O/T any advice pls - Bankruptcy Payment Orders

Mosnippy

Up the duff with #1 :)
Reaction score
To say I am mad is a understatement and :cry: i am that mad makes it worse.

2009 I had to file for bankruptcy due to my ex husband and our divorce. I stupidly co signed asecured loan to consolidate his debt etc - the house was not in my name.. anyway.. we had joint accounts etc etc... our marriage broke down, he wasnt working, everything fell to me to pay and i just couldnt do it..so i had no choice ...I been paying a income payment order since which was 288 a month which was fine..

but since now becoming pregnant I advise them and asked what happens now as I need baby stuff and need to start saving for when I am on maternity leave. I am the breadwinner and my salary covers the bills. Rent etc.
I had to redo my expenses and income etc. I redid that , and they came back saying
we are please to tell your your payments can drop to 205 a month..I was like how does £83 quid help me when my rent is £575 alone! I worte to them saying I have to save at least £480 from now to cover when my salary drops, can I only pay £100 amonth if you not willing to drop the payments all together.
My IPO finishes March 2013.

I got a letter today to say no, paymetns will stay at 205 per month, but they can closer to the time give me a payment break if I need to buy baby items!

Can they do that? I mean, really maternity allowance is £128 a week how they expect me to pay the 205 and my rent and everything with that??

anyone had any experiance with this? or any advice?

just a sideline. My OH, salary is less then half of mine, so his contribution is very minamal to the house expenses etc, he has kids with his ex wife, which he pays to etc. and also trying to clear his debt from his marriage as well.

sorry so long..i am just fed up with this nonsense! :cry:

get on the phone to CAB. they will be able to help you :flower: it's not like you're refusing to pay.

thanks, that is what I thougth to.. will diff give them a call!

i got slapped with a attachment of earnings order a few months ago, and i declared although i got £300 a week but it was going to drop from december due to me going on maternity leave and SMP.
the court rejected the AOE order, saying they couldn't do it as i was on SMP l and the court accepted a £10 a month payment (which i originally offered!) and reffered back to the original debtor. they take £10 a month.
who are you talking to? a company or the court? because i thought if it applied to me it would apply to you! go to CAB asap, as it doesn't sound right to me.

I am dealing with the Solicitors handling my bankruptcy,as appointed by the Official receiver. Who convey the info back and forth from the officail receiver.

I really am so fed up with this nonsense. Yip a call is diffeniately in order to the CAB... i thought they cant make me pay when i go onto maternity leave and start on SMP.. I think that is down right wrong of them to think i can do that.

thank you for your response! very grateful

they don't seem to understand that some people's circumstances change. that's what irritates me!

I used to work in insolvency although I never dealt with bankruptcy's so my knowledge in this area is limited. However, I think maybe the problem is that your income hasn't changed yet and I don't think they will allow for savings as an expense iykwim? What they class as 'reasonable living expenses' is to the descretion of the Trustee but the Trustee will have to report any change to the creditors together with an income and expenditure.

Once you finish work and go onto maternity allowance they should assess again if you request them to. If you're not going back to work then they will possibly stop payments altogether, but if you're going back to work they will probably just suspend payments until you go back. Ultimately its down to the Trustee but I think thats how it would work.

Have you had a meeting with your Trustee to discuss it further?

Here's a link to the Insolvency Service website which has some more info.

https://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/personal-insolvency/income-payments-orders-and-agreements

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->