October babies due dates and bump colours

Love the pictures! I noticed at my last scan, which was my first in the hospital this time around, that the machine had 4d capability I was so tempted to flick the button one of the times the tech was out of the room so I could see. It's so amazing!

I survived my MIL for another day. The trailer/caravan was gross and I hated every minute of it. I spent my time on the attached deck of taking DD for a walk, swim, to the park, anything! I dread the thought of DH wanting us to spend the night there in the near future. Blech! It's just so old and creeps me out with its nastiness.

Thanks ladies. It was so wonderful to see her rolling and kicking. I thought i was feeling lots of movement and was actually surprised by what I still wasn't feeling. She was awake the whole ultrasound but trying to go back to sleep by the end. I melts having to roll from side to side as she would bury her face in the side wall of my uterus. Legs were open the whole time. Hopefully that stops once she's older... Lol she is absolutely beautiful and I feel very blessed to be carrying her. Can't wait until my 28 week one to see her face more filled out and chubby!!

YoursTruly, BEAUTIFUL pics!! I love them, she is so precious! :flower:

So, today I was at Target and I was looking at the breast pumping stuff... my plan is to BF but I have no idea about the contraptions they sell. Is there one in particular any of you have used and would recommend?! Any other BFing materials you would consider a must have?! I feel very clueless in this category and I know I have a lot of learning to go!

YoursTruly, BEAUTIFUL pics!! I love them, she is so precious! :flower:

So, today I was at Target and I was looking at the breast pumping stuff... my plan is to BF but I have no idea about the contraptions they sell. Is there one in particular any of you have used and would recommend?! Any other BFing materials you would consider a must have?! I feel very clueless in this category and I know I have a lot of learning to go!

First of all you need to figure out what you need in a machine. Most hospitals use Medala and you can rent a hospital grade machine from most hospitals if you go to medala, they will have information to help you figure out which model is best for you. There is also a forum there for questions you may have.

Will you be going back to work? You'll need a machine that's on the go, maybe even hands free. If you plan to bf and your solely at home then you may not need so much and can do with either one pump or if you want the added benefit, buy the two suction pump. You'll also need supplies.

If you'd rather not spend as much I've heard EXCELLENT things about the Ameda Purely Yours. Actually I've heard BETTER things about this one than I have from Medala company. Someone actually told me she pumped quite frequently and felt like a cow being processed and she said the motor never ran out. She's on her second child now.

Don't forget that U.S. Citizens can get tax breaks or use their flex spending accounts if your Dr. will prescribe it for "medical Necessity". Letter from 2011 IRS determination. and IRS February 2011 Announcement for bf'ing and equipment coverage.

As far as books are concerned... Best ones I've found are the following:

The Womanly Art Of Breastfeeding by LLLI

So That's What They're For by Janet Tamaro

And last but not least, The La Leche League International. They will help you find local LLL in your area that can provide you with reading material and services to help you bf.

I've had 10 years of ttc to help me prepare for this moment and I find I'm STILL unprepared because you never know if the baby will attatch, if you'll have enough milk or any milk at all coming in. That's where LLLI comes in handy as well as the reading and most of the time you'll have a bf'ing consultant at your hospital for through the LLL or even through a Doulas business if you need it. :winkwink::thumbup:

Lys - I would definitely consider not buying a breast pump until you know for sure that it's working out for you. In general it's a must if you ever want to have a night out and if you are going back to work. It's nice to have too so that Daddy can take over a feed or two here and there. Personally if I had the money I would buy the Medela 'Pump in Style' because of dual pumps and it apparently pumps fast so way less time spend pumping, with twins that is appealing to me. But it's expensive as heck so I might get the Medela Swing breast pump instead as a compromise since I am a SAHM. Anyway, I highly recommend checking out: https://www.breastpumpcomparisons.com/ and figure out what you want. As for literature, I didn't bother since I found the help they give you in hospital along with intuition worked well. They will give you #'s for people like the LaLecheLeague etc for support after leaving the hospital if you encounter problems. Also if the milk supply doesn't come in there are prescriptions your doctor can prescribe to assist.

Okay my DH decided to torture me yesterday night. After eating dinner he got it in his head we would go for a long walk, DD biked. He was looking to get some exercise for himself and totally forgot he was dragging along a pregnant lady! Since it was Father's ay I didn't want to complain and so I busted my butt and gut to keep up. I was toast by the time we came home and nearly needed a push up the stairs at bedtime! lol According to him we walked 6kms. What was he thinking??? Needless to say DD wanted me to walk her to school this morning and I thought I was going to die halfway there and it's only 800m from our house!

Hey there ladies :hi:
Sorry I have been MIA for the last week, but my internet has been down :(
Anyways, I have caught up on all your news. Glad everyones scans have gone well.
I had my gender scan on Friday, and we are on Team Pink :pink: Yay!

also, I wanted to comment on how I will be losing my baby weight. I will be returning to my local Slimming World Group, breastfeeding (hopefully), and going for long walks with the pram. Hopefully that will work. As for rings - my engagement ring still fits perfectly. I hope my fingers dont start to swell any time soon.

