****October Bumpkins 2010 - Parenting Thread****

Evening girls, not been on in ages, busy as usual, Jules I see you were very lucky, congrats on your BFP hunnie, it seems to be in the water at the moment, two of my best friends have just announced their pregnancies at 11 weeks, so come October I get to coo and get all broody over two little bubbas.

Well my end not much to report, Macy doing great, she had her first dentist appointment last Wed bless her, only a quick look just to get her used to it, she has so many teeth, nearly all are through so I thought seeing as the others were having theirs checked macy might aswell join in :) She is running around like a looney, stringing lots of words together, singing to twinkle twinkle little star, hiding wipes in my Uggs, nice soggy foot the other day lol, just being really funny, a very good girl, she likes to help, will put things in the bin, pass you things, wipe her own mouth. I keep thinking about the potty but when she has weed with nappy off she has cried, I may leave it until the summer holidays, we will see. She is beginning to be fussy at meal times, likes to be distracted when fed, will feed herself but does not always like it so if I do it she likes to do some colouring in at the same time grrrr!! Just weaning her off formula little pest, half and half at the moment, I refuse to buy anymore so this lot of formula has nearly gone so Im gonna chuck more cows milk in her bottle tomorrow lol, its frustrating my other two had no problems with cows milk, she doesnt seem to like it but seem to be getting on well with the gradual reduction of formula, that will be a sad day for me when she no longer needs it as it means my baby has left me lol. Anyway night night, catch up soon xxx

Thank you! We are definitely blessed that I was able to conceive the first try with both babies! I feel very lucky! :) I'm super excited, but feeling lots of nausea.. more than last time!

As for Rosalina, she's doing great! She's a big goofball and is always entertaining us! She just goes goes goes, never stops. She is saying some words, like mama, nana, Elmo (lol) and the Yo Gabba Gabba theme song, haha! I worry a bit that maybe she should be saying more, or putting words together, but I have to remember that they all develop at their own pace. She's a smart girl and always doing things that amaze me, I'm sure she'll be talking more soon! She's definitely trying to say new things and get words out.

A quick question, how are all of you with brushing their teeth? I tend to forget a lot... and I find it tricky because Rose and I or her daddy have a cuddle, rock on the chair and drink a bottle of milk before bed. If I brush her teeth before, she still ends up with milk before bed. If I brush after she wakes up so much she needs more milk to get sleepy again. I'm hoping the brush before the milk will be sufficient, so worried her little teeth will be in bad shape! I'm going to try to get her to sleep without milk soon, or maybe milk, teeth, then water? Not sure..

Congratulations jules

Glad.everyone toddlers seem well

Gosh, haven't been on here for a while, just caught up with the most recent news. Congrats to all those pregnant again :) I dont think I could handle another right now lol, Jasmine is enough for now. Glad all mummys are doing well. Will have to pop in more often for a chat. Not much is happening much for us at the moment. Just had a week off work and it sucks having to go back, gets worse after each holiday :( but heyho have bills and mortgage to pay! Jasmine is such an active toddler, non stop all day, she never sits down for longer than a couple of minutes, she's very talkative but still only says about 10-20 words but understands pretty much everything.

With regards to the toothbrushing question, I admit night times I do get her to brush her teeth in the bath but then she has a bottle after that so I need to change that routine lol, she always brushes in the morning, its difficult though as she is not so forthcoming with allowing me to brush her teeth so I have one of those brushbaby toothbrushes and about 3 other types and we just use them all!!

Congratulations on the pregnancies sorry not been on here for ages. I can't get anywhere near Leo's mouth to clean his teeth & he still falls asleep to breastmilk!

Stephen is being a huge pain in the backside at the moment. He normally tantrums when we are at home but the first time ever in a shop he threw himself down on the floor, kicked his legs and just screamed! Never been so humiliated in my life :haha: Luckily it was mainly mum's there so one turned around and said "We've all been there darling, don't worry about it". When we want him to walk somewhere if he doesn't want too, he sits on the floor making it so difficult to pick him up - can't even explain WHAT he does to make it difficult but the way he positions himself makes it impossible. He keeps trying to hit me and saying "NO" all the time. Refuses to eat vegetable etc.... heeeeeeeeeeeeelp me!!!!!!! lol Please tell me other toddlers on here are turning into little demons?

On the positive side he can now say a lot of words and even uses short sentences i.e. "It's down there"; "Oh God" (oops!!); "Get off" (usually when we take Henry's dummy off him) .... okay some are nicer than the last two but we're making progress.

Rose has definitely begun to be more challenging! Lots of temper tantrums, throwing things, and she's entered the biting, hitting and scratching phase! No fun there, but shes such an entertaining goofball it's worth it, lol! She's still only saying a few words, so I hope it's nothing to be worried about. She sings the yo gabba gabba theme song though....

Don't you think sometimes when they are actually being naughty, it is hilarious! I find myself trying not to laugh a lot of the time due to facial expressions etc!!

And I hate people saying to him "You are a naughty boy" - I don't want him thinking that HE is naughty but rather the behaviour but MIL and OH don't get it - they still call HIM naughty :dohh:

CharlieKeys gosh.your brave having 3 so close together congratulations though

And chloe has some but they are gettingess and less and she knows I mean no, so now she fake cries for a few seconds then gets on with somethin else. She has learnt "no that's mine" dunno how though as we don't say it

She's done me proud today had happy off day and done 6 potty wees no fuss just done them

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their LO out of pram walking more yet? Only I'm having another baby in July and want to avoid buying a double buggy esp as I don't think it will last long enough to justify the spend.

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get their LO out of pram walking more yet? Only I'm having another baby in July and want to avoid buying a double buggy esp as I don't think it will last long enough to justify the spend.

Chloe walks a lot at parks and round super markets and down river on reins. What about looking into a buggy board much cheaper than a double buggy

Chloe walks a lot at parks and round super markets and down river on reins. What about looking into a buggy board much cheaper than a double buggy

I would if I were taller but I'm veryu short so my feet already disappear under the buggy. I'd have to stand further back by about a foot, prob resulting in a very bad back.

We don't even use a pram, he either walks or is in a sling. He is walking more, though now, when we take our walks.

We are getting chloe a rabbit, ive taken chloe to pets at home a few times and every time she runs stright for the rabbits and stands pointing and saying rabbit so we have decided to get her one. We have found one we will hopefully get its a lion head, we just cant chose which one to get one has markings one dosent

Lionheads are adorable. Definitely have agentle disposition. Just make sure you have all the proper grooming equiment, as their manes can get rather knotted and can cause digestion issues. :thumbup:

Leo walks for ages & won't go in the pram unless he's really tired! He prob walks mile & half before giving in! Lol! I second the sling idea but would put the new baby in as they're lighter!!! Lol, Leo's quite heavy to carry now!

WOw I'm back. After a year! Anybody else expecting again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->