• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

helllooooo!!! thought I'd start off this thread :)
Luca is 3 days old and I am in absolute awe, the first few days have gone past in a blur. I'm so glad we decided on one more after almost 9 years. Feeding is going well although my nipples are a tad on the sore side from my little Monster not bothering to open wide atm. I love that I'm able to take a step back and enjoy the first weeks with a wee bit of experience behind me.
I blubbed tonight when I read this bit of a poem out to dh. This is just how i feel this time around as I enjoy my last baby.

The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
for children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.

Hi, congratulations on baby Luca, absolutely gorgeous. I am still in absolute awe after almost 3 weeks! I spend most of my day sitting cuddling and looking at her, still not quite believing she is mine! It is just the most amazing feeling in the world. My first couple of weeks of breastfeeding were a little difficult because I wasn't latching her on properly and I ended up with very sore cracked nipples but towards the end of the second week things started to get better and now she is latching on properly and my nipples are no longer sore. She seems to have slept much better the last couple of nights aswell, only waking up twice the whole night. Like you Trumpetbum, I have decided that I'm not going to put so much pressure on myself this time to be superwoman and just take a step back and enjoy these days with my last baby. With my other babies I put a lot of pressure on myself to have the house immaculate etc and I ended up absolutely exhausted and found the first few weeks very stressful. This time around I am just going to do what I can when I can and spend the rest of my time bonding with my beautiful daughter. Can't wait to see more familiar faces on this thread when you all have your babies. xx

She is gorgeous. I'm at the sore nipple stage right now, he has a tiny latch and I have to take him off much to his annoyance when he takes too little nipple. I'm glad you're at the other side of it now. I've noticed how much morerelaxed I am this time and subsequently how much happier.

Finally got around to my birth story ladies if you want a read.

https://www.babyandbump.com/birth-s...ypnobirthing-homebirth-story.html#post7296793

You can add me too the list! :D

Baby Alexa was born on the 7th of October!

Sorry it's been so long for me to post on here. I haven't been getting any sleep at all.
My baby is a night time baby, sleeps all day and stays up all night. She likes to feed every hour, but only eats for about 10 minutes. Instead of the recommended 30 minutes every 3 hours. She will just fall asleep sucking, and nothing I do will wake her up. So exhausting.

She too has a tiny latch, and my nipples have been killing me... and boy do they leak!!

I never in my life realized how hard it was for women with newborns! I'm hoping I can get her on a schedule eventually!

Other than that my baby is so adorable and I love her to pieces! I can't stop cuddling her and playing with her little hands and feet!

She's been sleeping in bed with me... I know this is a big no no.... but I've realized I'm super protective! I have to look at her \every few minutes to make sure she's breathing... and I don't even like leaving her with me mom to take care of her for an hour or too. I even pulled over on the road, to make sure she was ok in her car seat because she wasn't making any noises... AH! I'm driving myself mad. :lol:

Does anyone elses babies HATE Diaper changes, baths, and changing clothes??
It's so sad how bad she cries when I change her. I try everything to sooth her, but nothing helps. :(

^ I got a mirror that attaches to the back seat so you can look in your rear view mirror and see baby. :)

I was actually going to do this! I have too... or I'm going to drive myself crazy :haha:
I just haven't found one yet that will work for my car. :/
It seems that no where around here has anything like that. But I will deffinately keep searching, or find one online. :)

Ty!

This is them - https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...ed-_-Google Base-_-N/A-_-Easy View Car Mirror

We've bought one for when our little man arrives :)

Oh the nights are hard. Every night I debate switching him to formula :(

Noooo hun, you can do it with the booby juice, it won't take long!

I feel so lucky that my older child was and still is breastfeeding, I haven't had many problems with engorgement or leaking. However, I did have a small bout with mastitis just a couple days ago, but lasted less than 24 hours (thank goodness!) I can't believe how big my DS1 has gotten, its hard to remember that he was that small once. Baby has already gained over a pound, its going so fast...

