October 2014...starting Clomid for the 1st time! Anyone else?

Talked to another of my midwives tonight. She suggested we do bloodwork for LH, FSH, and prolactin to help determine if I have pcos and need metformin, or if I have a pituitary problem. I like having a plan! Will find out around Thanksgiving if I ovulated a few days ago. My progesterone the day before ovulation came back at 2.1. But now I don't want provera if I may have ovulated on Wednesday.

Why did you test for progesterone the day before O? Did you get your thyroid hormones checked? Hope that you get the answers you're seeking....

The sane side of me says not to test.
The crazy side says to test daily until BFP or AF.

I feel your pain LilRu, FFsays AF will be here Friday. I have my BT on Friday, but I've peed on two sticks, both are positive, but I don't know if it's Pregnyl or a real BFP. I'm 6 days past my last Pegnyl. Monday's test was darker than Sunday's. I've bought more tests this morning and will be using all of them between now and Friday.

I never thought myself as an addicted POASer, but look at me now

I had no idea how long you had to wait to get a true (+) so I googled it, this is what I found:

"If you need to find out sooner, you can do some math and figure it out. hCG has a half-life of 28 hours in your body, which means that your hCG levels should decrease by half every 28 hours. There are three injection amounts; 10 000 IU, 5000 IU, and 2500 IU. If you have had the 10 000 IU shot, you’ll need to wait for at least 14 days after the shot to take the pregnancy test; the 5000 IU test will have you waiting 10 days, and a week’s wait for the 2500 IU shot."

You must be sooooo freaking out! I hope its a true positive, FX for you, girl!!!! Although, it sounds like technically its too soon to know for sure. But I guess if your line is getting darker or staying the same and not getting lighter, than the amount of hcg is not decreasing, which is a good sign. I would do fmu for the next couple days and compare color. Maybe take pics? Omg, this is getting crazy obsession!:bunny: What amount of hcg was your last injection? :kiss:

I didn't pick up any hpts, and I'm not leaving the house again today, so I'm proud to say I resisted the temptation. I guess I'm just so traumatized by all the (-)'s I've seen. Last month, I bought a bunch of $ store hpts, and tested my brains out. I think that's what did me in. Cramping is pretty bad today though, and not usually like this 2 days before AF. I'm thinking I may have developed a cyst or clomid is giving me a crazy period. FX it's neither of those situations. :af:

Try to wait until the day after AF is supposed to arrive to test....

My last booster was 1500. So quite a bit less than the 2500 that says 7 days.
I've since pee'd on another test and test and control line are almost as dark as each other. I almost want to tell my DH but I don't want him to get his hopes up.

My first clomid round left me with crazy cramps, but I didn't ovulate.
Well done on not getting any hpt's! I wouldn't have been able to stay sane this tww without testing.

I'm contemplating calling my clinic and moving testing day to Thursday, just to shave 1 day off my waiting...

I can understand that you want to move up your testing date. However, you may want to wait so that your betas will be as high as possible...

Talked to another of my midwives tonight. She suggested we do bloodwork for LH, FSH, and prolactin to help determine if I have pcos and need metformin, or if I have a pituitary problem. I like having a plan! Will find out around Thanksgiving if I ovulated a few days ago. My progesterone the day before ovulation came back at 2.1. But now I don't want provera if I may have ovulated on Wednesday.

Why did you test for progesterone the day before O? Did you get your thyroid hormones checked? Hope that you get the answers you're seeking....

I was on CD46 with no ovulation or sign of AF, so I was going to get provera. They check progesterone first to make sure you haven't recently ovulated. Then of course I got a positive opk later that night. I've had my TSH checked and it's normal.

So today's test shows my test line darker and thicker than the control line. The past 4 days on SMU each day have seen progression. I'll know for sure in just over 48 hours. I'm almost confident enough to say I'm pregnant. I even showed DH last night after I had promised I wouldn't test before my BT.
AF is due today and no sign of her coming. So I'm hoping she stays away!

This is yesterday's test.

https://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah149/apaton1/20141119_0939231_zpsc57a70df.jpg

I'm not going to do another one. I have my blood test tomorrow morning!

Surely this wouldn't be a pregnyl :bfp: with the test line being that dark?

:hugs: for all xx

I've never used any sort of trigger, so I have no idea for sure, but I think if it's around the time they've told you to test it should be really light or gone, and that's a great line! Good luck with your blood test!

that looks like a bfp!!! I would imagine your dr. would schedule your BT ample time after your trigger shot was absorbed, so my non-expert opinion is that's a BFP!(considering its the day before your bt)
I won't say it 'til you get confirmation, but please know I really want to, so please update tomorrow! :bfp: :happydance:

Af is late, supposed to arrive today! I caved and tested yesterday, got a bfn, then had a breakdown! Tested again today and bfn, which I was expecting, so I'm not upset about it. I have about a half millimeter of hope that I'm getting false bfns, but what's the chance...Oh well, spoke to my dr yesterday he said as soon as she arrives to call him for the next round of clomid at 100mg.

I'm still holding hope for you LilRu.

Bllod test is back, and it's well and truly a :bfp:
HCG was 578!
I'm beyond over the moon!

Wow- I'm not surprised with that dark line. Have you got quads in there? :haha: What dpo are you? Big congrats!

Congrats MrsLake!!!!!

Afm...currently cd12 and just finished our first iui. Fx we get our bfp this month.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Hope to hear great news after the holiday break!!!

AF showed yesterday at 14dpo, CD61. Starting 100 mg Clomid tomorrow.

Welcome, westernmama! I hope Clomid does the trick for you!

Drjo- sorry about AF. I hope 100mg works!

I am loving Clomid right now! I just got my first ever BFP this morning! OH and I are cautiously excited, though we've both said that at least now we know everything works!

I am loving Clomid right now! I just got my first ever BFP this morning! OH and I are cautiously excited, though we've both said that at least now we know everything works!

Yeeeeaaahhh! :happydance: Congratulations!!!! :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->