NTNP and sex

samsugar7

1 Son + 5yr step daughter
Reaction score
OK so we are all just as desperate to make a baby as anyone else we are just a bit more laid back or dont have the time to chart and temp everyday. But how many of us dont do the job :sex: when we know it wont make a baby??

Im having :sex: when the mood takes me or him there but i have found myself more aware of when im ovulating and encouraging activity more around that time :blush:

From what i have read there are people who think that you shouldnt have sex unless you are ovulating (save his swimmers up kinda theory) or the more activity the more chance of catching theory. What are your thoughts???

:flower:

i bd from cd8 untill 3-4 days past ov then thats it until next cycle.

we bd when we feel like it, I am starting to O today or tomorrow so I don't know if we are going to bd I guess if the feeling hits us to. If not then it will be ok maybe next time.

samsugar7, we are with you both as we do the same thing and have found it so much more relaxing and a better quality :sex: too, and now we are just waiting this month , period hasnt shown today but that doesnt mean it wont just have to wait and see .
Good Luck hun x

samsugar7, we are with you both as we do the same thing and have found it so much more relaxing and a better quality :sex: too, and now we are just waiting this month , period hasnt shown today but that doesnt mean it wont just have to wait and see .
Good Luck hun x

Good luck to you too hun :dust:

I have read the less you dtd the better the quality of the sperm, also the more there is too, but to me the more you do it, the more chance you have of catching that egg lol....

We dtd around once a week.....

We DTD when LO decides to sleep in her own cot.

We :sex: when we feel like it, which is usually every other day.

Tho I'm sick at the moment so don't expect to get our BFP this month.

baby dust to you all :dust:

Hey,
Pretty shure i read somewhere that "saveing swimmers" isent a good rule to go by. as the younger the sperm are the healther and faster they swim. takeing only like 24 hrs to "re-stock" (the only time to w8 is if your trying to naturaly select a girl, as male sperm dont last as long)

As far as haveing sex only around the time your most fertile goes. i wouldent personaly want to. its the time together that makes the relationship strong. i wouldent want to lose the bond i have with my man.

well my son is still a baby i was proper ttc last year with cbfm and ov sticks etc this year were just having sex when we feel like it mostly every 3 days xx

It is much better to bd every 3-4 days at least to get out all the old ones (he can always do it himself, thought) as the younger ones are generally healthier. Now, dtd three times a day isn't good either. He needs a day or two to build back up, but longer isn't always better.

if you are going to have sex every 2, 3 or 4 days you might as well go back to ttc...
If you want to get pregnant it should be every other day until two days before ovulation and then every day covering the two days before ov day , ov day and two days after.
IF you are truly NTNP then do it as and when the mood takes you and you may find that it is every other day or every third day.
Good Luck and Enjoy the relaxing approach x

I dont think it has much of an effect tbh! We are just doing it when we feel like it, but again i do notice when i shoudl be ovving and want to do it, but if we really dont feel like it we wont do it like we would of tried to before just becos i new i might of been ovving.
just dtd whenever you both feel like it, we do quite often tbh so hopefuly it wont take us too long, but we are no longer doin it just becos of ovulation, it brought too much stress to our relationship, was no good at all!
good luck x

Oh and I bd about twice a day and it took me 4 months to catch. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back