see what the test says next friday before deciding anything.

Ahhh hun so sorry for your loss!

I just had a D&C last week so i'm hoping everything is gone!

I have a 2 year old daughter and before falling pg with her I had a chemical pregnancy, it all came away by itself and I fell pregnant 2 weeks later with my daughter, it can happen, I had no period inbetween just bled from the miscarriage and then 2 weeks later must of ovulated - I couldn't believe it just wanted you to know that if you are ready then it definately can happen x

Just thought i'd let you know I had a mc in october 2009. No AF or anything and I was pregnant again by Nov which ended in Jake :)

Hope you're beginning to feel a little bit better. xxxxxxxxx

still gettin :bfp:s :cry: i just want it to be over

:hugs: Sorry hun :(

If you're still positive you should go to the doc. There might be some residue and you might need it medically removing :( xxx

I phoned the pregnancy clinic wer i got my scans and they said to do another test in a week (this friday) and if its still :bfp: to call them and ill have to go in for tests. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->