NTNP - Young mums please reply!

lerp2

Reaction score
Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are going to not try but not prevent after my contraceptive injection ends (so we will start in october). In the meantime, I was wondering how young mums have coped with a baby and a job etc?

I'm 20 and my boyfriend is 22, I already have a part-time job as I am in my final year at uni and my boyfriends at uni but has a really well paying job, whenever he needs it. Money isn't really an issue but obviously I still worry about prices and coping.

Can anyone give me any tips or just tell me their experience :)

My OH and I tried at a young age. I was 19 and got pregnant a month after my 20th bday. I had a full time job, going to college full time, OH did not have a job and we still ttc (not a smart move, I'll admit) Anyways, He did end up getting work although not very stable! And then...I got laid off when I was 33 weeks pregnant :shock: So what I'm trying to say here is we ttc under the worst possible conditions that only got worse and it somehow worked out still. We were stressed at times but LO never went without and was always fed, clothed and loved. I would never advise someone to ttc under similar conditions but it sound like you guys are pretty stable so it would work out one or or another! :) If you breastfeed, cloth diaper and co sleep then that's a big chunk of money you will save. I went back to work when LO was 3 months old, it was actually an internship to finish college but it was full time on top of one college class. It was hard leaving but we coped with it. Luckily, that was my last semester of college. I think it would've been hard to continue college and work full time beyond that but it's definitely possible. Good luck :)

I just realized you're in your last year at UNI so that will definitely help! :)

I was a young mum I suppose, I had my son at 21 I think its a great age to start, good luck ttc xxx

Awesome! thanks for the tips in saving money!
I know its going to be stressful and the think I'm most worried about is going to be money issues but we are planning to save and as I am on the injection, we may not be able to conceive for a year or so, so hopefully enough money will be saved up!

I definitely wanted children early and can't wait!

You sound as though you both have it all sorted out just fine. I don't think there's ever a 'right' time, it'll happen & you just make it work :) Good luck!

I was a single mother at 17, I'm now in a stable relationship and we're trying for another. I managed, I had a lot of support from family and my LO never went without, even if I did. now I'm with someone, we both really want one of our own, Amelia-Rose will make a great big sister too! :) it's great that you've thought about everything, I made sure that's what I did before agreeing with OH to try for a second! We're due to move out soon and money is stable. Good luck :) x

I had my son at 21 and I had only been with my partner 4 months when we conceived he had no job and I was working part time luckily I got full time work and went back after 3 months and my oh managed to get good full time work too we are now married and have a little girl aswell whos nearly 3 and we are going to start ntnp I think its a great age as im 27 now and still feel like im young enough this will be our last baby but we have a lovely little family so good luck :)

I'm a "young" parent, I had DS at 22 and DSS is 5 (so people assume I had him at 18) and we do well. We're currently NTNP for baby #3. I work PT and OH works FT at his own business.

My grandmother always said that if you wait for the "right time" it'll never happen. Everything works out:)

My eldest was conceived when I was 18, OH was 21, me and OH had only just met!!!! I worked full time and he had just finished his 1st year of uni. It was really hard as I took care of Noah alone for the first 14 months whilst OH finished his degree 200 miles away!!! But we all coped and we conceived Theo 2 months after a loss, when I was 22 and OH was 25. Now we are 24 and 27 and on our 3rd ttc cycle after another loss. I love being a younger mummy and you never know whats around the corner, last year I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder which affects my joints and internal organs, if I had waited till my 30's I wouldn't have been able to have children at all!! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->