Finally found this page. I am also having problem s breast feeding Anna is so uncoordinated she cant suck and swallow. Apparently its common with early babies. Im so tempted to just pump and bottle feed.

Oh the nights are hard. Every night I debate switching him to formula :(

The nights are tough to start with but they do get easier :hugs: I heard the midwife telling the lady in the bay next to me in the hospital to expect the first two weeks of breastfeeding to be hell but not to give up because it does improve. x

i hpe things get easier for yoyu atm chloe is a star only wakes twice a night

Hi all! Huge congrats to all new mummies!! Hope things are working out for everyone!

I feel like I've missed so much in the 9 days since I had my baby :(
I managed to feed her 3 times on Saturday before she was rushed to St Thomas's on Sunday and put into Intensive Care. Since then she has had major heart surgery on Weds and stayed in the PICU until Saturday when she was transferred to the High Dependancy Unit (When I could actually have a cuddle - through all the tubes and wires!)

She's doing well now though and every day that passes is a miracle...... Not sure when we will be able to bring her home, but we are hoping that it won't be too long before I can be a "proper" mummy! Slightly scared of the medications etc though!

Anyway...... I'll be popping back in from time to time to see how all the new mummies are getting on. Hope everyone is enjoying parenting xxxxxxxx :hugs:

Just wanted to send big :hugs: to all you mommies!!!
I can't wait to join this thread, officially that is. ;) I'm already a Mom but not an October Bumpkin mom!

For those of you having a hard time, hang in there! It does get easier. And Going_Crazy, I cannot imagine how you feel... you are such a strong woman! Your little girl is very lucky to have you! :hugs:

Well I broke my dongle a few days ago ladies and have been offline so am catching up on the new babies born in my absence.
Luca is the hungriest of my babies I think, which is something considering my last was nicknamed the 'booby monster',it's a running joke in my house. On the bright side this means I got back into my jeans yesterday, still a bit on the tight side though :lol:
He is great but a bit gassy, think I was switching breasts too soon as he falls asleep on the breast and as it was so long since I'd breastfed I was just assuming he was finished. Have started compressing booby when he gets lazy and encouraging him to feed longer on one breast.
Lildreamy, Luca comes into my bed when he isn't in his Amby too. As long as you do it safely, I personally feel it really helps in the early days. Luca certainly didn't get the memo about feeding for 30 minutes every 3 hours either so don't fret, who makes this stuff up and have they ever seen a baby :lol:
KV, the nights get better. I promise and ff baby isn't always a cure all, I have friends with ff babies who find nights just as difficult. I find it's easier for me this time as I've come through the other side before. I'm just taking each day at a time. It passes so quickly.

Glad LO is doing well now Going crazy.

can't believe I only just found this thread!

Noah is now 3 weeks ........ 3 WEEKS! where on earth does the time go?!?!

Today he seems very much back to his happy little self after being poorly & in hospital at the weekend, so nice too have my baby boy back to his happy self again, it was heart breaking watching him all unsettled and unhappy

I hope all you mummy's are doing well

hiya all, I had my boy Leo on 15th at 4.04am. Love being a mummy!!!!

KittyVentura, I feel your pain and I've only done one night!
I am determined to make breastfeeding work but it is hard :(
I gave him half an oz of formulas last night because he just wasn't getting enough from me, he then slept from 12 until 5.30!
I just hope it gets easier when my milk comes in.

More on breast feeding. We went to the breast feeding clinic and Anna is just too uncoordinated and that is our problem. She on average has a 5-1 swallow to suck ratio and is choking on the breast because she is overwhelmed by the let down. So its pumping for me for a while. Also she falls asleep at the breast a lot and the lactation consultant says its because she gets very overwhelmed.
They also think they got my dates wrong because they see this a lot in premies.

Anna had her photo shoot today. Will post pictures when I receive them.

Hope all the moms are getting decent sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->