• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Glad to see so much positivity around breaat feeding. Leo's also doing really well with it and has already put his birth weight back on. Is anyone else co-sleeping by accident? I don't mean to but I get so tired in the night that I fall asleep whilst winding him! OH has to tell me to put him down & turn the light out!

We've got a busy few days now with visitors for the next 4days in a row but at least Leo will get to meet his family.

Glad to see so much positivity around breaat feeding. Leo's also doing really well with it and has already put his birth weight back on. Is anyone else co-sleeping by accident? I don't mean to but I get so tired in the night that I fall asleep whilst winding him! OH has to tell me to put him down & turn the light out!

We've got a busy few days now with visitors for the next 4days in a row but at least Leo will get to meet his family.

It is nice to see the positivity with breastfeeding, it can be tough the first few days or even weeks but once passed that stage it is so rewarding. Things are so different this time around for me, when I had my first child (10 years ago) and announced I was breastfeeding I was treated like a leper and got all sorts of nasty comments. I even had someone tell me that they thought it was disgusting and perverse to breastfeed because breasts are used in sexual activity.......no joke! Anyway this time around I haven't had anyone say anything, not that it would matter if they did because I would still be doing it but it seems attitudes have changed a little.
I have co-slept by accident, the first time it happened I was consumed with guilt thinking what could have happened but I mentioned it to my health visitor and she said that co-sleeping isn't the big NO NO that it used to be. She said that she certainly couldn't advocate it but not to be too worried about doing it if it is being done properly. She told me to have a look online and a few studies have been done that show co-sleeping may actually reduce the risk of SIDS. After I had read it I didn't feel so bad, I still don't think I would intentionally set out to co-sleep but I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I do it by accident. xx

Well Luca was two weeks old today and as much as I have LOVED his first two weeks I am glad to get to this milestone as the first two weeks are most definitely the hardest on the nipples :lol: He is having longer gaps between feeds, his latch is MUCH better and he is eating well, he has started to fall into a sort of routine of his own sleeping between feeds and his awake periods albeit few are content and aware. He's sleeping on daddy right now, but I took him out for a walk today and honestly felt happy enough to burst :lol:

So I haven't been breastfeeding a whole week, but I love it! I love the bonding I get, I mostly just stare at him <3. Bur I haven't had any problems, no pains. When my milk let down I had problems latching at first but he corrected himself and once I was engorging I was kinda miserable, but that day I started pumping for 5 min any time I would feel it, and things went even better! But I do have to admit I do accidently/purposely co-sleep, It started an accident but I discovered if I co-slept when it just me in bed after OH leaves for work, he sleeps longer. But anyone else just love waking up and looking over at those faces and you feel like you just fell in love!:blush:

Yes i love breastfeeding too, but i have a big supply, if Chloe has been feeding and come off even though she stops sucking sometimes my milk continues to flow for another min or so :blush:
Also i pretty sure my stitches dont seem to be getting any better yet, they are really starting to annoy me now :(

This is the first time I've managed to get online at all, lol. Poppy is 5 days old, and things are pretty rough going! I feel like I have no idea what I'm doing.

Breastfeeding has been incredibly hard. I've found it so painful, even though she has a great latch and every midwife has said she feeds perfectly. Luckily though, nipple shields are a god send! I'd be completely lost without them! Even though it hurts, I do love doing it. I have had to start expressing as well, as because of all the blood loss I was pretty ill because she was feeding so often and I was getting absolutely no sleep. The midwife suggested taking a day off and only expressing, and I'm so glad she did. I felt really guilty at first, like I'd failed, but seeing how happy my partner is feeding her, and how I don't feel panicked every time she cries. I can enjoy it so much more. I'm a bit worried that I'm not doing it right and will end up mucking up my supply or something though, haha.

Anyway, here's a little picture!
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v186/SapphireMusings/IMG_8611.jpg

I can't wait to properly catch up on this thread and see how everyone is getting on with their babies. And to write up and share my birth story!

Hope everyone is doing well. xxx

Congrats PreggyEggy she is lovely :D

here is a pic of Chloe not put one on this thread https://i954.photobucket.com/albums/ae27/Mummy-2-be-2010/chloe.jpg

Also a few others in my parenting jornal that will be the main place i update atm

aw cute photos, I'll put some up of Leo when I get the chance. My stitches also kill but my midwife told me I'm missing some external stitches but it's too late to get them done now! Reckon we just got to wait it out. Ouch!

