O/T should prisoners be able to have sex whilst doing a sentance

leahsbabybump

Mummy to 3
Reaction score
Its on this morning now i know its totally O/T but just wondered what you ladies think
For those not watching they are debating on the telly weather a prisoner should be allowed thir partner or wife to come into prison so that they can have sex with them so would be like a sex visit lol
Sorry if i offend but I think this is sooooo wrong they are in their to serve punishment they allready get so many niceties while their in their soon there will be no point locking them up at all why is the system letting prisoners lead a normal life they are supposed to be being punished i mean my sister her BF is in jail and he has his own shower in his cell he has his own fone in his cell he has a playstation 3 and tv i mean come on i cant even get my kids a playstation cos we cant afford it grrr this is making me mad also if they are allowed to have sex you can bet your life some of the girls will be smuggling things into prison inside there vagina

Just wondered what you all think now i have had my mini rant lol

they are not going to give all the women an internal exam are they :shrug: and they are not going to watch surely :nope: so it must be so easy to smuggle things in up there :haha:

also would it cause a stir about same sex couples would they be excluded?

think its a bit much now- like you said they get more nice things than we do :growlmad: xxx

No way!
If you can't live within the law- you should expect for 'privileges' to be taken away. I really don't think they should have any luxuries- of which tv, personal showers etc are. They should have basics.

Hell no! Its called prison for a reason, it's about time people stopped trying to barter for more and accept the consequences of their actions.

I think the cost of organising it all is not fair as prisons take up so much money allready! I suppose it isnt just the inmates pleasure it is their partner too... but i could see that if it was allowed there would be people trying to buy sex from outside a prisson.

on a side note my OH's dad was in prison for a short while and they had their won mini golf course:wacko:

NO WAY!! Prison is for punishment!

When I was on holiday last month we visited an old fashioned prison and saw just how hard it was, made to do hard labour, treadmills for hours on end as a punishment, food was rank basically water and dripping, tiny dark damp cells.... And these people were locked up for things like stealing a chicken because they wre starving!

I really think prison should be like this now, I think crime rates would be less.

I get peed off hearing about its human rights etc! They lost their rights as far as I'm concerned when they did the crime!

Ugh smuggling things inside thier vagina just the thought is enough to make me cross my legs :haha:

I agree although some may say its punishing the partner as well and they should be rehabilitated I dont think its necessary. Prison is barely a deterrant as it is add booty calls to the mix and they have all the comforts of home for none of the cost.

i think its a disgrace. i mean seriously where do they draw the line. i do not agree with it at all. if yr stupid or bad enough to be sent to prison then u should do the time. and that in my eyes should be no privilages. even gordon ramsey said they are being mollycoddled in there. they have tvs, games consoles, choice of meals, some bloody hard working families have to struggle for those things.

and where do they say no to a certain criminal?? a rapist perhaps? are they allowed to have their partner pop in for a qiuckie??

it infuriates me, punishment should be punishment.

i dont agree they should have any luxeries, they are in prison to be punished. the question is is sex a basic need? maybe there would be fewer instances of rape in prison if they were allowed to have an ummm, outlet?!

So their partner should be punished too? Do you really think its wise to lock a bunch of people up together and not allow them a healthy outlet for their sexual drives? Why do you think rape is such an issue in prisons?! Prisoners are still humans and still have rights.

I think conjugal visits should be a privilege earned by good behaviour, but not an automatic right.

But seriously..... It's not punishing their partners.... It's the criminals who have made the choice to break the law and go to prison so it's their fault there's not gonna be any sex.
In that case what about men and women who are posted abroad... Should their partners be flown over for sex? My OH works abroad- should the company pay for me to go with him so he gets his basic needs met? No!
I think one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard!

But seriously..... It's not punishing their partners.... It's the criminals who have made the choice to break the law and go to prison so it's their fault there's not gonna be any sex.
In that case what about men and women who are posted abroad... Should their partners be flown over for sex? My OH works abroad- should the company pay for me to go with him so he gets his basic needs met? No!
I think one of the most ridiculous things I ever heard!

Agreed. MY Dh often works abroad and I can imagine his company's response if we said that they needed to include flights for me so we could have sex. Yes they have basic human rights but they don't include sex with partners.

Why would they pay for transportation of the partner? Thats a silly argument.

ok so- If not transportation- do you think the army would allow wives and girlfriends to visit soldiers on tour? ERM nope! And do you think soldiers and their spouses would expect it.... Nope! so why should criminals have more of their 'needs' met? Honestly- you choose to break the law- you pay the price- and if that means having to go without- tough.
Eating, drinking and sleeping- they're basic needs- as long as those are met then all the rest can wait till they get out.

im with nosocks on this one not sure about prison else were in the world but prison in uk is like a holiday my sisters boyfriend is in prison and he has even said its like butlins behind bars the way the prison service is run in the uk is a mockery and the us the tax payer has to foot the billf or it all so we are the ones who are helping pay for their tv their playstation bloodyhell we dont even have a playstation cos we cant afford it i cant afford to let my kids choose what meal they want they have to have what we are eating.
Prisons need to go back to how they were in the old days they need to punish people then they would be less likely to reoffend :nope:

Harsher punishments do not make people less likely to reoffend.

I don't know too much about the UK system, is getting a playstation something they earn by good behaviour or working so is it just something everyone gets?

People would consider prisons here to be a holiday camp (particularly the open prisons which the log cabins for when family comes to visit etc) but we have one of the lowest recidivism rates in the world so its working. Prison should be for keeping dangerous people off the streets and for rehabilitating those that can be rehabilitated. The loss of freedom is the punishment, not anything else.

I agree 'it's the loss of freedom' which is the punishment. And so if being in in prison means not being able to do things everyone else can do- so be it. Most people made a choice that led to them being there and everyone is fully aware of what prison means.
I'm all for people earning small luxuries- maybe books, makeup- stuff that doesn't cost the prison service extra- which organising visits for 'sex' would.

On the contrary I would imagine organising visits for sex would save prisons money. A lot of sexually frustrated men locked up together is naturally going to result in more violence, which requires more intervention from guards, so more guards needed, weapons etc. Here, at least in the prison I know most about, the guards don't even carry guns, no need to as there is little violence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->