NT Scan came back at 9.2mm for 13wk

I am so confused because they said that the baby for sure has Turners but they said the ratio is 1/275. I asked about the ratio but she said the panorama test is 99.9% accurate. Why would they give me a ratio if the baby defiantly has Turners? Does the ratio mean anything or is it just statistics?

I think the ratio is based on scan alone and the panorama is 99.9% but I don't know for sure. If you have questions ask your doctor :hugs:

I agree, I think the ratio is based on the scan, or the scan and different blood test.

The panorama test is much more actuate but I believe studies have shown it is not as accurate as it claims. I would have to look for the information again but I think it is more like 97%. while that number is still very high it should not be used to diagnose for sure without doing an amnio. Sometimes there are abnormal cells present in the placenta which were left from a mutation of cells or twin that did not survive. Although it is not common these can give a false positive.

I agree, I think the ratio is based on the scan, or the scan and different blood test.

The panorama test is much more actuate but I believe studies have shown it is not as accurate as it claims. I would have to look for the information again but I think it is more like 97%. while that number is still very high it should not be used to diagnose for sure without doing an amnio. Sometimes there are abnormal cells present in the placenta which were left from a mutation of cells or twin that did not survive. Although it is not common these can give a false positive.

So even though I got a ratio of 1/275 it doesn't matter since the Panorama test is almost 100% accurate?

Hi, as the others have said its probably a combination of the fluid level and the levels they measured in your blood that has come up with a figure of 1/275. That doesn't really mean a lot.

I presume you had a panorama test too? Looking on their website that test gives you an accuracy of 92.9% for turners syndrome.

The amnio will be able to tell you 100% yes or no.

I would encourage you to speak to your doctors, so they can explain things better, because you've got enough to deal with :hugs:

:hugs: I am thinking of you x

Did you have the panorama test or just the normal wk 12 bloods (free hcg, papp-a ect)? I was given a ratio of 1:20 for down's syndrome in my last pregnancy based on ultrasound and the wk 12 bloods. I then had an amnio which showed baby didn't have it. She was born with a cystic hygroma on her shoulder though (something they missed in all the scans) but had it injected 2x and now it's completely gone.

I have heard of a lot of people who have large NT measurements and have a good result. Really hoping for the best outcome for you and baby xxx

My last post was from the Panorama test results. She said it was 99.9% accurate but then there was a ratio with it....? I wont have the amnio until the beginning of December and it seems like forever away.

It would be best to get the doctor to explain it to you to be sure but I believe the ratio won't mean a lot. I also think that as wildflower said the Panorama test is not as accurate as 99.9% in your case. Something like 1:6 results turn out to be a false positive. An amnio is almost 100%. Have you been offered genetic counciling? They should take the time to explain what all the numbers mean. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->