• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

++October Bumpkins 2012 Graduates++

So cute!

Is anyone else's baby still nocturnal? DD still chooses bedtime at between midnight and 3am, it's slowly killing me!n Esp as during the day she tends to wake up when ds goes for a nap :rolleyes:

lovely pictures everyone!

fifi-folle - Oh no poor you! I went through that with my first two, so far this one seems to prefer sleeping at night so i've been lucky. Have you tried keeping her up a bit before then or giving her a bath to help her nod off?
btw, are you originally french? I speak creole, which is like a dialect of french so i know a bit of it. In my language 'fifi-folle' means 'crazy girl' :D

Is anyone else's baby still nocturnal? DD still chooses bedtime at between midnight and 3am, it's slowly killing me!n Esp as during the day she tends to wake up when ds goes for a nap :rolleyes:

My baby was definitely nocturnal until about 5 weeks old. Then she started staying up more during the day and sleeping for 4 or 5 hour clips during the night. I think the key was keeping her awake and stimulated as much as possible during the day. I also read that when you feed at night, do it in a low light and do not talk or be animated with your baby. This is supposed to teach them that nighttime is for sleeping. It seems to have worked for us.

I use a dim light at night and talk quietly and don't play with her when I do night feeds and we have a dimmer lamp in the living room to turn on instead of the main light that we turn on for the few hours before bed so she's learning that that light means night time.
Daytime feeds I talk and play with her during and after feeds. Since doing that she's been sleeping for at least one longer stretch each night that's getting a bit longer all the time. Last night she slept almost 7 hours, usually she does about 5.

She sleeps for 4-6hrs stretch at night but it's getting her to sleep that's difficult. We do low light in the evening etc. At least feeds during the night are feed then sleep rather than being awake for ages!!!

She sleeps for 4-6hrs stretch at night but it's getting her to sleep that's difficult. We do low light in the evening etc. At least feeds during the night are feed then sleep rather than being awake for ages!!!

Ah, I gotcha! I sometimes have that problem with my baby. It used to be that she could never fall asleep on her own. She would need to suck, rock or be close to our chests. We used to rock her in her swing and when she would fall asleep we would let her sleep in it or else she would wake up when trying to move her to her crib.

I read that in order to train your baby to fall asleep by themselves, to put them down when they are drowsy. We have been doing this and it is working. She is slowly getting the hang of it. Also, we put her up right on our chests and that usually makes her drowsy.

I certainly don't miss those days when she was wide wake at 3 AM and not sleeping until 5 or 6 AM! Give it time, it will get better! :)

HOw are all the babies and mommy's doing?
We are well here. Ella is amazing and quite the good baby for now. She has her moments of fussiness but overall she sleeps at night, eats less than my boy did, and is one smiley little gal :) I am tired but it's more from my son and his high energy along with dealing with baby.

another tired mama here due to toddler. But cassie is doing well, smiles lots, putting on weight (now 14lbs)

I am tired too due to my baby sleeping odd hours. She has just started sleeping 8 hours a night! However, she won't fall asleep until at least 2 AM before the long stint. If only she would sleep that long from 10 PM on, then things would be much better. I can't complain though. She goes for her shots on Friday. I heard it is harder on the parents then it is on the child! LOL

How are the rest of you all doing? Getting ready for the holiday's?

All good here. Lucas is massive now and a happy smiley content little boy. His brother is still obsessed with him and Mateus is a high energy boy so Lucas likes his quiet times. When he can get them! I cannot believe how big he is either, saw a 4 day old baby yesterday and she made Lucas look massive. Hope everyone is well

Good to hear everyone is well :)
Caoimhe is doing great. She was weighed last week And was 10lb 9oz :)
She's sleeping for a 7/8 hour stretch at night usually followed by a 2-3 hour nap straight away. She used to have another 2-3 long naps during the day then but the last week she's not really slept longer than 20mins at a time during the day so I'm not getting anything done and am lucky if I get the chance to eat or pee unless someone is here to entertain her!
Love her to bits though and can't wait for her first Christmas :)

How are we all? Can't believe DD is almost 4 months old!!! We'd started weaning DS by this point! Not happening this time, even if DD is grabbing for my plate! She's a little chubber, over 15 1/2 lbs already. Still not a fan of going to bed at night but at least sleeps in so I can feed DS breakfast.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8465/8426620890_d6011c3731_z.jpg

Ahhhh Fifi she's a darlin!!

