NT scan results

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
So I had my NT scan and blood test on the 7th of February, and have yet to receive my letter, I know that no news is supposed to be good news but I would still like my letter with my exact risk on it. I see my midwife in a couple of days, should I wait and mention it to her or ring up the hospital and ask?

I am in the US, so it may be different here. But I had to proactively call to get my results for the blood (which was a week before scan) and the doctor that did the scan told me instantly what my results were. I would call and get the results since it has been a while since you went in for the appointment.

It's the same here in Denmark, they send you a letter which you get within 1 week if the risk is low and call the day after the scan if it's high. But since you didn't get the letter within 1 week and such a long time has passed, I'd call the hospital and tell them that you have yet to receive the letter.

I'd ring them up, that's quite a while to be waiting! I got a phone call the same day but that was because my blood results came back with discrepancies so that put me at high risk for downs. I had to choose what to do, so I opted for the harmony test, which my local hospital offer, which came back low risk, 1:10,000. Xx

I would ring. Like you say, no news is good news and I'm sure they would have contacted you if there was something to worry about but it's good to know! I got mine less than a week after my scan so you definitely should have heard by now.

You've just reminded me I haven't had mine either! Mine was done 6th Feb. I think I'm going to call, they told me 3-5 days via phone call if high risk or a letter through the post within 2 weeks. X

Eta: sorry it's the quad blood test I had at 14 weeks, but same sort of thing!

just called and they said they sent out a letter but it must have got lost or something, but anyway my results are down syndrome is 1/18939 and my risk of trisomy 13+18 is 1/100000 is that good or bad? I never know what they all mean XD

just called and they said they sent out a letter but it must have got lost or something, but anyway my results are down syndrome is 1/18939 and my risk of trisomy 13+18 is 1/100000 is that good or bad? I never know what they all mean XD

Brilliant results :)

Yep you are very low risk there! That's great!

Yep those are really great results! If we look at your trisomy risk, then you can think of it this way: if there are 100,000 women in a room who are exactly the same age as you and have the same results, one of them is carrying a child affected with trisomy, and the other 99,999 are carrying normal children

Those results are really low risk. My Down's syndrome was 1/5000 and the other the same as yours 1/100000. My midwife said both were really low. So yours is even more so! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->