~~++October Bumpkins 2012++~~

Hopeful42nd - how long did it take you to get used to peppermint tea? im really finding it hard, the smell is sooo strong.

leikela i had the glucose test yesterday, i had to wait 2hrs tho :( when do you get results? mine should be tomorrow.

Hopeful42nd - how long did it take you to get used to peppermint tea? im really finding it hard, the smell is sooo strong.

leikela i had the glucose test yesterday, i had to wait 2hrs tho :( when do you get results? mine should be tomorrow.

I didn't :( think you've confused me with another gal. I used to drink red raspberry leaf and green tea, no issues with those. When I was sick I'd drink a rooibus chai that had a bit of mint to it. I didn't find it overly strong though. I think I'm with you, real mint tea would bother me. What r u using it for again?

so sorry you're right, just read back a couple of pages and it was Lady-K that suggested it.. ooops sorry x
She said it was supposed to help indigestion.

No worries, don't apologise. I don't see how peppermint could help...maybe the initial cooling effect?
I went out and got some cute baby stuff at old navy this morning. Gotta love their clearence section!

Lindblum, they didn't tell me when I would get the results, but I am assuming they will call me. If there are no problems, maybe I won't even find out until my next visit in 3 weeks.

Did you feel any differently within the 2 hours? Like any shaking or headache? I felt pretty much the same. I was just starving!

I felt a bit unwell, lightheaded and sickly kind of and I got a weird tingling in my right foot :haha:
Other than that though it wasn't too bad. I was very tired after and not really able to eat much for the afternoon.

Nice to see every1 is doing well.

Francesscia - Haha i no the feeling everytime me and my dh dtd bby seems to not want me to relax afterwards haha. I guess thats what we get haha!

Hosp bag is getting ready 2mpz seen as ive bn having alot of braxton hicks and alot of pressure in my back i never had this wiv my ds and dd as i was induced this time i have a feeling (and i hope) i will o alone :)

xxx

Hi hope everyone is well. We came back from France and had a nice break (also baby stayed put and I made it home still pregnant :) )

I had my 28 week appointment, all good but the baby is still in the breech position :dohh: the midwife did say it was too early to worry and he can turn but I am detemined to lay down the law with this little guy now. I have started daily breech tilt excersise. I also try to stretch out as often as I can, especially when I'm sleeping/resting.

We talked about the options and she said as it's my 4th pregnancy turning him manually will probably be affective and less dangerous. Also they are happy to do a vaginal delivery if his feet are likely to come first :shock: but in that case I would need to be on the main hospital ward and not in the home from home unit that I want to be in. So I am determined that HE WILL TURN!

I am trying a little relaxation and imagining him turning, or telling him to turn. I found this useful for labour so hoping it works, the only problem is finding space and quiet time in my house is nearly impossible :)

I also thought I was HUGE and really worried that he was going to be a massive baby. I am measuring exactly 29cms and the midwife did say, you only have 9-11 weeks left you know, chances are I will not go much past 40 weeks as I never do. I am still feeling like I am half way through!!!

Plenty time for him to turn (and not being too cheeky - space too! ;) ) I know a couple of people who have had vaginal breech births, one was her first baby! The other was wanting a home birth but chose to go in as there were no guarantees she would get a m/w experienced with breech birth coming out to her.
I had my 32 week appt on Thursday, fundal height measuring 33 which I was relieved about as I'd been measuring 3 weeks ahead at 28 wks. Baby is head down still. Just trying to get organised for my homebirth before I get too massive (or too obsessed with cleaning everything!)

That's good to know Fifi, I'm assuming he will turn as all my others were always head down, so I think this little guy must have a lot more room, my husband joked that he is trying to get close to my boobs already.

leikela - i was just feeling dizzy/faint and or course hungry! i got my results today, it was normal :)

leikela - i was just feeling dizzy/faint and or course hungry! i got my results today, it was normal :)

Congrats on it being normal! I haven't heard anything from my Dr. so I am assuming mine was normal too. :)

Hi all! Glad to see everyone is doing well. I am really starting to struggle now :( 33 weeks today and I feel so heavy and have this awful pain down in my groin area which is probably either a ligament or my pelvis has shifted! The thought that I might have another 8ish weeks of this...really don't want to go overdue!!

Flutterly, I feel your pain! I am starting to feel uncomfortable sitting in an upright position. I feel as though my lungs are being crushed and I need to stop sometimes and take deep breaths. Considering my baby has yet to put on 4 more pounds over the next 10 weeks, I can only envision this getting worse. :(

I have heard that towards the end, pregnant women just want the baby out already. It already feels like I am carrying around a bowling ball!

That's something I keep forgetting to mention on here, as well as to my doc.
At night when I wake I have some pretty bad back pain and chest intercostal muscle pain. The problem is after laying there breathing awake for a few moments I get this horrible pain that radiates through my chest, front and back, all over the ribcage. It's like I can't breathe without it severely hurting and I cringe and tense up till it passes. It lasts about 15-20 seconds but it feels like forever and is scary. Anyone else get pain like that?

Hopeful, I don't get pain quite like that. At night, I sometimes suffer from leg cramps (Charlie horses). I never got them before, just with this pregnancy. They are so painful!! The muscles are affected in strange ways during pregnancy, especially towards the end with the release of the hormone relaxin. What you are describing sounds muscular. Regardless, that must be very scary to go through at night!

I got leg cramps at 5am this morning!! Legs were completely stick with feet pointing downwards and I couldn't move!! Had to get my OH to put my feet back into position and then it went. Was well scary, I've never had it that bad!!

Leikeila, I get that as well if I sit too upright!! I have about 5lbs of baby in me now...so heavy!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->