obstetric cholestasis- when did you get it? did you get it again with second baby?

tristansmum

Reaction score
So I got obstetric cholestasis (oc) with my first at 38 1/2 weeks. So pretty late. Was induced at 40 weeks. So I'm almost 35 weeks and so far no itching but I suppose I winy feel "safe" until after 38 weeks...... Anyone else had it? Are you worrying about this pregnancy?

I told midwife I had itchy hands on two occasions over last week and she is testing me for OC. How itchy is itchy though - what is normal pregnancy itching. I had itchy hands again tonight after a lovely hot bath but could this just be a heat thing? During the day my hands and feet are very hot but the itchiness comes and goes. In fact it's a bit like nits - just thinking about itching makes you itch!

I told midwife I had itchy hands on two occasions over last week and she is testing me for OC. How itchy is itchy though - what is normal pregnancy itching. I had itchy hands again tonight after a lovely hot bath but could this just be a heat thing? During the day my hands and feet are very hot but the itchiness comes and goes. In fact it's a bit like nits - just thinking about itching makes you itch!

Haha true! With my first my soles were soooo itchy. I would stand bear foot on the carpet and just rub them constantly. Then have to sit with them in ice cold water.

When you had OC with your first, did the itching start full on or did it build up gradually? Was it intermittent or was it itchy all the time?

When you had OC with your first, did the itching start full on or did it build up gradually? Was it intermittent or was it itchy all the time?

I had a little itching around 35 weeks which I meantioned to mw. She did bloods and they came Back fine and I think it kinda disappeared. Then at 38+3 I suddenly had serious itching esp my feet. I went into assessment unit on labour ward and they put me on ctg for a hour and did bloods which showed up the bile acids. So put on medication and told they would induce at 40 weeks if I didn't go into labour earlier. I had s sweep at 39+1 and more bloods and was induced on my due date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->