nursery ideas..

We aren't sure if we are going to find out the gender or not, but either way I think we are going to go grey and pastel colours. I'm particularly loving grey, white and yellow right now.

I think I want to do grey walls and bright pops of color like red and turqoise. Gender neutral. :)

If this baby is a boy, I'm leaning toward a Noah's Ark theme with lots of animals. The room that will be the nursery has a blue/gray color scheme which would be perfect for a boy as is. If it's a girl.... I'm not really sure. Maybe fairies?

Turtles and tortoises. If it's a girl I might go with brown for a background with pink and green dots

We have had a Dr Seuss themed nursery planned since we started TTC. LOL which book, not sure yet. I am considering making a mix of all of the books.

If I had twins, I was going to do a Thing 1 Thing 2 nursery.

Bookity, I had the Noah's Ark theme for my son when he was a baby. I loved it! My daughter's was Tweety. LOL

We have noahs ark for ds, it's done in gender neutral colours as we stayed team yellow.

https://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/katienwillbump/Mobile%20Uploads/20140315_171441_zpsa6c791cf.jpg
https://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/katienwillbump/Mobile%20Uploads/20140315_171253_zpsbb32a548.jpg
https://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/katienwillbump/Mobile%20Uploads/20140315_171619_zpsd0b5021a.jpg
https://i847.photobucket.com/albums/ab35/katienwillbump/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_317139246444652_resized_zpsc272a94c.jpg
Xx

We've only discussed boy nursery themes so far but we really like the idea of white walls, black cot and dresser, pandas and lots of jungle-y type pictures in black frames.

We're pretty basic people lol!

For a boy it will be a nautical theme thinking dark blue, red and white. For a girl silver, light pink and light purple with butterflies.

Panda & bamboo
Greys
Splash of teal if boy
Splash of darker fuschia for girl

Already have those 2 colors picked out :) Just need to come up w/ designs for the panda/bamboo stuff and figure out exactly where the splashes of color will be.

Baby will be in with us until he/she can move into a room with his/her sisters or brothers. Our room is in pastel pink and cream so think for a girl we would go with that colour scheme for her bedding and purchase some wall stickers for the side where her crib/cot will be. If a boy it will be cream bedding or maybe pastel blues. x

That room is so cute, Raspberry!

Our nursery will be the bedroom that's currently in (rare) use as a dining room. We only moved in 3 years ago, and had in mind that it would one day be a nursery, so we're kind of halfway there. We put in a white chair rail, and it's a bright green above (Behr Carolina Parakeet). Below the chair rail is a frantic emergency brighter green that we ended up with because wainscoting wasn't fitting on our old plaster walls, and we made a mistake in our paint order and were hosting Easter the next day, so we had to just go with it. So we'll have to paint the bottom half of the room. We're thinking maybe teal. I want white furniture, and no particular theme to the art. We've been collecting colorful things that have caught our eye for awhile now. I have some little Ikea animal prints, a Chicago flag/skyline print, a frame with a few wedding photos, and we've purchased a few more cute little paintings that haven't been hung yet. We're planning to keep it gender neutral even though we're finding out, since we'll probably use the same room for future babies.

I already have a toddler, and almost zero patience for decorating, so I'm quite sure our nursery will be "hastily set up pack and play in the corner" with hand-me-down bedding. Regardless of gender... baby boys don't care if they have Minnie Mouse sheets. ;)

We will probably be moving before baby is ready to move rooms if not before it's here, so no decorating for me yet. We will either do a new theme so they can share a room or re use the nursery things for baby and do ds a new room xx

We went for a neutral theme with the 'bunny and ted' range from Next with magnolia walls and a beige carpet (not as dark as it looks in the photo). We put wall stickers on the wall, sounds very plain I know but I do like it

https://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w547/michelleslaymaker/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsfea5c72a.jpg

Definitely having an animal theme with giant wall stickers, If a boy going to be a jungle theme with lions monkeys and snakes etc and if a girl a meadow theme with rabbits squirrels birds and trees etc.
Found some great Wall stickers on the Internet. I'm a veterinary nurse so slightly obsessed with animals and hoping I can pass that on to my children.
Love the noahs ark theme though thats great

Cute ideas!

For a girl we are doing a light purple and grey room with white furniture.. No particular theme

For a boy were doing a green with a duck hunting theme! Dhs idea.. But it'll be cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->