O/T Anyone with cats or dogs, help please!!

You can buy a supplement for their food that you add which also helps to repels fleas but you really need to get them clear with something like frontline etc first. If you shop about on the internet you will find its loads cheaper than buying from the vets. Thats what i do due to having 4 dogs and a cat.

Nonpoisonous flea killer/repellant: https://www.cedarcidestore.com/cedarproducts.html

You can spray on on pets, furniture, etc. and it won't hurt anyone or anything.

Advantage works great but it is a poison so if you are preggers have DH administer it or use gloves, and then don't touch your animals for a good 12 hours (if you can help it).

Flea foggers are great, too, to get rid of household fleas. Whenever we have to use one, we just pack up the kitties and go somewhere for about 3 hours then come home. Just make sure food products are safely put away in a cupboard or fridge before you use it.

Sorry i havent read through all the posts so i apologise if iam just repeating what others have said. Iam a veterinary nurse so get this question asked alot.

The frontline should be affective if you are using it correctly, i recomend the frontline combo (you can only get this from the vets and its rather than just normal frontline) as this will help prevent any further infestation in your home.

You should treat your home with a good flea spray such as indorex which can also only be bought from your vets. It sounds like even though you are treating your pets you probably have alot of eggs built up in your home so will still see fleas on them as they will hatch out and jump on to your dog and cat so you will be seeing them before they die (if you use frontline combo it prevents the eggs from being able to hatch out also, hence stopping a build up of eggs in your home)

When using the flea spray have a good vacuum and keep all the windows closed to help keep the house as warm as possible as the heat and vibrations from the vacuum will encourage the horrible little things to hatch out ready for the spray. If you do this properly and keep up with the monthly frontline combo you should only have to spray your home once a year.

Hope that helps x

LOL I hate vacuuming . . .

Just be sure to throw away the vacuum bags out frequently to avoid fleas hatching in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->