nursery questions

sophxx

Reaction score
I'M opening a new nursery in spring its a forest school one so all based out doors undet yurts with allotments ect

what i'm wondering is how much or hoe many weeks did you pay in advance? Did you pay avregistraion fee? If so how much?
Also whats importantbt to you when looking at a nursery
:flower:

No registration fee. Invoiced termly in advance, but can pay month by month if preferred.

We paid a months deposit plus first months fees, then monthly invoices. We also paid £5 to register with the nursery parents association.

I've never paid a deposit or registration fee for the two nurseries we used (or childminder) I think it's usually paying a month in advance. I think with this nursery DS joined mid month so I had to pay 6 weeks in advance. The we pay at the beginning of every month for the month ahead. My first nursery used to make you pay on a month by month basis so if it was a 5 week month it was more expensive than the previous month and by cheque, but what I like about our current nursery is that they work out how many weeks are in the year, deduct the Christmas week and just divide it equally by 12 so it's the same amount every month by DD, I much prefer this.

I never had to pay a deposit and i can pay my bills how i want - sometimes i pay weekly and sometimes i pay off my invoice all in one go at the start of the month (my OH gets paid weekly so sometimes i find it easier to budget for nursery out of that)

I get an invoice on the 25th of the month for the next month and then if any adjustments get made (i.e if the nursery is shut) it will come off the next months invoice.

I have to pay if LO is off sick and i pay half price if i take her off for holiday.

Good luck in your new venture - it sounds fab.

Lucas went to a forest school but it was only a five week thing (I think they ended up doing 8 weeks because it was near half-term). I paid the whole thing in advance.
Nurseries in general I've applied to in the past don't have any registration fee but they expected the money in advance each month.

I paid a £50 registration fee which came off my first months bill. Invoices a month in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->