Oasis and her palmtrees!

Well as much as I would love to say I won't until weekend after this one as that's around about when af should show. But my cheapy tests are arriving possibly Tuesday so more than likely around then if symptoms keep popping up like they are now.

WEEEE excited for testing to commence!!

3 kids is crazy busy..I had 3 under 5 so not too bad. Now TTC our 4th which is even more nuts.

I say you are at a point now after the 3 under 5 that you have become the multistasking expert and it will be a dream!

How is 3 under 5 btw? Since Im facing that! x

Lol I wonder how I'll cope Brooklyn is so naughty at the mo! Hope he's more settled in 7 months. Sarah no nickname as yet:) no sickness for2 days now that does panic me! Xxxx

We have this at home too lol. Alex is going through an everything is mine phase now that lukas is totally mobile!

Nah it will be back just you wait lol! xx

Mine came and went Becks . Thinking I was in the clear then it came back . Body adjust to hormones then the rise and its back . Don't worry .
Ciz I have to wait as i WAS trying , then diagnosed with overactive thyroid in December, confirmed Graves' disease in February , on meds that are not allowed in ttc and need my thyroid levels back to norm before I can ttc as it effects fertility and increases rates on mc , still birth etc . So fun times :( not .... My levels are heading in the right direction thank god but my age is not !!!!!! Once my leves are good I will swop to a different med and hope ill get the green light ! Hoping at my next appointment in May :)

Sending positive vibes for May!! Im so excited for your appointment and that green light! x

Just got my next scan app:) 12th May 8.45 am! I'm so pleased that three years on from this stage with Brooklyn they now offer the Harmony Test if you are higher than 1:2,500 chance of Downs etc, this wasn't offered when I was pregnant with Brooklyn, my odds were 1:1370 and I still worried, at least this way as I'm sure my odds will be worse with my higher age I will be offered the Harmony Test before any invasive procedures like amnio or CVS, I had an amnio with my now 14 year old daughter, the triple blood test back then was terribly unreliable and I came back v high risk it was terrible, I had to travel to London for it and had to wait an agonising 4 days for results, thankfully she was fine. As the amino carries a 1% risk of mc I was lucky. Can't believe its just over 3 weeks! Xxx

Oh hun...that sounds like such an odeal!! What is the harmony test?

My friend went through something similar. She was told they thought that the baby had chromosonial issues, and had to have the battery of tests. Was all ok in the end but still its not good when they use unreliable testing methods!!

x

Just got my next scan app:) 12th May 8.45 am! I'm so pleased that three years on from this stage with Brooklyn they now offer the Harmony Test if you are higher than 1:2,500 chance of Downs etc, this wasn't offered when I was pregnant with Brooklyn, my odds were 1:1370 and I still worried, at least this way as I'm sure my odds will be worse with my higher age I will be offered the Harmony Test before any invasive procedures like amnio or CVS, I had an amnio with my now 14 year old daughter, the triple blood test back then was terribly unreliable and I came back v high risk it was terrible, I had to travel to London for it and had to wait an agonising 4 days for results, thankfully she was fine. As the amino carries a 1% risk of mc I was lucky. Can't believe its just over 3 weeks! Xxx

That's awesome oasis. I skipped the quad screen as I am a paranoid nervous nelly, doctor said it gives a lot of bad results that make worry high . And I ultimatly opted to skip the DNA (maternity 21 offered to me) as all seemed ok on the level two Ultrasound. I hope I didn't make the wrong choice. Oh well. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Thanks ladies, Sarah Brooklyn really does rule the roost! I'm hoping by the time he's two things will be easier, she says lol. The harmony test is a blood test that was only available privately when I had Brooklyn, it detects 99% of Downs and I think 98% of the other syndromes so if you are high risk from the scan you're now offered this before cvs or amino. At my age I don't expect fantastic odds but then mine with Brooklyn were good considering. I'm just getting worried a bit as now my boobs are only a tiny bit sore when til yest they've been killing everyday so along with thenausea disappearing im worrying a bit so is dh, Lord I hate this bit! Xxx
Heather im sure you've made the right choice, you have to do what's best for you:)its just at 43 and a half I'm more at risk so they say so I will def have the harmony test if my results are less than 1:2,500 which im sure they will, as I said two years ago my odds were 1:1,370 so bound to be worse now xxx

