• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

I think i have it lucky with Chloe i dont feel like im lacking much in the sleep front yet. She only wakes twice a night which i dont think is too bad so dont really feel bad. I know she could start to get worse any time soon though :haha:

My DH some who manages to sleep right though though the lucky sod :rofl:
Cant beleive how many babies are here now

Hello all! :D

I got alot of sleep last night! I'm a much happier camper today. :p

I can deffinately say my baby is a Boobie Monster too. :haha:

My mom swears I'm spoiling her... she wants to suck soo much, and everytime she wants to suck, I let her. I'm thinking... baby is only working by instinct right now... I don't think there is a such thing as spoiling a newborn.

She doesn't eat much either... she falls asleep after 10 minutes of feeding. I try the whole burp her and switch breast things... it works for a minute or two... :lol:

I'm not going to lie ladies... I have fed her formula a few times. But that's only when we are out in public and I don't have much means to feeding her, and since breast milk is only good for an hour without being refridgerated... I felt like I didn't have much choice. I tried feeding her in the parking lot a few times... but it was becoming very difficult.

She hasn't had anything like nipple confusion that the doctors claim. She's just happy to suck.

I finally got her to hate the pacifier! I accidentally had got her addicted to them, but now instead of the paci, I give her a breast. Lol.

She was so cute the other day, when I tried to give her a paci, she took 3 - 4 sucks, frownes her face and was looking from side to sde with her eye's as if she was in deep thought, and then it dawned on her... "Hey! There isn't any milk in this!" She Spit it out so loud it sounded like she was spitting out a water melon seed. :haha:

I didn't realize she was hungry until she did this... I had just fed her for a good 30 minutes and thought she was just on a sucking spree... How wrong was I. :D

Hope everyone else and loved ones are doing great! :)

I took Luca and the girls out to Loch Lomond yesterday for a walk and let him sleep too long in the sling, rookie mistake!!! He was STARVING when he woke up, gulped his food down all night and ended up being a fusspot at night and all morning. I eventually got him to sleep and the midwife turned up for her last visit :lol: His weight is creeping up again after the initial loss and he is officially doing great. I ended up making dh take him for a walk around the block in the pram so that I could sleep even just a wee bit. It did the trick, he got enoiugh sleep to help him stop fussing and so did I :lol: Dh is now having his turn for a nap and L is feeding again. Good god this boy is a starver..however I am down 1 stone and only about a 1/2 stone over my prepreg weight which is a bonus. I can't be buying a new wardrobe this close to christmas. My skin is still really awful though and the jelly belly looks like it's here to stay. :lol:

hope everyone is doing well

Noah is just fab, can't believe how big he is getting! he is piling on the weight!!

he was born 6lb 15oz and today (3 weeks & 1 day) he is up too 9lb 8oz ..... think I am producing double cream not breast milk lol

I agree i dont think you can spoil a newborn, if they are hungry they are hungry they know what they want.
Got my next postnatal check tomorrow hoping all is still well with me and Chloe cant see any reason for it not too be though.
I wake up more than her in a night as i keep checking she is ok even thought i know she is i have to check :haha:

I am having my first full day with just me and Luca. Girls are at school and dh is off on a falconry day with his dad. I need to get bathed and tidied up for visitors tonight but I can't bring myself to take my sleepyhead out of his sling to get washed and dressed. He's so freaking beautiful.

hello girls, hope everyone and their babies are well :)

my little man is now 6 days old. cant believe it.
also his name is Frank Andrew for when you get a chance to update :lol:

