October 2014...starting Clomid for the 1st time! Anyone else?

taurusmom05

TTC #2
Reaction score
Hello! DH and I have been ttc #2 for 2.5 years. Dh's SA= great!! :) :) ...... Me: mild pcos, low thyroid levels, weak ovulation and high testosterone. started taking metformin and thyroid meds last month and get to start Clomid days 5-9 when af finally arrives in a week or so!
We are so excited and just praying the Clomid does the trick for us, as well as the other meds I'm on. Anyone just starting out with Clomid and want to buddy up?!

Baby dust to all!

Hi taurus!
I'm currently on cd 8 and had my 4th clomid this evening. It's not my first time having clomid but it is my first fully monitored cycle. I'm booked to have my first scan on Wednesday morning so my fingers are tightly crossed that my follicles are looking good and my body behaves.
DH has the low end of average for all SA measures. Just good enough for them to let us try a few monitored cycles of clomid before moving to iui.

Hi mrslake! That is exciting that you're being monitored this cycle! You will have to let me know how many beautiful follies you see during your scan!
I hope this is it for you!
I do have a question: How did the clomid make you feel? I have heard many women experience several side effects.

I am so eager to get this cycle started...praying the metformin has been working, also!
Looking forward to your update!

So i had my cd10 scan this morning. We could see quite a few very small follies and one which is 8mm with another 1-2 not far behind. I was so overwhelmed that this is actually happening and I'm on the way to my already loved baby I sat in the car and cried for 5 mins.
Back in next Thursday for another scan. Fingers crossed were getting close to the 20mm mark!

The clomid this time has made me emotional. I'll get angry/grumpy/upset at the drop of a hat then 1 minute later like it never happened. I never had this last time, maybe due to a 20kg weightloss it might actually work this time!

Hi taurusmom & MrsLake, may I join?

I'm currently on cd19, this is my 2nd clomid cycle, and 1st cycle using clomid + Ovidrel, and had iui last week. What's so strange is I'm not experiencing any symptoms, other than hot flashes and light off/on cramping. And over the weekend I felt extra emotional.shrug:, Lol. My first cycle on Clomid I broke out, had hot flashes, sore boobs, tiredness and cramping. I'm trying not to over analyze things but it's so hard not to, lol

MrsLake, that's wonderful news and congrats on the progress!

Taurusmom, good luck on your upcoming appointment!

Keeping my FX'd for us all! xo

Hay ladies! This is my first cycle on clomid un monitored.. I took my last pill two days ago and my side effects are overie pain which has now subsided, BUT its been replaced with nausea (seeing the doc later its so bad)..also the hot flushes and night sweats aren't fun ..but despite all that I hope I get to see two beautiful lines at then end :D x

Hi everyone so excited to see this thread posted this morning looking for clomid buds and got 0 replies. Oh well I'm new to the thread and have not posted much just lurked on the site lol it helps me feel better to hear from others ttc!. Okay I'm 37, OH 32 ttc our first for a year and a half now. I am starting my first cycle on Clomid 50. Today is my cycle day two starting clomid days 5-9 and just looking for a few buddies who have been there or are just starting out in clomid. Nervous and a little excited.hoping to get the :to everyone!

Hay ladies! This is my first cycle on clomid un monitored.. I took my last pill two days ago and my side effects are overie pain which has now subsided, BUT its been replaced with nausea (seeing the doc later its so bad)..also the hot flushes and night sweats aren't fun ..but despite all that I hope I get to see two beautiful lines at then end :D x

Welcome and best of luck to you!

I experienced some of the same things night sweats, nausea, sore boobs, tiredness and headaches. Doing better this cycle:thumbup:

Hi all hope it's okay for me to join this is also my first time on Clomid*50mg after ttc for just over a year and half and just being diagnosed with polycystic ovaries so I would also love to hear all your experiences with Clomid I only started on Monday and getting some right symptoms feel really nauseous and I'm extremely emotional I get a lot of time to think at work and when I do that's it the water works start sure all my work colleagues think I'm going crazy or have something really wrong with me when I'm backwards and forwards from the bathroom every half hour crying my eyes out lol!! Xx

Hi everyone so excited to see this thread posted this morning looking for clomid buds and got 0 replies. Oh well I'm new to the thread and have not posted much just lurked on the site lol it helps me feel better to hear from others ttc!. Okay I'm 37, OH 32 ttc our first for a year and a half now. I am starting my first cycle on Clomid 50. Today is my cycle day two starting clomid days 5-9 and just looking for a few buddies who have been there or are just starting out in clomid. Nervous and a little excited.hoping to get the :to everyone!