We are good thanks! Zach is 18 weeks today and doing really well. We've had our troubles, what with the bronchiolitis and he got a skin infection round his ears but he's looking uber gorgeous now. He smiles, giggles, 'talks' loads, especially to his toys! He's just a wonderful bundle of joy!! He isn't sleeping great at the moment, feeding through the night but we think it's cos he dropped a centile so is playing catch up! He weighs about 14lbs now. He's just wonderful though :)

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/FA51D07D-3C28-4541-BB76-54342C5AEA1B-3595-000001C249167567.jpg

Oh, he also had awful cradle cap hence the lack of hair lol! We are beating that though and his hair is growing!!!

So glad to see that everyone is doing well. Natalie was 3 months on the 25th and weighs 11 lbs. 7 oz. She's doing great although we too suffer craddle cap but that seems to be coming under control. She also sleeps about 8 hour stretches at night and then naps again after being up for an hour for about another 2-3 hours. Still sleeping in our room and cooing up a storm.

Aw, everyone's baby is so cute! Glad to hear all is well! Kayla will be 4 months in one week. Time is going so fast! She is cooing and smiling. She holds her head up but is still a bit wobbly. She goes for her next round of shots next Thursday and I am dreading it. She cried so much last time. I think it hurts me more than it does her. LOL She is sleeping 9 hours at night though, so I am grateful for that! I hope everyone is well on this Valentine's Day!

Attachments

• kaylasmiling.jpg
    kaylasmiling.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Afternoon ladies! Zach is having a quick nap on me (he's supposed to be having dinner!!) so have a mo to pop on and update!!

How are you and bubbas???

I've been busy trying to lose weight and am doing well. Doing a DVD called 30 day shred and I completed day 9 this morning and this week so far I've walked 30k!! I will be skinny again!

Zach is wonderful, still the happiest thing ever and a healthy 18lbs. He loves his proper food but still on purée, no interest at all yet in finger foods! He'll be 7 months old next week!! He's desperately trying to pull himself on all fours (succeeded once!), loves standing more than sitting and can sit up on his own.

I got confirmation this morning of my work request, have been given my 4 day week :) and will be using a bit of holiday to take another day off so at the very beginning it'll be a 3 day week. After I've run out he'll be at mum's on mon, weds, fri; nursery on a Tuesday and home with me on a Thursday!

Here's a few pics for you!!!

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/D7B5BA29-09A9-4E79-8A55-AB0E4D6AC116-29862-00001ABFCDA9EA8D.jpg

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/920FB272-1D4E-4DBE-856B-1C98685CC782-29862-00001ABFF9E032DE.jpg

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/8F2388FF-C8BA-4E0A-A8D3-F27F75A497E2-29862-00001AC01AF7E64F.jpg

glad to hear all is well with you. DD is doing really well, over 18.5 lb now, was ebf til 6 mo, doing blw this time and she's loving it!! DS smashed my laptop screen so only got one collage pic handy.
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8256/8628352255_0a090f3065_c.jpg

Flutterly and Fifi,

Your son and daughter are so sweet and have really grown! It seems like yesterday we were posting about our birth stories!

My Kayla is doing very well. She will be 6 months on Sunday and weighs 18 pounds and change. She isn't sitting up on her own yet but will do it supported. She was sleeping through the night at 7 weeks. I am so glad she loves to sleep like me and her Daddy! LOL :) She is laughing now and it is such a sweet sound! I love seeing her grow and develop.

Attached are professional pics we had done of her at Easter. I hope the rest of you are doing well! Post if you can! :)

Attachments

• kaylaeaster.jpg
    kaylaeaster.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 0
  • russeleaster116.jpg
    russeleaster116.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 0
  • russeleaster13.jpg
    russeleaster13.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
  • kaylainbasket.jpg
    kaylainbasket.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
So how is everyone doing? PICS PLEASE!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->