O/T I'm so upset at my work colleagues!!!

Veck

Reaction score
So we were talking today at work about how painful is (or not) to give birth. And three (male) colleagues were basically saying that it's not that painful and that it depends on each woman.

One of them was saying how his wife that had twins didn't feel the contractions at all and when she arrived to the hospital she was 4cm dilated and then she took the epidural and she didn't feel a thing. I think this is perfeclty possible as some lucky women don't feel the contractions (although I think this is a minority) so I said to him good for your wife, she was lucky.

But then we started talking about giving birth without epidural and they were basically saying that it doesn't have to be painful, that it depends on each woman. I said, well, I think it's painful for most women. But they wouldn't agree. Last thing I heard before I left was that episiotomies didn't hurt either (without epidural). I don't know if this is true but how do they know? how can thy say this so lightly? arrrgh.. they made me so mad, it was like if giving birth was not that big of a deal, excuse meeeee???!!!

I don't know girls, am i right to be mad or is just my hormones?

Men. Never expect them to understand childbirth. My DH says he doesn't remember me being in pain. I'm wondering who's birth he was at coz I was in pain. U won't feel cutting or tearing as the area is stretched so much it's completely numb.

I dont really see how they can comment on what pain woman must feel during birth as they have no way of knowing what pain is felt. I little like we can't know how it feels to be kicked in the knackers!

Bloody typical men. Me and OH were having a conversation the other day about how I cant actually remember the pain and he told me I was pretty bad. I never had an epiosotomy but I did tear however I didnt feel it. OH said I screamed pretty loud when I did it though. And after labour believe me I knew I had some stitches down there.

And I would bet large amounts of money that labour is painful for all women, some may handle the pain better (me-Im a wimp) but still its gonna hurt.

Just ignore them, they will never know about labour and the pain. And I think most men think they could do a better job, my OH included. PAH I say!!

xx

I suggest kickin them in the nuts with steel toe capped boots on then tell them "its not that sore"

Episotomys arent painfull at the time as they either numb the area or they do it when ur having a contraction - I had one qith my 1st and they cut me whilst having a contraction - I didnt feel a thing but they did numb me in the beginning to break my waters

I really dont think the MW knew what they were doin at the time - my epidural didnt work as they hit a nerve and I now have chronic back pain

Anyway ignore them - men have no idea whatsoever and if it was left to them to give birth we would nearly be extinct by now!!!

I would still kick them in the nuts tho - just for funzies :D

you should have said some guys dont feel pain when theyre kicked in the balls, make a point out of it, cause thats just as b*llshit as saying that MOST women DONT feel pain, yeah,ok, sure.

I don't think it's hormones... I think this would get me worked up regardless of whether I was pregnant or not (I had a guy in college once basically tell me that period cramps were nothing and that women shouldn't complain so much--this was after I spent years on medication because the cramps were so painful that I spent a week in a fetal position and vomiting every month!) I was like, seriously?! Who the hell do you think you are?

Same for birth. I've never experienced it, but even the most uninformed person in the world can probably tell you that it's "supposed" to hurt. Sure, there is probably a small majority of women who have practically no pain. And you know what? I'm jealous... but for the rest of us it may not be that simple.

Next time just reply that men who get kicked in the balls shouldn't complain so much--cause really, it doesn't hurt THAT much. Men who complain are just being babies!

my dh was at work the other day and one of his work mates brought up this topic about childbirth not being painful. my dh said to him "i am not going to talk about this, as how can any man say childbirth is or is not painful as we will never go through it. watching your wife go through it is bad enough and i am sure she would say "IT CAN BE PAINFUL".

some men

hahahah, your comments made laugh girls, I'm actually gonna tell them about being kicked in the balls, hahaha, 'it's not painful for all men, it depends"
:rofl:

Of course it hurts, they know that too but probably can't resist the usual playground antics of "well, my wife is better at giving birth then yours!" Some men never grow up it seems, we can sure as hell assume they wouldn't want that baby coming out of them, it would hurt them too much! :)

if you suggested one of them getting on the desk dropping his keks then giving him a good kick in the nuts just for good measure and then produce a scalpel and say im just going to cut your perineum how many takers would you have????

What a bunch of pricks !! I'm quite surprised aswell that they had the balls to say all this to a hormonal pregnant woman !!! This has really wound me up i hate men that are like this i would LOVE them to go through the pain. There's a video on youtube of them simulating labour pains on a man maybe you should show them that video and then ask for there opinions coz the guy gives up half way through !!

xxx

They're just stupid, they have no way of knowing how painful childbirth is! I would just treat them with the contempt they deserve :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AdFdmE9A84

Thats the video i think

xxx

What a good video, I've never seen that before.

Guys are clueless as to what we really go through, it makes me mad to when I hear comments like that too.

If one of them had to pass a really tiny kidney stone...I bet they'd buckle over in pain and want rushed to the hospital!!

being kicked in the balls, 'it's not painful for all men, it depends"

ROFLMAO Going to tell FOB that one when he gets home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->