~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Mel- sorry your sis isn't the supportive type. Sounds as though she is jealous of your relationship and this baby. Don't let it rain on your parade. Did you support her when she was pregnant 10 years ago? Maybe point that out if she continues her rude behavior.

oo yeah i was very supportive of her!! i even helped with her baby shower and have been very involved with my niece. my relationship with my sister is very tricky its all about her no matter what the situation is. shes the kind of person if u r having a problem and try to talk to her about it she will turn it into something about herself and completely avoid talking about u. but she is jealous i can tell. i mean if my mom buys me a sweater she gets jealous so i can only imagine me having a baby something she has watned for awhile now is driving her crazy

Mel sorry to hear your sister isn't being supportive. I agree she does sound jealous.... maybe she dosn't like the spotlight being on you instead of her....?

Randomly a girl I know was told in her first scan she was expecting identical twins, the later identical twin boys and then in her most recent scan was told one was a boy and the other a girl?? I thought that was impossible lol. Can't wait to see when they're born which sonographer was right lol!!

Hopeful42nd the problem was at the time I was a clueless first time mum so had nothing else to compare with.... so when DD wouldn't latch and I was in agony and it was all going wrong I believed the silly NCT lady and thought we were beyond hope lol.... With the knowledge and contacts and friends I have now am feeling quite ready to give it a better go!

Scan tomorrow, am so nervous!! So convinced there is going to be nothing there lol!!

Sorry about your selfish sis, Mel. Hopefully she can snap out of it and be supportive. Don't let her stress you out; it's just not worth it.

U/S in 2 days!! I'm sooo excited to hear the heartbeat and see that everything's okay in there. Plus, I'm excited for hubby to finally be able to see what's going in there. :flower:

I'm feeling soo much better lately too. No more nausea and starting to get more energy. How's everyone else feeling?

mel your sis sounds like hard work
woo hoo for identical twins Claire
Good luck for upcoming scans emsmum and annabelle!

I've still been being sick the past few days but I think it's flu/virus causing it :(

boo hiss on being ill fififolle - hope you're all better soon!

I'm feeling better this week too, even the sore hips. Not really sick anymore. Still absolutely exhausted though lol!

Anabelle best of luck for your scan too!

no more MS bbs arent sore anymore just sensitive nipples but every day around 6oclock i want to crash its like thats my nap time or something haha. omg and im having crazy dreams like OH cheating and me moving out but everything is ok on the home front freaks me out. last nite i woke up in the middle of the nite so pissed off i wanted to punch him in the face but i knew it was just a dream

My emotions have been all over the map and I'm having crazy dreams too! Not of fighting with DH, but of people I used to know/spend time with but haven't seen in years. Somehow they are involved in my life again through dreams. So weird and vivid.

I've been having weird dreams lately and haven't been sleeping very well because of it too!!
I've been so exhausted these past 4 or 5 days!

Emsmum - good luck with your scan tomorrow! What time is it? I am sure you will be just fine.
Mine is on Thurs and I feel just the same!

That's so funny about the twins story - you'll have to update us on that one :)

Mel - sorry about your sister. My sister is trying for a baby at the moment and I am sure she feels a little sad about me being pregnant but she hasn't shown it, she has been lovely. It's a shame you can't have that - can you talk to her about it?

x

While I think the nausea has passed, I am still having sour stomach/heartburn, plus I am soooo tired, I crash at like 7 each night! My blood work came back with low vit D, so I am hoping once I start taking the meds for that that my energy will improve some!

Emsmum - good luck with your scan tomorrow! What time is it? I am sure you will be just fine.
Mine is on Thurs and I feel just the same!

That's so funny about the twins story - you'll have to update us on that one :)

Mel - sorry about your sister. My sister is trying for a baby at the moment and I am sure she feels a little sad about me being pregnant but she hasn't shown it, she has been lovely. It's a shame you can't have that - can you talk to her about it?

x

i doubt it. it would most likely make her more mad or she would just say that she is happy for me but actions speak louder than words. im glad ur sis is so supportive of u

Its at 1pm (UK summer time) so 5 hours to wait...... can't wait!! Been thinking all night about all possibilities from twins or quads to no baby or MMC..... I need to know now for sanity's sake!

xx

Its at 1pm (UK summer time) so 5 hours to wait...... can't wait!! Been thinking all night about all possibilities from twins or quads to no baby or MMC..... I need to know now for sanity's sake!

xx

Well good luck, I'll be thinking of you! Come back and update us asap :)
It will all be fine xxx

Scan was amazing!!

Was so nervous was literally dancing by the time I left the house, when the sonographer showed me the screen I had tears in my eyes!! One perfectly formed, very wriggly baby. Sonographer moved around a lot and showed me the whole form, right from spine and ribcage to little nose and hands and feet and it wriggled away the whole time. Can't believe how much clearer it was than with my daugher!!

Dated at 12+6 which means my due date has changed to the 11th October

Best of luck for everyone who has scans tomorrow!

Attachments

• 2012-04-04 13.54.18.jpg
    2012-04-04 13.54.18.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 10
Great news Emsmum! What an amazing pic as well, so clear. You can really see detail on the face. I am going to guess girl :)

Mine is tomorrow, eeek!

x

Emsmum - Congrats on the scan, I've updated your EDD. :)

Feanorous - hopefully baby dust will rub off on your sister.

Twinkie it's good that they check your vit d levels, not something they do here (although I take a calcium and vit d supplement on top of my prenatals)

I still feel rubbish. I have tonsilitis but there's no point going to the docs as they don't give antibiotics for it anymore, just drink lots of fluids and bed rest!?!? Not sure how to get bed rest with 8 month old!

Yay on the good scan Emsmum! :thumbup: Glad all is well and you got to see your little squirmer.

Sorry you're feeling so crappy Fifi. :hugs: I hate being sick with a kid b/c you don't have the time to take care of yourself like you should.

One more day! I'm so excited and nervous!!! Good luck with yours tomorrow as well Feanorous!

Emsmum, what a beautiful scan!! The face is so detailed. Congrats! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->