• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

++October Bumpkins 2012 Graduates++

fifi-folle

C (7/11) & C (10/12)
Reaction score
Welcome to all the Mums and babies from the ++October Bumpkins 2012++ thread and any other Mums with babies born in Sept/Oct/Nov. All the babies have now arrived so it's time for a parenting thread :D

Bumpkin Babies
26th Sept
2.13pm :blue:Flutterly:blue: Zachary Arthur Stephen Philbrick 7lbs 1oz

28th Sept
9:48am :blue:Twinkie210:blue: Liam Oliver 9lb 6oz
9:05 pm :pink: Mel9996 :pink: Madalynn Ann 7 lbs 8oz

6th October
1 28am :pink:fifi-folle:pink: Cassandra Ann, 8lb11oz

8th October
3 44am :pink:Hopeful42nd:pink: Ella Sophia 7lbs 10 oz

10th October
12:34pm :pink:TB82:pink:Sophie May,8lb 3oz

11th October
5:41am :pink:annabelle29:pink: Audrey Priscilla 7.1 lbs

16th October
8:29pm :blue: lindsinc :blue: Dawson Michael 8lbs 2oz and 22" long.

18th October
:blue:Ladybug2009:blue: Joshiem Miah 9lb 12.5oz

20th October
9:55pm lindblum

21st October
1:58 AM :pink:Leikela:pink: Kayla Josephine 9lbs 1oz.
3.51am :pink:Lady-K:pink:Layla Rose 7lb10

23rd October
5.53am :pink:mumof1+1:pink: Faith Elizabeth 8lb11oz

24th October
:pink:katealim:pink: Natalie Anne Waters 8lb 1oz

26th October
2.25 pm :pink:Dizzydoll:pink: Caoimhe Marie 8lbs

28th October
5.10pm :blue:mellllly:blue: Daniel James Arnold

29th October
9.11pm :blue:Cheshire:blue: Lucas Owen 9lbs

10th Novemberr
2358 :blue:Maidelyn:blue: Evan James, 7lb 10

Yay for parenting thread :)

You can add me in there hun :) 26th October 2.25 pm Caoimhe Marie 8lbs :)

no probs hun :) how are you and your little girl doing?

We're doing well. She's a wee star. It's hard coping with the two of them sometimes but we'll get there. She's put on lots of weight which is great - now 11lbs!

How're you getting on? I remember what a shock to the system the first couple of weeks with DS were, but then he wasn't feeding well and had reflux, so not an easy baby! Hope Caoimhe is easier!

My phone is playing games with me. It's only letting me put a single letter and kicks me out....grr annoying. I have to reply to my own post as edit won't even work.

Anyone else have a fussy baby on their hands? My dd is gassy (has been since day one but is now exibing more signs). She wakes from sleep crying out in pain, she draws up her legs, gets hard tummy, toucan hear bubbles, she farts like a champ, burps, spits up small amounts while eating, after eating and later times too, swallows down regurgitation and then gets painful violent hiccups. I think it's silent reflux as the vomiting isn't really crazy bad. I think I'm going to try probiotic drops (BioGaia) see if it makes a diff. I've tried avoiding foods, especially diary, and it makes no diff.

Caoimhe is doing good :) She's been quite content since we switched to formula feeding. I have noticed she gets hiccups almost every feed and seems to get very frustrated with them. She doesn't vomit much but spits up little bits throughout the day between feeds. Not sure.how normal that is! We had a bad day yesterday and I.think.it was down to.trapped.wind. She projectile vomited all over me in the morning and was unsettled and crying all day til last night when she let out a massive burp and went back ti her contented self again.

Yay for parenting thread!

Noticed I forgot to give Layla's birth weight - she was 7lb10.

Dizzy - been meaning to ask since I saw on Facebook. How do you pronounce your daughter's name (and please excuse my ignorance).

hopeful - sounds like SR to me. DS had it and was on omeprazole for months. He spent most of the first couple of months screaming. I also tried dairy free etc but nothing worked.
dizzy - posseting is normal, Cassie does it. Her tummy still hasn't settled since I had antibiotics but it is slowly improving. It so sad when they're upset and there's nothing much you can do.

Dizzy - been meaning to ask since I saw on Facebook. How do you pronounce your daughter's name (and please excuse my ignorance).

sorted :)

No problem hun it's an old Irish name and a lot of people here seem to have trouble with it too! Me and OH both loved it though. It's pronounced Kwee-va. It means beautiful, gentle, precious :)

Thanks Fifi, with it being my first I find myself worrying over everything haha. I'll be grey by Christmas lol :)

Lovely name! I can see why you fell in love with it. Thank you :)

No problem hun it's an old Irish name and a lot of people here seem to have trouble with it too! Me and OH both loved it though. It's pronounced Kwee-va. It means beautiful, gentle, precious :)

Thanks Fifi, with it being my first I find myself worrying over everything haha. I'll be grey by Christmas lol :)

Yay for this thread!!!

Zach has just sent himself off to sleep with a dummy for the first time!! I tried tommee tippee ones but he hated them. Was recommended MAM ones so went and bought some and they have worked instantly!!!
He is also a very windy baby and wakes up with the pain :( I hate his painful cries!!

We had an appointment today with the public health nurse to check Caoimhes weight and she's up to 8lb 6 now :) She also commented that she's got very good head control already. Go Caoimhe! Proud mammy today! :)

Had 4 week doc appt today. Ella is now 9lbs 8 oz ( 7lb10oz at birth) and 54 1/2 cm(52 at birth) so she is growing really well. The doc didn't seem overly concerned with the gassy thing, just brushed it off to typical newborn stuff that should end by 3 months or so. I mentioned the probiotic drops which she said prob won't help, but to go ahead and try them. (nice, no suggestions either on what to do) I think she didn't care as baby is gaining fine and happy otherwise. This doc was filling in for mine who's away on vacation this week.
She was more worried about baby being jaundice than anything. We all in our family have a yellow orange hue to our skintone (makes for a lovely tan in the summer ) but she noticed it and even though there are no other signs (eyes, pale poop, etc) she had me take Ella up for blood work. Better safe then sorry I guess. Poor baby though, screamed bloody murder through the process!

fifi-folle, are you still using the baby sling/carrier? how are you getting on with it? I used one when she was 2weeks and it really hurt my back so have given up on it :(

hopeful, all my girls were really gassy, this one can take an hr to feed sometimes as most time is spent burping her. my arms must be pretty strong now :p

fifi-folle, are you still using the baby sling/carrier? how are you getting on with it? I used one when she was 2weeks and it really hurt my back so have given up on it :(

hopeful, all my girls were really gassy, this one can take an hr to feed sometimes as most time is spent burping her. my arms must be pretty strong now :p

what carrier were you using? i use woven wraps and dh uses a beco Butterfly, we find these much more comfortable than the baby bjorn my sil loaned us when ds was born. We both carry ds (who was 26lbs at last check) comfortably. Slingguide.co.uk is a good resource for advice on types of carrier :)

it's a front carrier with straps. i have a pouch one too but have not tried it. Maybe I need to build up my back muscles :p
thanks for the link x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"