October babies due dates and bump colours

Hello ladies-

Zb, I was thinking yes, my primary stroller may have to be something other than a jogger, because they fold up so large and bulky. I just love how easily they steer though and go over things nicely.

I have to work out when im done with this pregnancy, my OH is an Excercise physiologist and former personal trainer so im sure that he is just waiting to dig his claws into me! whether I like it or not!

Doctor says today I haven't gained a pound since my first visit...at 5 weeks. Oooops. Oh well, belly is measuring fine so im actually happy that no weight gain has occured yet! Im sure it will in full force. I started out 15 lbs over my wanted weight though, so thats why im happy.

Nai- prego ladies are very clumsy! im sure you havent been the first to fall...and good thing it wasnt on your tummy! But sorry about the back. No fun.

I have heard some women get a "baby" ring for during pregnancy. Real diamond but not as extravagant.....im liking that idea!

Nyp just read about the doctor bit, sorry thought youd been to see a midwife. surely you will gain it all soon., xxx

the ring sounds a brilliant idea, though not affordable at the moment plus im not even wearing my wedding ring or engagement ring because my hands are swollen !

They are called push gifts lol something hubby gets you after u go through labor...i thought the concept was pretty funny :rofl:

I'm not wearing my rings at the moment. I can still wear them but after a few hours they start to feel tight, I could probably keep wearing them but I'm afraid I will take them off at work or something and lose them! DH wants to get me a chain to wear them on my neck, but then I'm afraid of them falling. I also got an extra link put in my watch band. I think this past month has been the month for bloating! At least I am telling myself that it's bloating not fat. :haha:

As for exercise after, I really haven't thought about it. Right now I am walking 2 miles almost every day and doing yoga once a week. After baby is here I may start jogging again. We have an Xbox and I think the Kinnect looks fun - maybe I'll get that. :) This is a good conversation topic!

zb, I think much of the bloating you speak of is water weight. Especially since it's summer and your exercising. Keep drinking water though. You want to keep pre-eclampsia out of the picture! :thumbup:

I'd LOVE to exercise. I think it would help bring the numbers down quite a bit with my type II. Second trimester always causes higher numbers but paired with the progesterone injections I just can't keep up! :wacko: My numbers haven't been this bad in a long time. I've been having to manually bolus insulin past the usual amounts even though they keep getting tweaked every week. I can see things will drastically have to be reset once I deliver. I'll end up killing myself with the amount of insulin that's going through my body right now. :wacko:

Once I deliver it will or "should" be end of Sept. early October. Which means winter will be there by end of November. There's only so much walking I'll be doing here. I have to come up with a plan for a gym for my husband and I. I usually do the treadmill at home or Leslie Sansones walk away the pounds. That's great, but like someone else said, I have to weight train to lose ANYTHING. I have pcos and along with it came insulin resistence (hence the reason for so much insulin) and hypothyroid. My darn metabolism is sluggish! Need to rev the sucker up!! :haha:

Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing ok?

In response to the exercise - here in the UK there are quite a few exercise classes that you can actually take your baby to, which I am planning to do once LO is here :)

My mum has offered to pay for us to have a 4D scan for my birthday next month - so excited!!! And after really wanting to stay Team Yellow, I have now done a complete U-turn and decided that we will find out the gender at this scan too!!!!! I can't wait now!! But DH and I have decided to keep it as our little secret, and not tell anyone that we know - its gonna be so fun :)

MA - For me the weight loss will predominantly come from eating my regular low carb diet that I'm used to. Then there is the extra calories burned from breast feeding.. now make that twins and I'm golden! I will be as much exercising as time and body permits since I know I'll be out of commission for a while since I'm having a c-section. You'd be amazed how often the baby will nap for a few solid hours and you will have some free time. I will use that time for the treadmill, stationary bike, weight training and exercise DVD's. By the time the babies sleep a little less it should be early spring and I can start taking them out for some serious walks and work my way back to running. I definitely plan on being pre-IVF weight before the spring though so I have some serious work ahead of me.

