Oct 12 - CD 1

Woooooooo! That's awesome!!! I'm wishing you all the very best Hun xxx hope I see you over in the pregnancy forum soon xxx

Oh good news! What a relief!

Have you had many symptoms? I've been really up and down, all over the map... everything from nausea to extreme tiredness, but never the same from day to day. I can't wait for my doctor's appointment...

I didn't have any symptoms at ALL up until a week ago. Progressively more and more sore bbs, and I get sick here and there throughout the day, but not the REAL bad stuff that I know is coming....
Sure, I'm really tired, but I've also been getting up at 5:00 to go to the gym 5 days a week, so I KNOW that's wearing me out too, so I can't tell if that's the pregnancy or my crazy idea of a new fitness regimen. ;-)

My doctor, bless his heart, is a dummy. So he called me to tell me my hcG levels (which I already knew because I called the lab) and he says, "So that's great news! Here's where I'd like to go from here... call my office in 2 weeks to set up an appointment, then we'll do a urine pregnancy test and if you're still pregnant we'll run order an ultrasound."

Ummmm.... excuse me? I sort of laughed nervously, "Um, if I'm still pregnant in two weeks? You need a urine test to determine that?" and he just said, "Well, you know, I have to make sure it's still positive before I go ordering an ultrasound. I mean, don't get me wrong, I don't anticipate anything going wrong -- just in case, you know. "

Wow. Doctors can say stupid things. He's a really nice man, and he's been very attentive and considerate.... but seriously doc, take some tact lessons.

Not to mention, if my levels are at 3400 NOW, even if the fetus stopped developing tomorrow I'd STILL show positive on a urine test in two weeks--- what a weird thing to say to a woman. :wacko:

yeah i was having some cramping and stuff too so i saw the dr. didnt do much though, just told me my chances of m/c and to go home and rest and if i was still pg a week later we would do blood tests lol, yesterday was the second appt. and it is still good so in 2 weeks if all is well we will do more tests and swabs he said....so i am on the look for a midwife anyways but not much luck in my area :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->