Wow Noah's weight gain is fantastic buttonnose! Alexis is doing brilliantly, just wish the same could be said for me :( She will be 4 weeks old on Sunday and my bleeding had pretty much stopped, was only really a browny discharge I had left and even this was very light, then on Wednesday I came home from picking my older kids up from school and felt this gush of blood which overflowed my pad and ran down both my legs (sorry tmi). Since this happened I have had continuous heavy bleeding, been having to change my pad every 2 hours again. Seems to be fine while I am sitting still but as soon as I get up it just all comes away. I phoned the midwife yestersay morning and A&E last night, was told from both to get plenty of rest, not to lift anything heavy, drink plenty and the triage nurse at A&E told me to put frozen peas on my abdomen to stem the bleeding. Went to my gp this morning as I was still concerned about the volume of blood I was losing, he had a good feel of my tummy and said that my uterus had definetely returned to where it should be. He thinks it's either hormonal, that I've done too much too soon or that parts of my placenta are still remaining inside (he read my notes which said that my placenta was ragged when it came out). When I asked him what I should do he said it was a situation that just required a wait and see approach! He said if I was soaking through a pad in less than an hour, was passing clots the size of or bigger than golf balls or I had any symptoms of shock or infection then I would need to be seen again but besides that I just have too rest as much as possible, eat nutritiously and take my iron tablets. I am quite upset as I thought any risk of problems would have been long gone by now :(
going_crazy it's fantastic to hear that your little one is doing so well, and well done to you for staying so strong. Will be thinking of you.
My little one is also a booby monster, I am pretty sure if she had the choice she would be atatched to my breast 24/7, lol. I also just give her my boob when she wants it. If we have changed her and tried other methods of settling her such as oh walking around with her or rocking her etc and she is still upset then I just give it to her. As someone else said you can't spoil a newborn and they know what they want. If giving her booby settles her then I will be doing it. Glad to hear everyone and their little ones are doing so well xx

Serenity that doesn't sound good :(

I was back at the hospital last night, my stitches have split and I have an infection :(

Tristan is doing really well with feeding now :D I would recommend nipple sheilds to anyone!!

Ouch BB sounds nasty about the stitches hope they are ok this time. I wouldnt have a clue if mine went as they are internal.

Hope things get sorted Serenity

Chloe is now 9lbs 8oz after goign down to 9lbs 5oz at 5days. Shes already putting weigth back on nicely cant beleive she is 10 days old aready it goes too quick.

Autumn Ivy Joan came into the world fast and furiously October 19. :wave:

Nipple shields are awesome. I used one for a week and now Anna is bare breasting it with more success. Just make sure your pumping or expressing manually because the shield can slowly dwindle your supply.

Hello lovelies! So boob feeding is getting easier now Fin is sleeping better at night. I still don't know how long I'll last at it but I know I'll go as long as I can!

Had him weighed today at 11 days and he's gone from 7lb7oz at birth to 8lb5oz. Knowing he's thriving so well on mama's special booby juice certainly spurs me to keep at it.

Hope everyone is well xx

Congrats new Mommies! :yipee:

BB - That doesn't sound fun at all. :nope: I hope things heal fast for you!

Aurora - So you weren't induced right? Or were you??? I think I missed your birth story. :wacko:

KV - Glad everything is going well with BFing. :)

Aww BB that sounds awful for you, hope you are doing okay. I had to phone the hospital again earlier as I almost fainted this afternoon! They said it was just down to the volume of blood loss and the tiredness from lack of sleep at nights. I really hope it starts to improve soon.
Due#1-2010 I know what you mean about the time going so fast, Alexis will be exactly a month old on Tuesday and I would absolutely love to know where the month has gone!! It really has went so fast, it's scary.
Congratulations Aurora, and Autumn is a beautiful name. We were actually thinking about calling our daughter Summer but then two close friends of ours called their daughter it and we decided to pick something else, glad we did though as she suits her name.
Kitty Ventura, so glad that the breastfeeding has got easier for you, and that your little one is putting on weight. I find it so rewarding to see Alexis putting on weight, it gives me such a sense of satisfaction to know that the feeding is going so well and gives me the confidence to carry on
xx

KC I havent had a chance to do my birth story, but Grandma is arriving on the plane tomorrow so I'll hopefully get it done. :)
An induction was started but its hard to tell only part of the story so I'll try and get it done tomorrow! All I can say is it was insane and my doctor is still in a bit of shock!

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpg
    IMG_0123.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0107.jpg
    IMG_0107.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online