NTNP, newbie

JenniLynne

Reaction score
Hi,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place!

My fiance and I decided to stop my depo provera, last shot was due 1/7. I've been off & on it now for 10 years (*really* long I know :( )We were expecting to not be able to conceive for 6 months+. Well, of course in going off it I have all manner of early pregnancy symptoms, which is typical for the withdrawal phase, but I think I've already O'd, and am looking to find out if it's possible for BBTs to mimic O after depo, or if this is actually O.

I started BBT on 1/8, figuring it would help me get a feel for when I would finally start O'ing after the depo wore off. My usual day-time temp has always been ~97.7, if that matters.

(D1) 96.8 (D2) 97.0 (D3) 96.9 (D4) 96.5 (D5) 96.8 (D6)98.3 (D7) 98.1 (D8) 98.9 (D9) 98.1 (D10) 98.2 (D11-TODAY) 98.1

I haven't been sick, I've been pretty fatigued but that's likely a side effect of the depo withdrawal, and on D6 my CM was yellowish and creamy where prior it had been clear & creamy. D7 marked the start of spotting, so I haven't tracked CM since.

Can this be part of the Depo withdrawal, or am I already back to ovulating and can start hoping to TTC soon?

Ha ha! This is a test for me - trying to interpret BBT without a chart to look at. And in Farenheit too! lol! I would guess that you ovulated on day 5 as your temps jump the following day and stay high. You usually compare to the previous 6 lower temps, but 5 is probably enough to suggest you have O'ed. If you were using it to try to avoid pregnancy i would say don't rely on it, cause i'm not sure, but since you're only testing it out at this stage i'd guess you O'ed on day 5. Also, your CM is described at clear and creamy in the days leading up to day 5, which could be fertile CM. Then it switches to more yellowy, which does sound like infertile CM.

It's possible your temps could be higher for another reason - fever/illness, inconsistency in how/when you temp or environmental factors like change in your heating etc.

They do say that it can take a long time to come off the depo so that you O again, but even so that doesn't mean that there aren't those who can O sooner than that. Perhaps you got lucky! :D

ETA: The spotting could just be ovulation spotting. I get that sometimes, but it is usually VERY light. Sometimes just pink tinged CM.

If you spot for a fair few days after O and through into AF coming then i wouldn't worry yet. It's probably just the last bits of the depo doing that to you, but keep an eye on it just in case. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->