OB/GYN Neglected the results of my u/sound with PCOS

Galyna

Reaction score
Ladies,

Some of you have PCOS, would you please help me:flower:. I do not want to overwhelm with with lots of reading, so long story short: after one month of TTC, I noticed a great amount of LH surge (using three different OPKs: FR, Clear Blue and cheap one like Wondfo)
So after AF I called my doctor and asked to send me the results of ultrasound that I did in July this year.

Here is the summery : Ovaries has some appearance of polycystic syndrome. Lab test could confirm the diagnoses if clinically indicated.

I am quite in shock that my doctor never told me this. What to do?

Couple of years ago I was diagnosed by endocrinologist that that my testosterone levels were 3 times more than usual, :cry:l, and I never treated it; however my periods are very regular and cycle length is 30/31 days. Dont have any hairs on my face or on the body. Do not have any problems with sugar and insulin.

But doctors here in America will not even look at you and consider it is a problem , only after 12 month of TTC. I do not want to spend one year and then take clomid or something. What is the best thing for me to do? I know PCOS will effect my fertility for sure:dohh:.
Girls, do you think I will have problems to conceive? I am 30 yo.

P.S. I have already scheduled appointment with another OB/GYN. I surely need to check my sex hormones again. Hope next Tuesday new doctor will take my blood for exam.

I would reach out to a different provider. Tell the next office what happened and why you'd like to switch. Maybe look into midwives as well as they are typically more holistic and caring in their approach! I hope you find someone who listens to your concerns!
:dust:

I would reach out to a different provider. Tell the next office what happened and why you'd like to switch. Maybe look into midwives as well as they are typically more holistic and caring in their approach! I hope you find someone who listens to your concerns!

Thank you so much for your response.

Truck load of baby dust to you :)

For the formal diagnosis of PCOS you need to meet at least 2 out of 3 criteria:
1) Irregular or absent periods
2) Multiple ovarian cysts on the ovaries
3) Hormone changes on the blood tests - raised testosterone (which I see that you have), but also raised LH:FSH ratio and raised sex hormone binding globulins.

It may be that you did have all those changes on blood test, but I agree that getting an up to date blood test is probably best. I would also bring it up with your doctor that they hadn't discussed the possible implications of the ultrasound result with you.

The good news is that even with PCOS if your cycle is regular then you are still likely to be ovulating and can conceive naturally without it impacting upon your fertility and needing treatments such as Clomid.

Good luck

For the formal diagnosis of PCOS you need to meet at least 2 out of 3 criteria:
1) Irregular or absent periods
2) Multiple ovarian cysts on the ovaries
3) Hormone changes on the blood tests - raised testosterone (which I see that you have), but also raised LH:FSH ratio and raised sex hormone binding globulins.

It may be that you did have all those changes on blood test, but I agree that getting an up to date blood test is probably best. I would also bring it up with your doctor that they hadn't discussed the possible implications of the ultrasound result with you.

The good news is that even with PCOS if your cycle is regular then you are still likely to be ovulating and can conceive naturally without it impacting upon your fertility and needing treatments such as Clomid.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your explicit response:flower:, I will surely discuss everything with my new doctor, just can not believe she could omit such information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->