~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Got my 12 week scan date through!! :D 12th April!!

Urm I think at the moment we're staying Team Yellow...... but depends on the hospital if they'll tell us what the baby is to making our final decision :D

Haha yeah I've heard of a few people who didn't want to know the sex and the sonographer messed up and told them "he" or "she" is doing well so they knew anyway haha :)

Just to let you know I went for my 12 wk scan mon and we are having twins!!!! And my due date is now 7th october!

Congrats on your twins! How shocked were you? Did they tell you identical or fraternal?

congrats on the twins! I've updated the front page.
I think we're going to find out sex this time

Great pics Mel! Glad everything went well. 8 days until my u/s.

I will definitely find out the gender and I might even find out next Thursday. Our u/s tech told us at 12 weeks with my DS and she was right, so I might ask if she can tell this time around. I've been reading that the odds are around 90% accurate at 13 weeks and I'll be 12.5, so here's hoping I don't have to wait until 20 weeks. :winkwink:

she couldnt get a good view today. cookie had legs clenched tight together haha and yest they were up in air and crossed. so when the time comes i better get some cooperation from cookie. i go back in 4 wks so im hoping they can tell me then

:haha: That's funny about the clenched legs. Maybe next time you can drink some orange juice and hope to get the little one hopping from the sugar. I'm thinking of doing that myself.

Clair- Congrats on the twins!! There seems to be a lot of them in a couple threads I'm in. :thumbup:

I think it's great you're Team Yellow Dizzydoll! It would be too hard for me to wait that long, but it really would be the best suprise ever finding out after you deliver. :flower:

Ya I think that once baby arrives I want that little surprise, it'll be my extra little reward haha :) I still have 30 weeks to go though so I may end up changing my mind haha, hopefully I won't though :)

Great pics Mel! Glad everything went well. 8 days until my u/s.

I will definitely find out the gender and I might even find out next Thursday. Our u/s tech told us at 12 weeks with my DS and she was right, so I might ask if she can tell this time around. I've been reading that the odds are around 90% accurate at 13 weeks and I'll be 12.5, so here's hoping I don't have to wait until 20 weeks. :winkwink:

she couldnt get a good view today. cookie had legs clenched tight together haha and yest they were up in air and crossed. so when the time comes i better get some cooperation from cookie. i go back in 4 wks so im hoping they can tell me then

:haha: That's funny about the clenched legs. Maybe next time you can drink some orange juice and hope to get the little one hopping from the sugar. I'm thinking of doing that myself.

ill have to keep that in mind. didnt even think about. i had just ate tacos so cookie was moving a good bit but was either being lady like or a gentlemen hahah

Not got much time will post more later - just wanted to say congratlations to all those of you who've had scans!! Loving all these photos, keep them coming :)

3 more sleeps till mine, can't wait!!

And ClairHawkins congratulations on your twins!! Can I ask - had you had any signs or inkling that there might be more than one....?

Congrats on the twins - how exciting!

I have a question for you ladies. I am a bridesmaid in 2 weddings this summer - I will be at the end of my 2nd tri and the beginning of my 3rd tri. I was measured yesterday and with maternity dresses you order based solely on your bust size. The fitted non-maternity dress I tried on yesterday was a size 12 and fit perfectly - even with a little give. But, based on my bust measurement I should have fit in a size 14. I'm kinda freaking out about whether I should just order a size 14 or if I should give myself a little more wiggle room and order a 16? 16 seems like it might be too much, especially considering that I've grown by a cup size in the last month (and the 12 fit just fine yesterday) and I don't imagine that I'll continue on that pattern my entire pregnancy...what are your thoughts?!

Congrats on the twins - how exciting!

I have a question for you ladies. I am a bridesmaid in 2 weddings this summer - I will be at the end of my 2nd tri and the beginning of my 3rd tri. I was measured yesterday and with maternity dresses you order based solely on your bust size. The fitted non-maternity dress I tried on yesterday was a size 12 and fit perfectly - even with a little give. But, based on my bust measurement I should have fit in a size 14. I'm kinda freaking out about whether I should just order a size 14 or if I should give myself a little more wiggle room and order a 16? 16 seems like it might be too much, especially considering that I've grown by a cup size in the last month (and the 12 fit just fine yesterday) and I don't imagine that I'll continue on that pattern my entire pregnancy...what are your thoughts?!

I would say go for the 14, at the end of the second tri your ribcage will probably have expanded a bit as bump moves up. Wouldn't go for the 16 though.

Hey Guys

Hope you are all good :)
Just checking in really, saying hello! 4 more sleeps til my 12 week scan, eeek. I have to tell my boss in the next 3 days though - so nervous!

Oh and today I have discovered that my nipples are starting to crack! :cry:
What is that about? They don't hurt at all, I just didn't expect it!?

x x

that's a bit odd feanorous. I suggest lansinoh cream or avent nipple cream. Are you planning to BF? If so having one of them would really be heplful.

Yeah that usually only happen when breastfeeding from the irritations and moisture. Perhaps your bras are chafing a bit? Also don't use soap over the area just clean water to wash. Lanolin is great for that and you will for sure use it if breastfeeding.

I'm glad the topic was brought up. Who plans on breastfeeding and who not? What swayed your choice? Personally I breastfeed, as it's recommended by the world health organization for the first two years of the child's life. I'm not going that far, but my son still feeds 4-5 times and takes cups of homo milk with meals, he's 14 months. I'm hoping he'll quit soon as I do not want to be tandem feeding.

I'm still BFing my son, hoping to either let him wean himself or stop when he's around 2. We had such a battle to start BFing I don't want to stop just cause I am pregnant with his sibling (I don't want him to miss out because of our complacency re contraception). I hope that we will tandem feed as he'll only be 14/15 months when this LO appears.
One good thing is that I know what I'm doing this time and know to ask about posterior tongue tie if new baby has difficulty latching as it took to 8 weeks to get DS' snipped after his weight gain had suffered and my supply had been affected by using nipple shields (only way to get him on boob before TT snip).
I'm more than happy to support any of the girls on here with BFing :) It's perhaps not as easy as antenatal classes make out for everyone, but for others it's fine!

I agree with you that it's not easy, it took work and determination, but it has been so worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->