• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

++October Bumpkins 2012 Graduates++

I have the beco Gemini but haven't used it yet! Need to figure it out this weekend!

Got Zach weighed today...he's 10lbs 3oz now :) :) my arm muscles are growing!!!

the main thing with carriers is that baby is close in to you otherwise it just pulls on your back/shoulders. TICKS is the main guideline - tight, in view, close enough to kiss, keep chin off chest, supported back, see here

I am so glad to hear that everyone is doing really well with their new bundles of joy! My daughter was also very gassy in the first week but we gave her mylicon drops which helped a lot. Her 2nd week we did notice her being a little more fussy for no reason. She really won't sleep at night time and sleeps more during the day. That makes for very tired parents! :)

She was born 9 lb. 10 oz. and but discharged at 8 lbs. 3 oz. At her 2 week check up, she was 8 lbs. 10 oz. They wanted her back to 9 lb. 1 oz by 2 weeks so she is going for another weight check next week. I am finding it hard to wake her up for feedings every 3 hours but I am trying.

Breast feeding is definitely grueling but I am trying my best. We still supplement with formula though as I am still not making enough milk to meet her demands. However, I am so in love with my daughter. She is worth it all! :)

Zach is full of mucus at the moment - it's horrible :( :( he's dealing with it amazing though :) we are using saline drops but if it doesn't start improving I'll call the doctors. Poor little mite :(

taking him into the bathroom with the shower running should help too :)

Yep we've done that too :) he does seem a bit better today :) still sleeping loads, think its his way of forgetting about it! If he sleeps then he is more comfy!!

Not really any better so taking him to the docs this morning! Better to be safe than sorry!!

Thought I would share a pic of my precious girl Ella Sophia :)
IMG_4813.jpg

Aw, what a beauty Hopeful! :)

Quick question... Have any of you had any problems waking your baby up? For the first time yesterday, my baby would not wake up. She would stir but would not become alert. I was so frantic, I didn't know what to do. She eventually did wake up and has been fine since. Just wondering if this is normal? Thanks for any feedback!

We are in hospital :( Zach has bronchiolitis that has made his airways tight which is why he can't breathe very well :( he's just been put on a bit of oxygen just to help him :( he's fine and he'll be fine, it's just a lot for a small person to deal with! Just had a little cry cos he looks so tiny with the tubes in his nose!

So sorry to hear Flutterly! Best wishes to your little man for a speedy recovery. I would be crying too if it was my little one! Hugs!

Poor Zach! I'd cry too, they are too small for these big person issues. Where on earth did he catch that? Hugs flutterly
Leikela- hmm, well did you try to wake babe during the deep sleep stage? It's normal for them not to rouse during that deep sleep. During the first two sleep stages you should be able to wake but the other two not so much. But the good news is they don't spend long in those sleep stages.
https://www.lpch.org/DiseaseHealthInfo/HealthLibrary/newborn/behrslep.html
Hope that helps, my dd has moments where she is non responsive. Just make sure they are a good temp, colour and breathing regular.

I have no idea where he caught it but there's a lot going round so I guess it could have been anywhere!!

Docs have just been round, they've reduced the oxygen levels to see how he gets on with it at a lower level (think its at the lowest!) and therefore still keeping an eye on him! need to try and get him to eat more as he's too busy sleeping! Might be looking at another night here but hopefully not!

hope you get home soon. Bronchiolitis is v common in wee ones, I know several babies who've been admitted with it, but it's so scary :hug:

hopeful and leikela, your lo's are lovely :)

leikela, does ur baby have jaundice? that can make them hard to wake.

flutterly, hope zach gets well soon x

I know there're a few of us who've had csections, did any of you have dissolvable stitches?My scar hasn't been healing that well and last night I found some pieces of stitch coming out. Not sure if this is what's wrong with my wound?

fifi-i've not had a c-section so i don't know, but, could you call your midwife/hv even if it's normal, at least you get peace of mind. hope its ok x

Fifi, I would call your midwife if I was you, I haven't had any such problems with my scar but would be straight on the phone if I had!

Zach is much improved an we are being discharged! Here he is looking very happy that he has no more wires up his nose!!

https://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p238/loobielis/650490AB-9C71-451A-B515-44F5AFD373A1-19705-000013378BAAA969.jpg

so glad you're getting home!
I was on antibiotics for my scar but have been discharged from m/ws, might see if I can get an appt with practice nurse but it's such a hassle with ds! Last time I had prolene and beads which I preferred.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->