• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Nurse... Wake... Nurse... Roll... Wake... Nurse... Co sleep!

Savannah11

Love my boys xxx
Reaction score
That's how my nights go!
My 4 1/2 month old is ebf and nurses to pacify himself. I'm fine with this the only problem is he wakes up 4/5 times a night to nurse (not hungry as he suckles for comfort rather than drinks) now add into the mix he's a roller - he's constantly rolling and waking himself up and then wants nursing to go back to sleep and in the end to get some sleep I've been putting him in our bed (I don't want to do this as it took my older son 4 years to go in his own bed!!).
Any tips/help/advice to help him sleep better and try to wean off the comfort suckling? Xx

I posted in your post in the Breastfeeding forum but will respond here

My LO is the same way I just have been working on letting him associate patting with comfort (start by patting while nursing) and most times I can pat him to sleep in the night because he doesn't want to drink (he only really feeds once in the night)

Stalking, my lo will be 1 next month and is still the same and often wakes hourly every night! :coffee:

It may be that learning to roll was a developmental thing he was working on which lead to his frequent waking. Plus he's still learning to transition from light to deep sleep. Once he's got that, the rolling may not wake him so easily or he may roll less.

IM GOING THROUGH EXACT SAME THING!

Thankfully we bedshare which helps because I don't have to fully wake. Literally just pop breasts into his mouth but it's so tiring. He wasn't like this in the early days?

I have a 4 year old too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->