Welcome MissLaroo and best of luck to you!

This is my 2nd Clomid cycle and I'm currently in 2ww. Feeling a little anxious and emotional today but I'll make it through!

Keeping my FX'd for us all!

Thanks Buttercup! Hope you get your BFP!!! Keep us posted. 2ww is always the worst anxious and emotional time for me too I always test way to early and try to talk myself in and out of everything lol. I was so excited to have the new hope of having some clomid in my hands. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks Buttercup! Hope you get your BFP!!! Keep us posted. 2ww is always the worst anxious and emotional time for me too I always test way to early and try to talk myself in and out of everything lol. I was so excited to have the new hope of having some clomid in my hands. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks MissLaroo! The wings of hope will bring us through! Keeping my FX'd for us! :hugs::hugs:

Mytime...how exciting! Please keep us posted. How are you feeling today?

Misslaroo- we have similar stories! Been trying 2.5 years actively and this will be my first cycle on clomid also! Good luck to you and welcome to the thread!

Klouise- welcome! I hope your symptoms subside soon and turn into 2 beautiful lines on that test! When will you be testing??! Please keep us posted!!

Afm... this is cd27. Can't wait for af to arrive (sounds so weird to say that!!) So I can start my first cycle on clomid. Praying it does the trick for us! I have mild pcos, high testosterone, low thyroid levels...fx this is my last af for a while!!

Buttercup- how many days til testing for you?!?!? I'm anxiously awaiting to see your results! I hope you can hear me chanting...bfp...bfp...BFP!! hehehe

Buttercup- how many days til testing for you?!?!? I'm anxiously awaiting to see your results! I hope you can hear me chanting...bfp...bfp...BFP!! hehehe

Hi taurusmom!

I'm trying to hold out until af is missed but if I do, it'll be late next week, gosh that seems so far away!!:coffee:, Lol!! I'm chanting too,:thumbup:, Lol

Mytime...how exciting! Please keep us posted. How are you feeling today?

Misslaroo- we have similar stories! Been trying 2.5 years actively and this will be my first cycle on clomid also! Good luck to you and welcome to the thread!

Klouise- welcome! I hope your symptoms subside soon and turn into 2 beautiful lines on that test! When will you be testing??! Please keep us posted!!

Afm... this is cd27. Can't wait for af to arrive (sounds so weird to say that!!) So I can start my first cycle on clomid. Praying it does the trick for us! I have mild pcos, high testosterone, low thyroid levels...fx this is my last af for a while!!

Hi Taurusmom
Woke up this morning and actually was sick :( think my body is just starting to get used to something different again it always behaves horribly when trying something new :(
Thank you and best of luck to you too and I don't want to jinx anything lol so I think I'm just going to see if AF arrives next time :)xx

Hi ladies, mind if I join? A little about me...I'm 30, DF is 28. I came off bcp Apr 16, ovulated 30 days later. We dtd without contraception 1 time, 4-5 days before I ovulated, and were surprised to get a BFP. Unfortunately, my hcg never rose properly and I miscarried at 6 weeks. I had a normal length cycle for the first time in my life in July, but didn't ovulate. 2 months later I finally ovulated again, and we were actively TTC...BFN. So bc of my very long cycles and family history of severe endometriosis, my midwives have put me on clomid. Took my pills CD 4-8, and I'm currently on CD 14, which is day 2 of my expected ovulation window, with all negative opks. Also am having some mild spotting and watery bleeding off and on the past few days, which I also had throughout August, so I'm a little concerned about that. Has anyone else had that?

Hi ladies, mind if I join? A little about me...I'm 30, DF is 28. I came off bcp Apr 16, ovulated 30 days later. We dtd without contraception 1 time, 4-5 days before I ovulated, and were surprised to get a BFP. Unfortunately, my hcg never rose properly and I miscarried at 6 weeks. I had a normal length cycle for the first time in my life in July, but didn't ovulate. 2 months later I finally ovulated again, and we were actively TTC...BFN. So bc of my very long cycles and family history of severe endometriosis, my midwives have put me on clomid. Took my pills CD 4-8, and I'm currently on CD 14, which is day 2 of my expected ovulation window, with all negative opks. Also am having some mild spotting and watery bleeding off and on the past few days, which I also had throughout August, so I'm a little concerned about that. Has anyone else had that?

Hi drjo718 and welcome!

Sorry for your loss, wishing you the best of luck! :flower:

Took my first pill last night no real symptoms yet today. How's everyone else doing? What my friend told me who took clomid is that it will make you crazy moody.. Anyone experiencing that? Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->