Numb & Tingly Fingers

GPapo1013

Mommy to 1 Angel <3
Reaction score
OK, sooo I've been dealing with my hands falling asleep for about a month now, while I'm sleeping at night. I also had an episode where I woke up with a HUGE cramp in my left wrist that left me in SO much pain for the day, I could barely move my hand around! Doctor told me that it's all from the extra fluid that my body is carrying now, and that I'm probably starting to get a little bit of pregnancy carpal tunnel! (yaaaaay! :dohh: ) Now, it's like I can barely get ANY sleep because my numb hands will wake me up in the middle of the night and I CAN'T seem to get them to wake up! I've been awake today for almost an hour, and the first 3 fingers in my right hand STILL haven't completely woken up yet! I'm still feeling some tingly sensations. I know it's normal, and all another GLORIOUS symptom of pregnancy. I was just wondering if ANYONE else is dealing or has dealt with this during their pregnancy, and any advice or things you've tried to help it? Thanks ladies!! :hugs:

I have had the same thing happen to me. I will go to sleep at night and then wake up with my hands/arms asleep. I end up waking my husband up because I am trying to wake my hand/arm up. lol and sometimes my feet or hands will get tingly if I'm relaxing or laying down. I get up and move around to get the blood pumping.

I have the same problem...both hands will fall asleep when I'm sleeping and when I driving my car :wacko:
It's all my fingers except half of my ring finger and all of my pinkie. So strange...

I get this too. Thought I'd been sleeping on them or something. Either my hands or the entire arm goes dead, I panic trying to wake them up lol. I also have pain in my wrists. Didn't know it was pregnancy related?! Like the restless legs isn't enough, and sore hips. Basically just no sleep lol x

Haha, yea it's "normal" my doc says! Haha, I swear, you could take the WEIRDEST, CRAZIEST symptoms imaginable, and they'd be "normal" during pregnancy. Someone suggested wrist supports to me, sooo maybe I'll have to go and get some. I already wear compression socks for the occasional swelling of my ankles, lets just add something else funky to the mix! My hubby is gunna have a field-day making fun of all of my pregnancy contraptions! Haha!

Yikes, I'm sorry you're having to deal with that!

My hands and wrists haven't gotten that bad, but I did notice them starting to feel usually sore and stiff several weeks ago. I looked up some information online and started wearing wrist braces (just generic ones I bought at the drug store) at night while I was sleeping* to take any pressure off my wrists and prevent weird angles. My hands and wrists are a little achy when I get up and take off the braces, but much better through the rest of the day now! I don't know how much it'll help with a more severe situation, but it might be worth a try.

*Some sources recommend also using them while typing etc. but from what I've read, wearing braces while you're using your hands can actually make the problem worse.

my hand also but its because I sleep on it :haha:

pokatobug, wow! You described the pain areas so exactly. That area corresponds to the area of supply of a nerve called median nerve which gets compressed in the carpal tunnel syndrome. Very few people pinpoint the pain areas so correctly

PS: :hugs: to all those who are suffering from it. Didn't post this comment meaning to be a know-all :)

I had this develop in my last pregnancy, probably from 30ish weeks onwards. I found a wrist support helped a little but I also had pulled my wrist a little so had extra pain from that too.

The pins and needles/numbness did go away the minute she was born though! Can't remember what else I did to help it, but look up carpal tunnel. It'll be where I started looking. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->