Hope you are all well :hugs:
xx

I really want to know my gender :hissy:

I keep calling baby him/he then she/her :haha:

It's weird ... I just don't like 'it' anymore lol

that's why we wanted to find out too :flower: it's hard isn't it! i only managed to 16 weeks before i could resist finding out!

same i really wanted to find out so we could stayrt buying colours, outfits etc and also so we could say him or her xx

Thanks Mommy's Angel and LittleStars for the BFing info!! :hugs:

same i really wanted to find out so we could stayrt buying colours, outfits etc and also so we could say him or her xx

I'm still dying to know but I noticed that yesterday I was all set to buy two girls crib sets and DH had to stop me before I did reminding me that we still don't know. I used to think seriously that we were having one of each but lately I have a feeling we're having two girls.. mostly because my DH has no luck at all and he really would like one boy at the very least.

I did however, buy three bouncers on the weekend. They were on sale for $12 each and so I got two girl ones and one boy one and plan on returning the unwanted one.

LittleStars, what drugs? Haven't heard about the drug aspect of help. I've heard Guinness helps bring in a surplus of milk but I can't handle the stuff. Ick! I've also heard tips here and there for the pain issue the first month or so.

I'm not sure which brand I'll buy yet. Seems there are a whole lot of complaints about the Medala brand and they didn't get as good a ratings as the other one I mentioned. Someone actually told me in another thread she loves the other brand and it worked like a charm. Of course she had a singleton and I will too so I think your link will help in the choosing. :winkwink:

I have this whole plan. :haha: I'm sure nothing will go as planned. :rofl: I'd LOVE to bf'd at night and pump so dh can bottle feed in the morning. In my head it's like a dream come true. :rofl:

Yes, thanks for the breast pump info ladies! I plan to bf and I really hope to pump and have DH feed him sometimes, and to continue to pump when I go back to work. But realistically I think there is a chance that that won't end up working out for us. (I've heard some babies really don't like the bottle, although when I go back to work he will HAVE to take the bottle. But then when I am back at work I think there's a chance I will find pumping too much of a hassle.) On the one hand I want to give us the best chance at making it work by getting a nice pump. But if it doesn't end up working out it will feel like such a waste! We'll see, I think I will end up going for a nice pump though. MA, the Ameda one looks great!

Well, I fell in love with a stroller today. :blush: I stopped a lady on the street and asked if she liked it - she said she LOVED it. It is the Baby Jogger City Mini - not actually designed for jogging but lightweight and maneuverable like a jogging stroller. And it would fit in my trunk! My concern about that type of stroller was how it would work with an infant, and this woman had her (small) 12-week old daughter in it, in the reclined position. It seemed to be working really well! Anyone know anything about this stroller?
https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3800140#ReviewHeader

Erm... so, it seems I have suddenly entered the phase where I want to start buying things! I keep looking up reviews of products and trying to decide what I want. Realistically, we won't get most bulky things until after we move on Sept. 1. By then I will have a list a mile long! :haha: Is this nesting or does that come later?

p.s. Congrats Shelleney on team :pink:!!

Zb I think you will find that you want a system the the infant seat attaches to? I just know its very convenient to take seat out of car, attach to strolled, and go. Without really moving the infant. Otherwise that strolled looks nice!

Zb I think you will find that you want a system the the infant seat attaches to? I just know its very convenient to take seat out of car, attach to strolled, and go. Without really moving the infant. Otherwise that strolled looks nice!

Thats what weve got this time, its so much easier when u can just take the carseat straight out and clip it onto the pram when nipping to do some shopping etc, plus it saves waking baby up to switch from carseat to pram x

That's what the lady in the shop said to us too, to make sure we got compatible systems as a screaming baby because they were woken up just to do a 5min grocery stop-off isn't the best of fun lol

ASFM, well.. it looks like we might be moving house 17th august!! :shock: DH spoke to landlady today because she's been making noises about getting someone into "survey" the house and "value" it.. so I automatically got on the suspicious side. Lucky I did, she "doesn't intend" to sell the house, but wants to sell it on as a rental property.. wtf. When we moved in, she told us we could stay for 5 years and it's a year on and we've spent hundreds on the place (as it was supposed to be a 5year stay so we felt was worth it for the length of time we'd be there) and now she's selling.

Well i'm not going to sit around and have that sort of uncertainty hanging over us with LO on the way! So... well i spoke to niece, and it turns out her dad (my ex-brother in law) has just made his tenants sign to leave his property on august 15th.. and he would love to have us move in. The house is being kept for my niece when she is older so there's no way it's being sold and the rent is only £50 more than we pay now but we'll get an extra bedroom and it's in a LOVELY area.. in fact, it's next door to the restaurant the DH and I met in.. :cloud9:

So.. it looks like we're unexpectedly moving! But thank goodness we didn't do anything further to the house before we found out! Only downside is i'll be about 28weeks pregnant when we move but hey-ho :shrug: and so will be decorating LO's room when i'm heavily pregnant.. but i think it will be worth it for the security..

:shock: still can't believe we're moving!! lol :shock:

Nai- wow! I suppose its gonna be better for you in the end tho, and you will get to LO's nursery :) and how nice that its next to the restaurant you met it :awww:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->