Awww Due#1 and PreggyEggy your babies are absolutely gorgeous :flower:

Hello lovelies!

LOVING the pics of all the gorgeous babies! October babies are the cutest ;)

I's my first day alone with Fin today as Ian has gone back to work. Was pretty scared but so far it's been fine. Fin is loving his sling so I've been able to get plenty done with him sleeping in the sling.

BF is definitely getting easier by the day. The past 2 weeks were pretty dark at times but brighter now I'm not dreading every feed.

Hope everyone is well...

Oh and here are a few newer pics of my little man :D xx

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 3
Hello lovelies!

LOVING the pics of all the gorgeous babies! October babies are the cutest ;)

I's my first day alone with Fin today as Ian has gone back to work. Was pretty scared but so far it's been fine. Fin is loving his sling so I've been able to get plenty done with him sleeping in the sling.

BF is definitely getting easier by the day. The past 2 weeks were pretty dark at times but brighter now I'm not dreading every feed.

Hope everyone is well...

Oh and here are a few newer pics of my little man :D xx

Did Fin take to his sling right from the start? I have been contemplating getting Alexis a sling because at the moment I'm not getting much done around the house as she just wants cuddled and held all the time which is fantastic for us both but not very practical when the washing is piling up and the house is needing cleaned :haha: A lot of people have said to me that it's a waste of time but I thought it would be a good way to be able to keep her close to me and get things done. I'm glad that breastfeeding has got easier for you, it's totally worth persevering through the tough times and seeing the positive results. Fin is so so cute :hugs: xx

Today's my first day alone too although I've had a few visitors and Hubby came home for a sleep :lol: Bless he is so tired!

Breastfeeding is going so well, I'm so glad I kept at it. Tristan was weighed on Saturday and only lost 1 ounce so Mummy's boobie juice must be doing the job :mrgreen:

Tristan keeps teasing me, we will have a good night then a bad night, he slept from 9.30 until 1 then until 3 then until 5 then until 7 and then until 10.30am last night! :( I'd rather his solid hours be in the middle!

My stitches are still unbelievably painful, I'm taking 8 tablets 3 times a day to get rid of infection, I feel like I'm rattling! :rofl: I really work myself up before going for a wee, I've been having loads of baths just so I can wee in the bath! I've tried pouring water whilst weeing but it still hurts like hell!! :( I just can't wait to be healed enough to be able to enjoy being a Mummy fully! I love being a Mum but the pain makes it hard to do things and takes me longer!!

Tristan makes me so happy, he is amazing :cloud9:

Ive found out my stitches are infected so now on antibiotics. And been having probs with my rib that i did when i was pregnant. So had an x-ray ealier today as when i saw doc she thinks it might be cracked :(

Love the new pics kitty :D

Sucks doesn't it? Are you in alot of pain too?

Eurghh my bleeding has barely been there and just all of a sudden it's gushed, I've gone through a pad, knickers and leggings and onto my sofa cushion! :(

Yes been pretty painfiul. got them checked becuase pain increased ect.
Gosh my bleeding is like that but its loads worse at night Hardly there in the day I hope it doesnt stain the cushion BB

Did Fin take to his sling right from the start? I have been contemplating getting Alexis a sling because at the moment I'm not getting much done around the house as she just wants cuddled and held all the time which is fantastic for us both but not very practical when the washing is piling up and the house is needing cleaned :haha: A lot of people have said to me that it's a waste of time but I thought it would be a good way to be able to keep her close to me and get things done. I'm glad that breastfeeding has got easier for you, it's totally worth persevering through the tough times and seeing the positive results. Fin is so so cute :hugs: xx

Today was the first day I tried it and he took to it straight away... but then yesterday was a growth spurt day so today he is so sleepy. Might be different if he was awake more. I have a Baba Sling so had him in a sorta upright koala type position if that makes sense... a bit like for over the shoulder burping.

:D

xx

Hi ladies! Sounds like everyone is humming right along pretty good!

I'm happy to report breastfeeding is going amazing. Autumn slept from 12:30- almost 7 am last night, but the night started out with some nasty gassy belly making her very unhappy. She doesn't burp well, seems to be easier to get the farts out!

I'm off to find instructions to use the baby hawk for her size so we can go for a walk today. :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->