Okay sad thing I noticed yesterday. I found a maternity top I had from DD's pregnancy that I remember wearing near the end and it was nearly completely tight at 39weeks. I put it on and it's near that point already and I'm only 22 weeks! And I weigh less than last time to boot!! Oh my! It freaked me out so I bought some Palmer's coconut cream for the belly to lessen any damage coming my way. Ekk! I have more than enough stretch marks for being morbidly obese before I lost most of my weight, I thought I'd be fine.

*crickets chirping*

morning girls! nothing exciting going on here but thought I'd pop in anyway.

YoursTruly - saw your posting about bf/ff'ing. I say do what makes you comfortable because a happy mom = happy baby. I had a similar situation as you except my milk didn't come in. It was torture trying to BF. I was so happy to FF, DD is strong, smart, tall, perfect weight etc. She did not suffer in any way being FF. I only plan on attempting to BF the twins because we simply need to save money any which way we can. I am absolutely dreading it. My DH is in the military too! What trade is your DH in? Mine was in Comm Research but is now doing UTPNCM training to be an MPO. Yay! Unfortunately it means he cannot more than a day off from university to help me out after the birth. We're hoping he's not scheduled for courses over the summer since he plans on taking parental leave. Best of luck with your decision. :)

Thanks LittleStars. After a long night of crying and talking with hubby I have decided to stop stressing and thinking about it and go with what I know made Ava and I happy. I am just going to FF right from the start.

On another note Boy and I super pissed off this morning. I had found a swing online I loved for 40$ rather then 200$ in store. I had emailed the lady and confirmed I would pick it up last night. We were on our way to pick it up when we called to let her know and she told us to come today. So we get in the car this morning to go get it and call her and she tell's me she sold it to someone else last night because she just wanted it gone..... Well we were on our way to get it last night.... Now im mad and dont understand her reasoning at all.

So today we get the keys to our new place, saturday is my 3d ultrasound and sunday we move!!
Oh but we did get our Stroller and car seat.

Here it is.

GirlyGirl, CONGRATS on your pink :pink: Bump!!! :happydance:

uh oh.. i'm on hormones alert for the rest of the day then, just looked at your pics of the pram yourstruly and welled up because it's so beautiful :haha: :dohh: x

YoursTruly - I guarantee you that that lady want genuinely going to sell it to you then someone else offered her more money but it wasn't a sure thing and she didn't want to lose the sale so she delayed you, secured the other sale and then blew you off with a lie. Lame!!!!

I've got to see what I can get used, like a swing, playmats etc. I finally finally finally did up my list of major items I need to buy now for birth and at the 3 month/6 month marks. Then after looking up reviews and prices and everything I compiled it in Excel (I know so organized!) and then I cried. It's going to be sooooooooooo expensive. Meh! I can cut corners by getting a crap stroller but it's the one thing I care about the most. I can also cut corners on bedding by getting a 3 piece set instead of 4 or 5 or 7. Argh. I just kind blew my mind away with the $$ of everything. The thing killing me the most is the car sear thing. I'm forced since we want to keep our small car to buy very very expensive car seats and also buy the convertible seats early before Canada impliments new legislation requiring seats to be even wider. Just sucks that I'm not getting the help of $$ like last time since it's not my first child and my sister is having a baby at the exact same time. I know we'll get through but it just sucks because we're still trying to pay off our debt from a new roof and IVF and we need new tires for the car! Okay, rant over.. felt good to vent. Now off to suffer through an afternoon with MIL at her trailer.. oh joy!

YAY!!!! Had my 3D ultrasound today!! Having another at 28 weeks.

I got 45 minutes of viewing a 39 minute DVD and 113 pictures on a CD!!

Heres the link to my post with pictures if anyone wants to see.

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...d-ultrasound-23-weeks-lots-lots-pictures.html

Aww, very cute! I'm very surprised as the quality is excellent for the gestation. I've heard the best times are 28wks or later which is why I've been waiting but you can see her pretty darn good in there. :lol: She's beautiful! Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->