I think I may remove Google from my tablet, all the googling I've done keeps coming up missed mc:( the midwife rang coincidentally and my app is tues at 4pm of course she told me its just fluctuating hormones, I WISH I could stop worrying about a missed mc:( xxx

Its completely normal and extremely common for symptoms to ease around the 9wk mark. At this point the placenta is starting to form and fuse connections with the body to take over fully which it does around 12 to 13wks (that what they told me atleast!). Once the placenta starts to take over the cyst that is currently handling your hormones, thus symptoms, reduces function thus a relief of symptoms can come about. This is why they say morning sickness generally is limited to the first reimester and for many just those first weeks after bfp.
Everything is fine in there. Once a heartbeat has been detected the percentage for viability goes up HEAVILY! I understand its hard being PAL but this has been nothing but healthy on each and every scan and its gone through the first tricky stages (getting to heartbeat!) You can google and google and someone someone will say that an itchy toe was linked to a negative outcome.

Youve waited for this. Enjoy your little olive, he/she is perfectly happy in there :) xx

Becks if it helps I was told at my early scan at 8+4 after my mmc in the Epu that once a hb is seen and appropriate growth at that point the risk of mmc greatly reduces . Try not worry but I know its impossible .

Ladies I don't know what I'd do without you xx Sarah as always your the voice of reason breaking through my worries! I did read that about the placenta and 9 weeks yest, I really must stop thinking the worse but one part of me says its OK and the other is plagued with doubts. Its so so hard after losses, find the first 12 weeks the worse, I started feeling a tiny wriggle with Brooklyn just after 10 weeks but he was measuring ahead, it was a great comfort to feel that tiny wriggle everyday but I'm just managing on nothing ATM. The mW told me at the scan once a HB has been seen after 8weeks the chances of mc are v slim as most babies with problems are lost before then. But loosing a lo at nearly 13 weeks has changed everything. Sorry to be a worrier! Xxx

Aw I feel bad for the worry. I know I had it, still do. Google is the devil. Like another said an itchy toe could be a sign of something lol.

Here's a link that helped me in first tri. Still saved in my favorites on my phone. Daily odds of mc. Up to 12.6 days.

https://spacefem.com/pregnant/mc.php?m=08&d=10&y=12

Ladies I don't know what I'd do without you xx Sarah as always your the voice of reason breaking through my worries! I did read that about the placenta and 9 weeks yest, I really must stop thinking the worse but one part of me says its OK and the other is plagued with doubts. Its so so hard after losses, find the first 12 weeks the worse, I started feeling a tiny wriggle with Brooklyn just after 10 weeks but he was measuring ahead, it was a great comfort to feel that tiny wriggle everyday but I'm just managing on nothing ATM. The mW told me at the scan once a HB has been seen after 8weeks the chances of mc are v slim as most babies with problems are lost before then. But loosing a lo at nearly 13 weeks has changed everything. Sorry to be a worrier! Xxx

I know hun...its hard being pregnant after going through such a thing. I didnt get that far along so cant imagine, but what we DO know is that you have had two scans now both of which have been incredibly positive and showing a completely healthy little one in there. What happened before is tragic but this little one here is completely separate.

Dont EVER be sorry for worrying. Thats what we are here for. To help each other out when we are struggling on the journey. To support each other through the worries along the way. Sometimes we just have to let these things out to feel better. You need to have somewhere you can come and let all these concerns out or you will bottle and be a nervous wreck. Let us hold your hand. xxx

I know exactly how your feeling. Once you get passed the 13w mark you will gradually feel better and more optimistic about it all. You'll get there.

I know Becks having been there its so hard . But I'm just betting this LO is just fine x

This new group is full of so much love and positivity that I have banned any negative problems or news for all. That in the current cycles and upcoming cycles there will only be good happy celebration news.

xx

Sarah what a good idea :) a PMA thread . I did that in my first tri the last time . It was so nice with all the other doom and gloom !!! Getting excited for my appointment in may :) hoping to be a step closer to ttc again :)

I actually had a few tears reading your replies! Thank you girls, I so appreciate your kind words and it means the world to have you all supporting me xxxxxSarah that's a lovely idea and I totally agree xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->