NTNP, unsure and confused about what is best

P

PinkPecora

DH and I have a LO who is just over a year old.
We are also on the older side, 42 and 52 and we both dont know what to do!!
There are so many pros and cons to having another child at our age, but the positive is that our LO would have a sibling for when we are old, grey, perhaps no longer alive. Not the reason to have another,but it is something to take into consideration. I feel like our dc should have a companion for when we are no longer around, someone to share the ups and downs, marriages, births, etc...
I know I sound so negative, but that is the scary thing about having a child when you are older.
Hopefully I will live well into my 80's and be sane and alert, but one never knows.
Of course, there are so many amazing reasons to have another... The joy, the big family, the memories to make together. Yes, it is much harder than just having one, but doesnt it also get easier when your LO have a friend to always play with?
Sorry for the babbling!
We are just so confused and time is running out!!

if you two want another child don't let anybody stand in the way of it :)!
like everyone says, age is just a number :)
good luck :flow:

Go for it. I am so thankful to be an older parent. I am 39 and have a 2.5 year old and a 3.5 month old. DH and I are ntnp for number three (although I don't expect anything to happen while in am ebf'ing the baby. My theory is that you never regret the children you have, only the ones you don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->